This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by i found forever View Post
    CRAZY! How dare you think something like that? We should wait and see till she's killed off THEN fight for her. You silly!
    I agree.

I read that post by AT and thought it was extremely considerating of her. At least SOMEONE has some respect for the fans.
    Yep AT did great here.

Comment

Wonderful statement from Amanda. I feel for her since she is going through a difficult time and on top of it the Atlantis fandom is in an uproar. The fact that she realizes this and posted what she did shows how classy she is.

Personally, I don't want Sam (or anyone from SG1 for that matter) in the majority of SGA's episodes next season. But it's not enough to make me stop watching.

(And I still want Torri reinstated as a regular )
      sigpic
      sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Although I am upset to see Wier downgraded, I am interested to see some Carter/Sheppard interaction (I don't mean ship). Actually what I really would've liked is (Spoiler for Mid-Season 3 Atlantis):

Spoiler:
        Is when Sheppard was back on Earth when they left Atlantis, I would have liked to see him teamed up with SG-1 for a "getting to know the Ori" mission.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave C View Post
          Four days per episode must mean she won't be a massive part of the show, also nice to see she doesn't want to interfere with the setup on atlantis and that she was a little nervous shows she still cares about the product after all these years
          At a con I went to, Joe Flanigan said that Torri only shoots for 2-3 days. And that's when she's in the entire episode. It'll most likely mean that AT will be mostly filming in the studio. So her character will probably be in Atlantis all the time, not going off-world.
          hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Moomin View Post
            At a con I went to, Joe Flanigan said that Torri only shoots for 2-3 days. And that's when she's in the entire episode. It'll most likely mean that AT will be mostly filming in the studio. So her character will probably be in Atlantis all the time, not going off-world.
            She might be on a ship too.

Comment

Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
              She might be on a ship too.
              Yep. And that would be filmed in the studio too, which would be quicker and easier to film than a location shoot. For me, shooting 4 days for each one doesn't really give a good indication of how much she'll be in an episode. A lot of scenes can be shot in a single day.
              hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                I saw parts of seasons 7 and 8. I didn't like Sam then and I hardly think she's changed by season ten. Reading the occasional plot synopsis of eps in seasons nine and ten only confirm that those changes (as I saw them) that I so disliked in her character were still there and were, if anything, becoming worse. Thus, I'm not going to like the Sam of season ten and am not going to want her on the show.
                i have to agree with shadowmaat here, to be honest it was sam who turned me off sg1 eventually when season 7 and 8 she became unrecognisable as the character she was in the earlier years, she became superSam! and hey it didnt matter if she made a mistake cos she'd get a pat on the head from o'neill and it would all be fine. gemini comes to mind. plus the seasons tended to focus too much around her.
                i watched pegasus project this season because it had some atlantis stars in it and i still found that i hated the character of sam, especially when it came to her attitude to mckay.
                so im really not looking forward to having her in atlantis, in any capacity.
                ive disliked her in all of her appearances in atlantis, because her nor any other sg1 character fits in with atlantis.

AT's statement was nice, but she isnt in charge, she may have no intention of stepping on anyones toes but that doesnt mean TPTB dont have other plans.

all imo of course.

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Moomin View Post
                  Does anybody else see a problem with this? Torri is a regular and gets 2-3 days, and AT isn't and gets 4 days? Just seems odd.

Originally posted by squire.spotz View Post
                  i think people are not so much against carter but against what they fear M&M will do to their show and favourite characters carter included. and considering M&M are responsible for SG! S9&10 as well as eppisodes such as irrisistable and irrisponsable the fear is justified. especially since demoted to reccuring in atlantis means one more story before they kill you.
                  Very few people are against AT (yes there are some who dislike the actress but well that's another topic altogether) but worry that the writers will basically screw the fans by favoring Carter. It's not like we don't have empircal evidence for those worries.

Comment

Wasn't 4 days a week also the amount of time RDA spent shooting during S7-S8?
                    Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
                    Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
                    -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

Originally posted by Night Spring View Post
                      Don't know the exact days he spent but toward the end they rearranged schedules, as I recall reading in some article, to accommodate his schedule, which at times meant shooting two episodes at the same time. That doesn't make for the best TV, alas.

Comment

I remember 3 days a week with the fourth week in a month off in S8.
                        No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                        (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

I love SGA and I'm actually going to take a wait and see attitude with AT. I've liked her from the beginning and I thought that she played well with the Atlantis characters.

I also like the fact that she doesn't want to step on any toes and it going to try and tread lightly.

Having Torri's role cut down to 14 episodes that does stink, but as other people have stated maybe there is something else going on. It's hard to say when you don't know the whole story...14 eps or 28 I will enjoy TH and AT just as much.
                          sigpic

Rotating SIGs by Pegasus_SGA
                          &
                          AVI by *ERIKA*

Comment

Originally posted by sherryw View Post
                            Having Torri's role cut down to 14 episodes that does stink, but as other people have stated maybe there is something else going on. It's hard to say when you don't know the whole story...14 eps or 28 I will enjoy TH and AT just as much.
                            Once again, we don't know how many episodes Torri is going to be in. The number could be anywhere between 1 and 14 (I'm told that if an actor appears in more than 14 episodes of a season, they have to be credited as a main cast member). Also, the total number of episodes in a season of Atlantis has always been 20, and there has been no indication that this will change.
                            Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
                            Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
                            -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

Originally posted by Rootortoise View Post
                              i have to agree with shadowmaat here, to be honest it was sam who turned me off sg1 eventually when season 7 and 8 she became unrecognisable as the character she was in the earlier years, she became superSam! and hey it didnt matter if she made a mistake cos she'd get a pat on the head from o'neill and it would all be fine. gemini comes to mind. plus the seasons tended to focus too much around her.
                              i watched pegasus project this season because it had some atlantis stars in it and i still found that i hated the character of sam, especially when it came to her attitude to mckay.
                              so im really not looking forward to having her in atlantis, in any capacity.
                              ive disliked her in all of her appearances in atlantis, because her nor any other sg1 character fits in with atlantis.

AT's statement was nice, but she isnt in charge, she may have no intention of stepping on anyones toes but that doesnt mean TPTB dont have other plans.

all imo of course.
                              Great post. I agree AT will have no say in the way her character is written for Atlantis.
                              sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Once again, we don't know how many episodes Torri is going to be in. The number could be anywhere between 1 and 14 (I'm told that if an actor appears in more than 14 episodes of a season, they have to be credited as a main cast member). Also, the total number of episodes in a season of Atlantis has always been 20, and there has been no indication that this will change.
                                So we know for sure that Torri will be in no more than 14 eps. That's fewer than Carson was in this season.

I will chime in that I found Rodney to be very strange in Pegasus Project. Yes, he and Amanda can pull off working together - I liked GUP - but when she's on her own turf, things change. I went into TPP expecting to like the SG1/SGA cast interaction, but I didn't. How odd. So now I'm a bit dubious, though of course as a person I find AT adorable, even more so after her comments.

So thank you, theonebluegecko, for grabbing that reply off Mallozzi's blog, but
                                Carter’s entering the mix will certainly make for some fun interactions between the two, but the last time I checked McKay was already in a happy relationship.
                                doesn't particularly reassure me. Are we likely to ever see Katie again? Seems to me like she doesn't stand a chance as a personality or a recurring character against the force that is Carter acting upon McKay. But nice of Mallozzi to brush that aside as a ship question.

So yay there will be more team eps, yay AT is a sensitive, respectful human being, but pardon if I'm not completely sold that tptb really have a good plan behind all these changes. But yes, I'm still going to watch. Who knows? It could turn out for the best. *tucks on rose-colored glasses*

(And yes, I'm in total denial about Sunday. Why do you ask?)

Comment

Working...
                                X