Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bring Vala over to Stargate Atlantis Thread.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like vala.
    I don't want her in SGA, at all. There's no reason for the character to be there, there's no sense for it, and the SGA characters really need some screen time.
    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    Yes, I am!
    sigpic
    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
      I really like vala.
      I don't want her in SGA, at all. There's no reason for the character to be there, there's no sense for it, and the SGA characters really need some screen time.

Ditto. If you keep bringing over SG1 characters, then SGA will be gone and you'llhave SG1 again. They've had 10 years and now two movies.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
        Ditto. If you keep bringing over SG1 characters, then SGA will be gone and you'llhave SG1 again. They've had 10 years and now two movies.
        Quite. Much as I love SG1 (and I do), I don't want them cluttering up Atlantis and steamrollering over the development of the SGA team characters. It's bad enough Sam is crossing over but Vala joining her would probably be the straw that breaks this camel's back. Repel all SG1 boarders!
        sigpic
        "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

The only character from SG-1 I would like to have in Atlantis is Daniel; I don't want Carter there and as for Vala... NO @#$%^&* WAY !!!

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
            It they do that, it'll backfire on them big time. SG1 was axed for a reason. SGA is a growing show. There's still time for it to develop to be as big as SG1 was at its best, but not if they populate Atlantis with actors from a show that was axed due to poor ratings. I can't for the life of me find their logic...
            It was cancelled because it cost more than Sci Fi wanted to pay, if the actors had lower wages it would still be on the air.

Comment

Originally posted by kimaken View Post
              It's already turning in that direction with Carter coming in as a regular recurring character and others are supposedly going to do the occasional crossover. Since SGA's dumping/marginalizing characters they don't know how to write for (Ford, Beckett, Weir--I expect Teyla to go next), why not bring in the characters they do know how to write? They might be able to salvage something by combining the key characters from both shows.
              i will laugh if teyla actually makes it to the end.
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

It they do that, it'll backfire on them big time. SG1 was axed for a reason. SGA is a growing show. There's still time for it to develop to be as big as SG1 was at its best, but not if they populate Atlantis with actors from a show that was axed due to poor ratings. I can't for the life of me find their logic...

A growing show? Please. It dropped almost exactly the same amount as SG-1. Now if the average ratings had been at least half a point higher I'd concede the *possibility*...

SG-1 was axed because it cost more (actors writers, producers, teamsters) to produce. Yes, the ratings had a part - commercial revenue was down - but were hardly the sole reason.

If Atlantis is going to develop shows like Irresistible and Irresponsible it'll go the same was very quickly.

And Vala? While I'm finally beginning to like her on SG-1 just not as *part* of SG-1(which is more than I can say for Our Hewo Mitchell) she has zero reason to be on Atlantis. At least Sam has a working knowlege of tech and training.

suse
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.
                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

It would not make sense for Vala to be in Atlantis. I think she's one of the greatest characters in Stargate history but she wouldn't fit into Atlantis, not while the Ori are still a threat anyway.

She has too much motivation to stay in the milky way galaxy - her daughter is on a crusade against The Unbelievers, her husband is missing presumed dead, and who knows what other reasons she has to stay (a sense of responcibility? After all, it's kind of her fault we even met the Ori...)?

I'd quite like to see Walter and Siler reassigned to Atlantis though, and Major Lorne (spelling?) given his own team on the base.

Comment

Originally posted by BewareofthePhil View Post
                    I'd quite like to see Walter and Siler reassigned to Atlantis though, and Major Lorne (spelling?) given his own team on the base.
                    If Walter came over cutie Chuck would be out of a job, so sorry but no admission to Walter either.
                    sigpic
                    "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Gwahahaha! Finally something we all agree on!

Comment

I get the feeling that TPTB are pissed off that their number one show was axed. They've got themselves into a comfort zone writing for the SG1 characters. They most likely wanted to continue with that.

Now that they're not being utilised on SG1, they're probably thinking "hey, now we can dump all those characters we can't be bothered developing and bring in the actors from the show we really want to make".

For me it shows a real lack of respect for the actors on Atlantis. I can't imagine how they must feel, seeing Paul's character killed off, and Torri dropped to recurring, possibly to go the way of RSF. You couldn't be confident in your future on that show... maybe Joe's smart to have his family in LA.... having seen them off Carson, one of the least offensive characters you'll ever see on television, you never can be sure of who they'll kill off next in their bid for ratings.
                        I recall in the "Ask Joe Mallozzi" thread, he clearly stated that he hated all questions concerning the ancients and usually had poor or no answers for such queries. Now he is running a show whose entire premise and supposed being revolves around them. Yeah - expect more "Irresponsibles". We know in advance just how interested he is in Atlantis' conceptual material.

It sure will be fun watching the last threads of what made the show good fray away to reveal an entire television program consisting of unrelated episodes in which our poorly written heroes fight dragons or serial rapists and embark on quests with all the quality execution and imagination of a third grader's unchecked freewriting.

Oh yeah - and every night after these glorious adventures, the characters come home to the SGC - I mean, Atlantis - and play Russian Roulette. "Who will mysteriously vanish without mention or effect between episodes!" will become the primary source of dramatic suspension in this quaint new show.
                        Last edited by AutumnDream; 15 February 2007, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BewareofthePhil View Post
                          Uhhhh... Major Lorne DOES have his own team on the base! We've seen him several times, particularly in Season 3, on off-world missions with his team and heard it referred to as "Major Lorne's team".
                          sigpic

Comment

NO. Just no.

Comment

It seems that it is very difficult to have a conversation nowadays, without flaming.

"Booo, SG1 characters suck, Atlantis is a different thing, boooo, boooo and another boooo."

How is Atlantis a different thing? Let us look at the shows a bit ...

1. Ronon and Teyla aka Conan and Xena (Teal`c). Why am I putting both here? Well, Teal'c is a jaffa warrior who gave a lot of insight regarding the Goa'uld ways and strategies. Ronon wants only one thing, kill the Wraith not bringing in any feedback about them, whereas, Teyla, beats up some people and brings insight about the Wraith (aka Goa'uld).
                              2. Sheppard (O'Neill), at least he tries to be ...
                              3. McKay (Carter, when it is that period of the month)
                              4. Zelenka the doctor who 90 % of the time screws up (Dr. Lee-did the same thing)
                              5. Carson (Janet, Dr. Lam, etc)
                              6. Weir (civilian version of Gen. Hammond, Gen. Landry) and a bit of Daniel Jackson
                              7. Lt. Ford, Major Lorne (Kowalsky and all the other backup soldiers O'Neill had)
                              8. They new guy dialling the gate (Walter)
                              9. Caldwell and Ellis (Commander of the Odyssey)

What is so original about SGA?

90 % the show is an exact replica of SG1. What will happen if Vala joins? The same thing that happened with SG1. Funnier episodes and better character interaction.
                              Last edited by Integrabyte; 15 February 2007, 07:40 AM.

Comment

vala on sga now way in hell

vala in the thirth series yes please since i realy like here

Comment

Working...
                                X