Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always had complete faith in Amanda Tapping to be a respectable person and exellent actress. I have no doubt that she will do a great job.

BUT...

She's had 10 years, and she'll get at least 2 movies, to present Carter as the loveable genius that she is.

We've only had 3 with the surviving lineup of Atlantis. No matter how little of a deal TPTB try to make it out to be, there are some creative gears switching, and it has already had an impact on the show. It may not make much of a difference, but we'll see.

I can't help but sense that Atlantis will be treated differently now that it has to sustain the franchise. I'm fairly sure they believe that Atlantis' success will have an effect on the success of the movies. Whenever I see business decisions being made in a show, I can't help but feel some trepidation.
    I don't think that
    Spoiler:
    killing off Paul, reducing Torri's role, bringing Jewel onboard, and crossing carter over
    are decisions made in the interest of the storyline. They seem like business decisions to me.

Don't get me wrong: Things might work out to be great. However, it just won't be the same show. I'm very pleased with what I'm watching now (minus the sunday developments), and I hate to see it go down into the waste paper basket to service business decisions.

Comment

Shes soo Hawt :-D

Comment

Originally posted by the old briar pipe View Post

So thank you, theonebluegecko, for grabbing that reply off Mallozzi's blog, but doesn't particularly reassure me. Are we likely to ever see Katie again? Seems to me like she doesn't stand a chance as a personality or a recurring character against the force that is Carter acting upon McKay. But nice of Mallozzi to brush that aside as a ship question.
        Think again:

From Joe's Blog:

Anonymous #4 writes: “So when you say "the last time I checked McKay was already in a happy relationship" does that mean that we'll be seeing Katie Brown again in the future?”

The Magic 8 Ball says: “Signs points to yes.”.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          Think again:

From Joe's Blog:

Anonymous #4 writes: “So when you say "the last time I checked McKay was already in a happy relationship" does that mean that we'll be seeing Katie Brown again in the future?”

The Magic 8 Ball says: “Signs points to yes.”.
          What, once more? We've had one comment and one ep per season. Play it again, Sam!

Personally, I adore Katie to itty bitty pieces, but I don't get my hopes up. I think we'll see her once more in S4 to continue to establish Rodney's new-and-improved but still woobie-factor-10 personality, and maybe the ferns will get a mention, and then it will be back to Carter in 14 eps.

I mean, unless they suddenly develop a burning need for a botanist in this new arc they keep promising us.

Comment

Talking about botanists, I want Parrish back!
            Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
            Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
            -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

Originally posted by Night Spring View Post
              Talking about botanists, I want Parrish back!
              *seconds!*

I want more than 30 seconds of my OTP on screen, thank you.

Comment

You seemed to say that we'll never see Katie again, and I provided evidence that proves you wrong.

That was the extent of our transaction. I never said anything about how often she'll be back.

Comment

Originally posted by Lida View Post
                  Personally, I would follow a Lt. Col. like Carter into battle, as she appears to have real emotions for her commrades, and the Col. killed was a friend of hers. I believe Shep and Jack would show emotion too, perhaps not in the way of tears, but perhaps something darker. Our men and women in battle are human beings, and I would hope they retain their humanity, even in a time of war, as Lt. Col. Carter did. As an aside, it did nothing to affect her performance as an officer.
                  Couldn't green ya, Lida, but I agree.

Whatever TPTB do with Carter in Atlantis, I know AT will give the best performance possible. And I'm cautiously optimistic that we may get some interesting character interactions out of this.

Comment

Once again, we don't know how many episodes Torri is going to be in. The number could be anywhere between 1 and 14 (I'm told that if an actor appears in more than 14 episodes of a season, they have to be credited as a main cast member). Also, the total number of episodes in a season of Atlantis has always been 20, and there has been no indication that this will change.
                    If you want to get specific about it, then I'll reiterate my point. No matter how many eps TH or AT are in I will watch. I left the number out this time.
                    sigpic

Rotating SIGs by Pegasus_SGA
                    &
                    AVI by *ERIKA*

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                      You seemed to say that we'll never see Katie again, and I provided evidence that proves you wrong.

That was the extent of our transaction. I never said anything about how often she'll be back.
                      Yes, you're right. I'm just snarking at tptb, a common sport around here.

Comment

I skipped S9, but have watched the first half of S10. There was one episode where Sam cried after a traumatic event, I believe it was in front of other people whom she was in command of at that point. Yes, she is human, and she is entitled to feel grief -- but as a military officer, she's not entitled to have a breakdown in the middle of a crisis situation. Have we ever seen Jack O'Neill cry in the middle of a military crisis? Or John Sheppard? Would they retain the respect of their men if they did? Would they retain *your* respect if they did?
                        No, but we've seen Jack beat the crap out of someone in Red Sky. But I guess going off the deep in while in command is a lot better than showing any sort of weakness such as crying. He probably got a big slap on the back by all the men in his command for proving that he's a real Alpha male -- unlike Carter.

/end sarcasm

Comment

Originally posted by sherryw View Post
                          If you want to get specific about it, then I'll reiterate my point. No matter how many eps TH or AT are in I will watch. I left the number out this time.
                          My thoughts exactly.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                            No, but we've seen Jack beat the crap out of someone in Red Sky. But I guess going off the deep in while in command is a lot better than showing any sort of weakness such as crying. He probably got a big slap on the back by all the men in his command for proving that he's a real Alpha male -- unlike Carter
                            Thanks for reminding me that Jack isn't always perfect either. I certainly hope he didn't get a "big slap on the back" from his men for that one. So maybe I caught Sam on a bad day. But the crying was one of many things, some big, some small, that led me to lose my confidence in Sam's leadership. Obviously, this is all subjective, and many people see the same things and still see Sam as a competent leader. Perhaps some of the same things that make me think of Sam as a less than ideal military leader is the very same things others see as proof of her leadership skills. I was just trying to point out that when I tuned in in S10 after having skipped S9, I didn't notice any remarkable change in Sam, leadershipwise. She still had the same traits that I found less than ideal in S1-S8.
                            Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
                            Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
                            -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

Working...
                            X