Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bring Vala over to Stargate Atlantis Thread.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheNarims View Post
    I don't believe it would be a good move even if there was Daniel. Sam on Atlantis is okay. She has always worked with the technology of the ancients but Vala has no knowlegde that would help the crew of Atlantis to survive in the Pegasus Galaxy.
    I wouldn't say Sam on Atlantis was okay, but at least it's plausible. As is, Daniel being on Atlantis. Hell, even Cam on Atlantis is plausible.

But Vala, Teal'c, Jonas (yes, I've seen that idea around) have NOTHING other than man-power and general knowledge to offer the expedition.

I like Vala; I love Vala, but I'm with the others so far when I say, HELL NO!

Comment

Vala----Atlantis

kskskskskashashhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

(sistem error)
      Hallowed are the Ori !!!
      Follow the path of the Enlightment !
      Why Sg1 !!?? Why not me!!?? Why !!??

Comment

In S9 I didn't like her, but have to admit, I'm slowly coming around to her now.

Obviously they couldn't simply pap her over out of the blue, they'd have to take off Teyla, especially since Carter is coming over also. So if she's on the main team, that's up to 5. Vala would be 6 & there is virtually no way to do that. Atlantis is already the Rodney McKay show, so seeing how much they love to write for Vala, then it's be impossible to fit both of them in all the time, combined with Carter, Shep, Ronon & Teyla.

If they took out Teyla, then if it was to be a female, my 1st choice would be Carter for a full time role on the team, but if not her, then the toned down Vala. Although can't really see much use for her against Wraith, Asurans, or the numerous primitive villages that they seem to stumble upon every week.

So I don't see it happening for a few reasons. Hopefully they'll at least do an SG-1, SGA team effort in S4. Perhaps SG-1 comes to help out on a mission & they can all work together in a 2 parter. That would be cool!

Comment

Dear god, no. I like her okay on SG1 but she on Atlantis? Ack. From a mythology context there is absolutely no reason for her to be there, she has nothing to offer the mission. From a show context, Atlantis is not the dumping ground for SG1 characters that the fans can't bring themselves to let go of!
          sigpic

Comment

Why don't we replace Ronon with Teal'c while we're at it. And heck, Daniel "deserves" to be on Atlantis, so bring him along, too. And if we're gonna bring them, we may as well bring the whole band and invite Cam.

Let's see.... Sam replaces Weir, Vala replaces Teyla, Teal'c replaces Ronon, Cam replaces Shep, and then we have Daniel and McKay switching off. Perfect! I'm sure it's just what the producers, the network, and the "true" fans want!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
              Why don't we replace Ronon with Teal'c while we're at it. And heck, Daniel "deserves" to be on Atlantis, so bring him along, too. And if we're gonna bring them, we may as well bring the whole band and invite Cam.

Let's see.... Sam replaces Weir, Vala replaces Teyla, Teal'c replaces Ronon, Cam replaces Shep, and then we have Daniel and McKay switching off. Perfect! I'm sure it's just what the producers, the network, and the "true" fans want!
              I was thinking the same thing. Just dump all the current Atlantis characters and replace them with SG1 characters. Lower everyone's pay so they can still produce the show and rename it "SG1 Returns". This way they won't have to develop the current Atlantis characters (they all died from exploding ulcers).

I don't mind Amanda Tapping on Atlantis, but get real. Vala?

Comment

Originally posted by J. Stone View Post
                Hey Mods!! How about making this thread a sticky??
                First off the mods only sticky the mod important of important threads.

on topic adding vala to Atlantis, she wouldn't add anything to the show and she would really be out of place. besides we already have Amanda tapping moving to SGA that's enough for me.
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by J_B View Post
                  In S9 I didn't like her, but have to admit, I'm slowly coming around to her now.

Obviously they couldn't simply pap her over out of the blue, they'd have to take off Teyla, especially since Carter is coming over also. So if she's on the main team, that's up to 5. Vala would be 6 & there is virtually no way to do that. Atlantis is already the Rodney McKay show, so seeing how much they love to write for Vala, then it's be impossible to fit both of them in all the time, combined with Carter, Shep, Ronon & Teyla.

If they took out Teyla, then if it was to be a female, my 1st choice would be Carter for a full time role on the team, but if not her, then the toned down Vala. Although can't really see much use for her against Wraith, Asurans, or the numerous primitive villages that they seem to stumble upon every week.

So I don't see it happening for a few reasons. Hopefully they'll at least do an SG-1, SGA team effort in S4. Perhaps SG-1 comes to help out on a mission & they can all work together in a 2 parter. That would be cool!
                  I love Vala but I'd vote no. Carter is fine as she can fit in but Vala would have no place there. Still I like your team effort idea.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I love Vala, Daniel, Cam, and Teal'c! I'd watch if they took over SGA.

Comment

Oh dear - no.

I'm one of those who thinks that there should only be two or three direct crossovers of SG-1 characters a season. Atlantis should be its own show. Using it as a store for old SG-1 characters is just a horrible idea. And especially not Vala, who has as many connections with the Pegasus galaxy as my desk does with the nearest P90.
                      I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

hell no! dont even like her on sg1, no offence to claudia but she is so unneccessary!!!!!
                        argh!!!
                        kill me now!!!
                        The Advertisements MGM never wants you to see!!

Comment

Originally posted by kimaken View Post
                          Uh no.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

wow someone likes sg1 and i dont blame you, shame you dont like atlantis enough, so to the point where you want to superimpose the first cast onto the second set? they are seperate shows, sure im all for the crossover esp if it leads to the 3rd series coming, just dont ruin what is currently working!
                            The Advertisements MGM never wants you to see!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                              Uh no.
                              same here Atlantis is supposed to be it's own show, it's own cast. granted As spin off it's natural to have Cross overs but we don't need the whole SG-1 cast moving it
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I love Claudia.

I do. I love her to death.

And I love Vala too.

But no. Not without Daniel. And even then. . . . . no.

Comment

Working...
                                X