Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bring Vala over to Stargate Atlantis Thread.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Vala came to Atlantis, Sheppard would have to step down from command, because he'd never leave his bedroom. I think we've already lost enough Atlantis stars, don't you?
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
      If Vala came to Atlantis, Sheppard would have to step down from command, because he'd never leave his bedroom. I think we've already lost enough Atlantis stars, don't you?
      No.

Comment

Oh no, no way! No Vala on SGA please!! If she comes over I'm seriously done with the show. Carter is more than enough, SGA needs no more SG1 people!

Comment

Vala on Atlantis?

NO NO NO NO!!!!!!
          She's bad enough on SG1, but no way would I want her on my favourite show. I'm shuddering at the thought...
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kimaken View Post
            I love Vala, Daniel, Cam, and Teal'c! I'd watch if they took over SGA.
            Well then it'd SG1- Atlantis, wouldn't it? Nope, I think the SG1 characters are just fine where they are, thank you very much.
            sigpic

Comment

I usually try and take the middle ground when it comes to SG1 character and Atlantis. I like them, and yes I would love to see more of them when SG1 ends, but I just cant find a way to justify Vala on Atlantis. It would be terrible for Atlantis and for her, she just wouldn’t fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                Vala on Atlantis?

NO NO NO NO!!!!!!
                She's bad enough on SG1, but no way would I want her on my favourite show. I'm shuddering at the thought...
                ^ What she said. Couldn't have put it better myself.
                sigpic
                "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

vala would be better than teyla, she knows about tech, can fly a stolen ships, more classy and qiute funny

has been to another galaxy far far away
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                    vala would be better than teyla, she knows about tech, can fly a stolen ships, more classy and qiute funny

has been to another galaxy far far away
                    Whereas Teyla COMES FROM a galaxy far, far away... i.e. the Pegasus Galaxy. She is a native and provides invaluable local knowledge and information. And Vala knows precisely.... what?.. about either the Pegasus Galaxy, the Ancients or Ancient technology?
                    sigpic

Comment

I'd choose Poochinski over Vala every single time. Looks, grace, ability, appropriateness... Poochinski outclasses Vala in every imaginable category.

I may think Teyla is under-utilized, but at least she's from Stargate: Atlantis. Although the show itself might turn into a joke, what with all the planned crossovers. The integrity of the show has already been eroded enough without adding a godsawful acid bath like Vala to finish off what little dignity remains and cast the entire show into the cesspit.

Comment

I'm not a big fan of Teyla, but at least she has a reason for being there, even if she hardly ever does anything.

The Vala character is fun but why would she end up on Atlantis. There is no reason for her to move there. If you cant come up with a way to justify her moving there, then the rest of the conversation is pointless in my opinion.

I don’t think all the Atlantis characters are used to their full potential, but i think they should stop replacing them and develop what they have.

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                          Well then it'd SG1- Atlantis, wouldn't it? Nope, I think the SG1 characters are just fine where they are, thank you very much.
                          It's already turning in that direction with Carter coming in as a regular recurring character and others are supposedly going to do the occasional crossover. Since SGA's dumping/marginalizing characters they don't know how to write for (Ford, Beckett, Weir--I expect Teyla to go next), why not bring in the characters they do know how to write? They might be able to salvage something by combining the key characters from both shows.

Comment

It's already turning in that direction with Carter coming in as a regular recurring character and others are supposedly going to do the occasional crossover. Since SGA's dumping/marginalizing characters they don't know how to write for (Ford, Beckett, Weir--I expect Teyla to go next), why not bring in the characters they do know how to write? They might be able to salvage something by combining the key characters from both shows.
                            Sadly, you do have a point. Why not simply bring over the rest of the cast and give up the pretense of Atlantis being a separate and unique show? So what if the characters don't fit, that's never stopped the writers before.

Comment

It's already turning in that direction with Carter coming in as a regular recurring character and others are supposedly going to do the occasional crossover. Since SGA's dumping/marginalizing characters they don't know how to write for (Ford, Beckett, Weir--I expect Teyla to go next), why not bring in the characters they do know how to write?
                              Well, a) dumping characters the writers don't know how to write for is a major, MAJOR cop-out for the writers and b) The ability of TPTB to write for their SG1 characters, Carter in particular, has been debated for several seasons now.

But yeah, I do see your point.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                                Well, a) dumping characters the writers don't know how to write for is a major, MAJOR cop-out for the writers and b) The ability of TPTB to write for their SG1 characters, Carter in particular, has been debated for several seasons now.
                                You say that as if it means something.

Do I want Vala on Atlantis? Hell frakkin no! But I wouldn't be a bit surprised if she showed up. I think the writers are more interested in fulfilling their own fantasies than in doing what's best for the show.

Comment

Working...
                                X