Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
    That explains everything. Actually only why characters get fished
    LOL
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

All that talk about fish, reminded me of something which if it hasn't already been added, fits perfectly in the Stinky Sock mix....

So Long And Thanks For All The Fish from The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Dolphins!

We need Dolphins on Atlantis or sharks with friggin' lasers on their heads.
        Signed,

Gregorius
        Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
        Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
          Dolphins!

We need Dolphins on Atlantis or sharks with friggin' lasers on their heads.
          Or we need good stories and pacman in Atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
            The main problem is that in this particular pond, the SciFi genre, most fish don't get the chance to grow and reach maturity since overzealous TV-Execs - who love their flawed ratings, despise SciFi, and love to count their money - kill these poor fish. And their only save haven, the SciFi Channel, has slowly become infested with these fish killer who have begon to replace the original fish with new, completely unrelated, species of fish, all in the name of ratings.
            I have to disagree that TV executives cancel programs in the scifi genre any faster than shows in other genres.

I guess it's time for a new pond where these fish can be nurtured and reach maturity and I think it's also time for these fish to show some teeth and demand multiple seasons renewals instead of a per season renewals so they can finally gain a following once more and don't have to worry about getting killed while doing so.
            You can demand multiple season renewals, but part of making demands in a business negotiation is to have some leverage to hold over the networks that would make them cave to the demand. What's that leverage?

Also, it is the production company and not the network that deficit finances TV series. Most don't pay out until they are syndicated. Thus, the production company has more to lose if even after two years and $40 million dollars invested ($2 million per episode times 40 episodes) the series isn't profitable for them. So, even production companies would rather kill a series that's never going to make it than to lose millions on a failure.

If you don't like networks that are driven by ratings, you can turn to the pay channels like HBO and Showtime. But, neither one of them have any more interest in the science fiction genre (unless you count HBO's failed "John from Cincinnati" as scifi) than the networks that rely on ratings for revenue. Showtime once had the genre, but ditched it. So, in reality, the ratings-driven ad-supported channels are friendlier to science fiction these days than networks that are subscription supported. Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
              I have to disagree that TV executives cancel programs in the scifi genre any faster than shows in other genres.

You can demand multiple season renewals, but part of making demands in a business negotiation is to have some leverage to hold over the networks that would make them cave to the demand. What's that leverage?

Also, it is the production company and not the network that deficit finances TV series. Most don't pay out until they are syndicated. Thus, the production company has more to lose if even after two years and $40 million dollars invested ($2 million per episode times 40 episodes) the series isn't profitable for them. So, even production companies would rather kill a series that's never going to make it than to lose millions on a failure.

If you don't like networks that are driven by ratings, you can turn to the pay channels like HBO and Showtime. But, neither one of them have any more interest in the science fiction genre (unless you count HBO's failed "John from Cincinnati" as scifi) than the networks that rely on ratings for revenue. Showtime once had the genre, but ditched it. So, in reality, the ratings-driven ad-supported channels are friendlier to science fiction these days than networks that are subscription supported. Go figure.
              It's interesting you bring that up. Didn't Farscape have a 2-season renewal deal? Talk about learning the hard way. Also I believe Ron Moore wanted a 2-Season renewal deal as well. SCI FI said no, and I think that it why BSG is ending at season 4, based on Moore's decision. As you know BSG likely costs a lot more than SGA to make and when they pull in similar ratings, that is not good for BSG. Maybe the network was afraid to take a chance. *sigh* I miss those SCI FI Fridays with SG-1,SGA, and BSG. SCI FI Friday was golden. Whoever thought to seperate them is probably the same person who brought Flash Gordon to SCI FI.
              Last edited by Briangate78; 21 December 2007, 09:57 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Or we need good stories and pacman in Atlantis
                A pacman arcade machine? Someone call Dr. Kelso and bring his to Atlantis. I wonder how Kelso would be around Keller ...

As for the good stories, we need them but I remain very skeptical as to if we will ever get them...
                Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Will Keller be fished now that Carson comes back to be a regular?

*Place your bets people!**

Comment

Is it official?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                      Updated.
                      Another addition and yes. I am a fan of Skillet. I think the name of the song doesn't need a comment
                      And how could we have forgotten this little song

No
                      Last edited by Pajus; 21 December 2007, 12:55 PM.

Comment

They finally did something right and installed the Asgard upgrades. Unfortunately, the episode seems predictable because it is obvious that the only way to destroy Asuras is to overload their ZPMs

Be All My Sins Remembered *Huge Spoilers*
                        Last edited by Integrabyte; 21 December 2007, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                          Another addition and yes. I am a fan of Skillet. I think the name of the song doesn't need a comment
                          Wow, great song. Haven't heard that before.

Comment

Added.

They finally did something right and installed the Asgard upgrades. Unfortunately, the episode seems predictable because it is obvious that the only way to destroy Asuras is to overload their ZPMs

Spoiler:
                            Heh, Skiffy MGM spoiled another episode beyond repair, eh? Good.

Spoiler:
                            So Asuras will go boom just like Orilla?
                            sigpic

Comment

I don't get these previews, they spoil a lot of the episode. *sighs* I wonder why they even release them, teasers work a lot better than this preview which basically is the ep in a minute orso (Does that say something about the quality of the writing? )
                              Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X