This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squire.spotz View Post
    i think people are not so much against carter but against what they fear M&M will do to their show and favourite characters carter included. and considering M&M are responsible for SG! S9&10 as well as eppisodes such as irrisistable and irrisponsable the fear is justified. especially since demoted to reccuring in atlantis means one more story before they kill you.
    Rob Cooper came up with the majority of the Ori storyline; not only that, but the writing process is very much a team process; scripts written by M&M would've been reviewed by the other writers, and vice versa.

Irresistable was a story by Brad Wright and Rob Cooper, and the script was written by Carl Binder; M&M would've been as involved as any other writer who weren't the 3 I mentioned.

Please actually check your facts before criticising someone/thing.

Comment

Well as I really enjoyed season 9 of SG-1 and so far I'm really enjoying season 10 I don't have any problems with the changes that are happening to Atlantis and I must admit I've been surprised at the level of criticism and dislike for seasons 9 & 10 and the Ori since I joined this forum, I think the Ori are one of the best bad guys the Stargate universe has created a specially has I feel season 8 was poor and felt very tired and claustrophobic but I getting off topic so I'm sorry.

Comment

M&M are responsible for bringing us Irresponsible and Tower, two all-time fan favorites. Maybe they won't have time to write next season once they're in charge. Darn.

It's nice to see that AT is aware of the touchiness of the situation and empathizes with those that have concerns. I enjoy seeing what she brings to the screen, it's what TPTB might do with her that worries me. Still, I'm trying to remain positive about this at least.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
          If it was the Sam of season six or earlier I'd be a lot more comfortable, but the Sam of season ten combined with M&M being in charge AND all the other cast changes and the worrisome comment of a "soft reset" adds up to a very uneasy feeling.
          I think you'll feel differently when you see the 2nd half of season 10 Matt. In all three episodes so far Carter has played a pivotal part and had some great scenes and interaction with other characters.

I'm hoping this will continue for he rest of the season, and I'm hoping she plays an important part and has good character interaction with the Atlantis cast next year.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
            For me, regardless of how much I loved Sam in SG1 (she was my favourite character), I'll continue to write letters and fight for Weir to be reinstalled as a main character. And that's my right, and the right of all the other shrill and ill-informed lemmings who love this character.
            Why can't they just work side by side?

I'm sure if it is written properly they could both be in Atlantis, and have great character interaction too.

I mean, can we not atleast wait to see what happens with the characters before making judgement? It could work out badly, I'm admiting that. I have some worries myself. But can we not atleast see what happens? Why do know how much Weir is going to feature, but she is still going to be there(isn't she?) and Amanda only works something like 4 days on an episode, so she can't feature so heavily as to take all of Torri's screen time away.

Comment

Why can't we wait? The lead actress on Atlantis has been made recurring. We've seen what recurring means to these people. It means Ford post season 1 and Jonas after the return of Daniel. Not all Atlantis fans are fans of SG1. We feel the cast deserves to be given the chance to reach its full potential, and that includes Weir as a main character, not recurring so that she can be shoved aside for a bunch of other recurring characters.

I admire Amanda, and I'm sure she'll handle it well, but Torri deserves to be a fulltime part of this series. She's been there since day one. They recast the role to get her. We're protesting because from what we know, they haven't killed her character off yet. They're still writing the season 4 scripts, but I wouldn't put it past them to do that, and we need to fight for the character while we still can.
              But we don't know how much she will be in the show. Beckett was recurring in season 1, and he was an imortant part of it. TBH Weir is practically rcurring already, no offense to any of her fans. I love the character, I love all the characters of Atlantis and SG-1. But the only episode she has had that really revolves around her this season was the Real world. I'm just saying that although it could be a big drop in screen time for her (I myself wouldn't be happy if this was the case) there is also the chance that she could be in 14 or so episodes. She is in pretty much all of them now, but in alot of them she has absolutely nothing to do but worry. If they cut some of her scenes where she isn't needed then the screen time could be used for other things.

Now I don't know if this is what is going to happen, I personally am going to wait and see

Comment

Well, call me crazy, but I'd rather do something now before they pull a Rainbow Sun Francks on her and screw her over completely.
                Just to ask a really dumb question, but is there any word on whether TH has been at all involved with this? I'm not saying they can't have cut her, it's certainly possible based on past actions, but perhaps it 's not as sinister as many are imagining. Perhaps she asked for a reduced role, ala RDA in season 7/8, and Michael Shanks in season 6.

And I agree with all the rest of you. Lovely statement by AT, as always. Nice to see that she is, as always, sensitive to the fans. She's just a class-act all round.

Comment

Well there is no harm in voicing to them what you think, wether it turns out to be good or bad. I don't want to see Torri end up like RSF either, people just go about it different ways. I'd prefer to wait and see, but you don't want to wait and want reassurance of what will happen with Torri.

Everyone likes her there from what I've heard, cast and crew. I personally don't think they will get rid of her. Hopefully this all means a bit less screentime.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                    I think you'll feel differently when you see the 2nd half of season 10 Matt.
                    It's Maat. And I stopped watching SG-1 around season 7-8 when I decided it was so heavily mired in crap that it was never going to dig its way out again.

I did watch TRNT because Lorne was in it and I did enjoy the ep, but I have no intention of watching the rest of the show. As far as I'm concerned, having a good ep here or there still doesn't change the fact that the product as a whole is bad. You can still find a good apple amid the rotten, worm-eaten bunch.

Anyway, it's only my opinion but I'm sure that won't stop people from pointing out why I'm "wrong" and/or telling me I have no right to pass judgment. *yawn* Whatever.

Comment

It's Maat. And I stopped watching SG-1 around season 7-8 when I decided it was so heavily mired in crap that it was never going to dig its way out again.

I did watch TRNT because Lorne was in it and I did enjoy the ep, but I have no intention of watching the rest of the show. As far as I'm concerned, having a good ep here or there still doesn't change the fact that the product as a whole is bad. You can still find a good apple amid the rotten, worm-eaten bunch.

Anyway, it's only my opinion but I'm sure that won't stop people from pointing out why I'm "wrong" and/or telling me I have no right to pass judgment. *yawn* Whatever.
                      I am so sorry if I caused you any offense. What was I thinking saying you would like the second half, when you haven't watched the first! Even though you implied that you had by saying:

If it was the Sam of season six or earlier I'd be a lot more comfortable, but the Sam of season ten
                      which kind of gives impression that you have actually seen her in s10, how STUPID of me. i know, maybe if you haven't actually seen Sam in most of s10 then don't comment on what the character is like.

I'm not gonna tell you that youre wrong. It's your opinion. TBH I really couldn't care less if you don't like the show anymore.

God I can't even post a little something that was supposed to be positive without getting the whole Shadowmaat sarcasm-fest thing

Comment

I saw parts of seasons 7 and 8. I didn't like Sam then and I hardly think she's changed by season ten. Reading the occasional plot synopsis of eps in seasons nine and ten only confirm that those changes (as I saw them) that I so disliked in her character were still there and were, if anything, becoming worse. Thus, I'm not going to like the Sam of season ten and am not going to want her on the show.

Comment

I saw parts of seasons 7 and 8. I didn't like Sam then and I hardly think she's changed by season ten. Reading the occasional plot synopsis of eps in seasons nine and ten only confirm that those changes (as I saw them) that I so disliked in her character were still there and were, if anything, becoming worse. Thus, I'm not going to like the Sam of season ten and am not going to want her on the show.
                          I'm not trying to undervalue your opinion Maat, but it would be alot more respectable if you had actually seen the season you are putting down. To me atleast. Alot of people who disliked s9 like s10, but atleast they stayed and tried it. I just find it hard to believe you call it crap fest etc and complain about seasons 9 and 10, when you haven't seen past s8. You can't tell much from synopsis. I have read some and been very under whelmed to say the least, and then the episode has turned out great, totally different to what I expected.

And for the people who complained about Sam being under-utilized recently, I think the second half of s10 will change their minds. From what I have sseen anyway.

Comment

I skipped S9, but have watched the first half of S10. There was one episode where Sam cried after a traumatic event, I believe it was in front of other people whom she was in command of at that point. Yes, she is human, and she is entitled to feel grief -- but as a military officer, she's not entitled to have a breakdown in the middle of a crisis situation. Have we ever seen Jack O'Neill cry in the middle of a military crisis? Or John Sheppard? Would they retain the respect of their men if they did? Would they retain *your* respect if they did?
                            Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
                            Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
                            -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

Originally posted by Night Spring View Post
                              I skipped S9, but have watched the first half of S10. There was one episode where Sam cried after a traumatic event, I believe it was in front of other people whom she was in command of at that point. Yes, she is human, and she is entitled to feel grief -- but as a military officer, she's not entitled to have a breakdown in the middle of a crisis situation. Have we ever seen Jack O'Neill cry in the middle of a military crisis? Or John Sheppard? Would they retain the respect of their men if they did? Would they retain *your* respect if they did?
                              Personally, I would follow a Lt. Col. like Carter into battle, as she appears to have real emotions for her commrades, and the Col. killed was a friend of hers. I believe Shep and Jack would show emotion too, perhaps not in the way of tears, but perhaps something darker. Our men and women in battle are human beings, and I would hope they retain their humanity, even in a time of war, as Lt. Col. Carter did. As an aside, it did nothing to affect her performance as an officer.
                              On fighting:
                              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Well, call me crazy, but I'd rather do something now before they pull a Rainbow Sun Francks on her and screw her over completely.
                                CRAZY! How dare you think something like that? We should wait and see till she's killed off THEN fight for her. You silly!

I read that post by AT and thought it was extremely considerating of her. At least SOMEONE has some respect for the fans.
                                livejournal * fanfiction

i do not support the cast changes. No x-over. Yes Elizabeth & Carson.

Comment

Working...
                                X