Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussing the upcoming changes (S3 and S4 Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The series finale isn't really about time travel, we know alot more than that...

Spoiler:
    The members of SG-1 must live out the rest of their lives together when they are trapped on a ship that is stuck in a time dilation field.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
      You CANNOT assume that Weir is being reduced to recurring because of Carter.
      I didn't. I said it was likely. That's an opinion, not an assumption.

Comment

Thanks for the answers there. On a side note....

I saw the explanation concerning time travel for part 2. It would appear that part of the plot revolves around and alternate timeline. Again. Why do we have to do time travel again?
        It's almost like the writers are relying on it to have a decent plot. So much of it can ruin a show. GRRRRR. I don't take change well.

As for Atlantis, yes, it would be nice to have more offworld exploration, but it would be nice to have some actual Atlantis air time since discovering the city was suppose to be such a big deal. As for Tapping/Weir, I asked if it was safe to assume, ignorance plays no part in that. I still stick behind the idea of getting rid of Ronan.
        Last edited by Dannygirl; 23 January 2007, 08:44 PM.
        I knew it! I knew it! Well, not in the sense of having the slightest idea, but I knew there was something I didn't know!
        - Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Comment

Originally posted by Dannygirl View Post
          I saw the time travel for part 2. Why do we have to do time travel again?
          It's almost like the writers are relying on it to have a decent plot. So much of it can ruin a show. GRRRRR. I don't take change well.
          STARGATE SG-1
          2-21 "1969"
          4-06 "Window of Opportunity"
          4-16 "2010"
          8-13 "It's Good to be King"
          8-19 "Moebius, Part 1"
          8-20 "Moebius, Part 2"
          10-20 "Unending"
          Stargate Continuum

"Unending" will be the 7th episode to deal with time travel in some capacity. Is 7 really that many out of 214 episodes? However, having the series finale feature time travel, and then they turn around and do time travel again in the second movie? That, I can see people complaining about. Personally, I love time travel, so I don't mind.

Comment

I wouldn't call time dilation and time travel the same thing. Time dilation doesn't involve the team traveling forward or back in time to accomplish a mission.
            I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Time travel epi's in themselves can be cool, until they become the new scifi fad. Star Trek ruined it for me. Too much time travel. Babylon 5 managed to have fabulous epi's with perhaps....3 epi's dealing with time travel and those were the same story arc from 2 different perspectives. I suppose my issue with this does have to do with season 8 finale dealing with time travel. Also, if there's one thing I never associated with Ba'al, it was time travel. There's just so many other plots they could've considered with Ba'al.

No, I don't consider time dilation to be the same either. That's just slowing or speeding up time...right?
              Last edited by Dannygirl; 23 January 2007, 09:03 PM.
              I knew it! I knew it! Well, not in the sense of having the slightest idea, but I knew there was something I didn't know!

Comment

You CANNOT assume that Weir is being reduced to recurring because of Carter.

There is absolutely NO evidence supporting it, and doing so would just show ignorance.
                We'll find out in time. No one has any answers right now that I'm aware of.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
                  I wouldn't call time dilation and time travel the same thing. Time dilation doesn't involve the team traveling forward or back in time to accomplish a mission.
                  Time travel, alternate futures, discovery of a time machine, time dialation... I lump that all together, because they all deal with screwing around with time.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                    I didn't. I said it was likely. That's an opinion, not an assumption.
                    I was talking to the original poster.

So yeah, NOT SAFE to assume that.

Comment

I was asking, not stating. I certainly can't know or even completely assume since it wasn't disclosed. However, releasing 2 bits of info like that so close together is dangerous and would lead people to think of such. For me, it is nothing short of but no further than suspicious. IMO.
                      Last edited by Dannygirl; 23 January 2007, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                        STARGATE SG-1
                        2-21 "1969"
                        4-06 "Window of Opportunity"
                        4-16 "2010"
                        8-13 "It's Good to be King"
                        8-19 "Moebius, Part 1"
                        8-20 "Moebius, Part 2"
                        10-20 "Unending"
                        Stargate Continuum

"Unending" will be the 7th episode to deal with time travel in some capacity. Is 7 really that many out of 214 episodes? However, having the series finale feature time travel, and then they turn around and do time travel again in the second movie? That, I can see people complaining about. Personally, I love time travel, so I don't mind.
                        Neither do I. I love time travel as well so it's looking sweet to me.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

You asked whether you can assume that. I said you can't.

I don't see the problem here.

Comment

I don’t know. I would’ve thought she could assume that if she wanted to. *I need a shrug smilie* Just as someone could choose to assume that there is no relationship between Higginson being recurring and Tapping coming on-board if they wanted to (and I’m not saying here that I think anyone necessarily thinks that, but I think both seem reasonable assumptions). They’re both just assumptions. As far as I aware there is no evidence to indicate that either is true or false. *needs a shrug smilie still* Same with the other assumptions I’ve seen (e.g., I assume Weir will be leaving during Season 4 and I assume Weir wont be leaving during Season 4. Again both are just assumptions. Unless there’s some info out there that relates to this that I don’t know about … and seriously this one I really want to know about).

There is a correlation between Higginson becoming “reoccurring” and Tapping joining SGA, but at the moment it’s just that, a correlation, and correlation doesn’t necessarily indicate causation. There may be a link, there may be no link. I know I’m suspicious (and btw Carter is my favourite on SG1), but I’m suspicious, nothing more. Even if there is a link it could be that Carter is coming on board because Weir will be reoccurring just as it could be Weir will be reoccurring because Carter is coming on board. [Edit: Though I think it would more likely be the latter rather than the former]

As far as I’m aware, all we know at this point is that Amanda Tapping is coming on board for some of Season 4 and that according to Brad Wright, Torri Higginson will be “re-occuring” and will be around for “some time”. Whatever “re-occuring” and “some time” mean. I know from my perspective, and in the words of the original Star Wars trilogy, “I have a bad feeling about this.

So personally I think I’m on the side with those cute, funny, amusing, creative and self-deprecating critters. Yep, I think I side with the Furlings ... wait, don’t they have new name now?
                            Last edited by Reaceania; 24 January 2007, 03:52 AM. Reason: wanted to add the bit in brackets marked "Edit:"
                            sigpic

Comment

There is no problem, until the sentence "and doing so would just show ignorance" gets thrown into the fray. Then things get slightly defensive. Suspecting is half way to assuming, would that be partly ingnorant on a person's part....?

I know, I should be more Zen about these things, take them as they come. It is after all only a TV show. Weir's going down to part-time, ok. Tapping is gaining 14 epi's, ok. Ronan is still...there, ok. Don't jump. Sadly, I'm just not that highly evolved yet.

I don’t know. I would’ve thought she could assume that if she wanted to. *I need a shrug smilie* Just as someone could choose to assume that there is no relationship between Higginson being recurring and Tapping coming on-board if they wanted to (and I’m not saying here that I think anyone necessarily thinks that, but I think both seem reasonable assumptions). They’re both just assumptions. As far as I aware there is no evidence to indicate that either is true or false. *needs a shrug smilie still* Same with the other assumptions I’ve seen (e.g., I assume Weir will be leaving during Season 4 and I assume Weir wont be leaving during Season 4. Again both are just assumptions. Unless there’s some info out there that relates to this that I don’t know about … and seriously this one I really want to know about).

There is a correlation between Higginson becoming “reoccurring” and Tapping joining SGA, but at the moment it’s just that, a correlation, and correlation doesn’t necessarily indicate causation. There may be a link, there may be no link. I know I’m suspicious (and btw Carter is my favourite on SG1), but I’m suspicious, nothing more. Even if there is a link it could be that Carter is coming on board because Weir will be reoccurring just as it could be Weir will be reoccurring because Carter is coming on board. [Edit: Though I think it would more likely be the latter rather than the former]

As far as I’m aware, all we know at this point is that Amanda Tapping is coming on board for some of Season 4 and that according to Brad Wright, Torri Higginson will be “re-occuring” and will be around for “some time”. Whatever “re-occuring” and “some time” mean. I know from my perspective, and in the words of the original Star Wars trilogy, “I have a bad feeling about this.”

So personally I think I’m on the side with those cute, funny, amusing, creative and self-deprecating critters. Yep, I think I side with the Furlings ... wait, don’t they have new name now?

Beautifully written.

Last edited by Dannygirl; 24 January 2007, 07:00 AM.

Comment

I just want to chime in to say -- yes, all we have are some dots. But remember those connect-a-dot pictures? If there are enough dots, it's possible to see the picture. And sure, there may be some dots that haven't been shown to us that change the picture completely. But *with the dots we have now*, it's rather difficult not to assume that Weir/Torri becoming recurring is related in some way to Carter/AT appearing in 14 S4 episodes.
                                Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
                                Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
                                -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

Working...
                                X