Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
    In memory of Atlantis Past

When the team was really a team and not Pseudo
    When Shep left no one behind.
    When Carson was curing
    When Kate was still shrinking
    When Liz lead with quiet strength
    When Rodney was not belittled

Before Spam Sam the Leach and Icky Doogie Keller

When Squea was the norm
    when stories were better written...

and when i still loved the show

That's why Seasons 1,2,3 of SGA are my most treasured posessions Oh, and there's always fanfic (as JoeM so loves to point out to the disgruntled).

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
      I have been trying to get this point across on the ratings threads to no avail. People seem to thing\k that the network can't change its mind and just because they've issued some PR fluff about loving the show that things can't change. Go back and read the stuff SciFi wrote when they renewed Farscape for two seasons and then read what they wrote when they canceled it when only one of those seasons ran.

What they say in their PR and what they say in their private conference rooms are two different things.
      Which is why SCI FI will only renew a season at a time now. SCI FI has renewed SGA for a 5th season based on it's current ratings, which I might add the last 2 eps saw the best number since the premiere. A lot of say on the renewal decision happens both with SCI FI and MGM. The show is very successful in multiple markets, like DVD sales in the U.S. and across the globe. MGM can negotiate a better price because of that to SCI FI. As per ratings, yes Live Raw ratings before all DVR is what is most important. However, SGA's C3 numbers tend to be higher than SGA's live raw ratings, based on the season premiere. Meaning, DVR numbers for SGA are being looked at by the network since it is adding to their commercial viewers, in what advertisers look at.

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6499781.html

“Finally we can monetize a very loyal audience that has been excluded until now,” says Sci Fi Executive VP/General Manager Dave Howe.
      Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
      The problem is, some folks don't want to admit SGA lost viewers due to the cast changes, bad writing, etc., so they keep bringing up the DVR argument to deny it, but, in reality, all they are accomplishing is making more SGA viewers think it's fine to 'DVR' Atlantis and watch it later, which will end up hurting the show even more. And this is an evil Anti talking... Go figure.

It doesn't have to be admitted when there is proof. Why are Ratings down for the the other parts? Well let's take the premiere for an example, The season 4 premiere had 100,000 more viewers than the Season 3 Premiere. The show is down, yes, but less than 200,000 viewers. Which is like a tenth of a rating point. However, you cannot compare ratings points to last year. If you read Pitry's post on this forum's ratings thread, SCI FI overall is down, so their ratings points are generally lower. A little evidence is that Season 3 had about 1.9 million viewers and had a rating of 1.54 and The season 4 premiere had just over 2.0 million viewers and had a 1.41 household rating. So, a 100,000 viewer difference and the rating points are different. Also here is a look at the first fours eps of Season 4 vs Season 3 with Live + 7..

Season 4

401: 1.41, 2,002 viewers
      402: 1.27, 1,689
      403: 1.25, 1,562
      404: 1.21, 1,635
      Avg: 1.29, 1,722

Season 3

301: 1.54, 1,897 viewers
      302: 1.65, 1,991
      303: 1.59, 1,943
      304: 1.43, 1,773
      Avg: 1.55, 1,901

SGA did lose viewers but not as much as people think. DVR is a major factor, but I posted the article above to why these numbers will also be important to the network since they do help to add to their "Live Raw" ratings. Which is what advertisers look at. I think that SGA lost a lot of casual viewers, especially ones from SG-1!

So, I'm just providing facts here, you can spin them how you want, it's all good. But to say that DVR is not an issue and an excuse just doesn't bold over too well since the numbers are right in front of us. Maybe the other loss was from disgusted fans, it could very well be, it is just hard to prove the rest.

I dunno folks, I look at a new season as an opportunity for things we don't like for the current season to change in a new season. Heck, I still have hope that Weir could return next season. You folks know the way I am, I respect your opinions, I truly do.
      Last edited by Briangate78; 23 November 2007, 07:32 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

I'm not going to start a debate here 'cause this is hardly the place, but just read carefully what Mr. Howe said, and you'll see the light. BTW, have you seen season 4's live ratings without the 'same-day DVR viewing' anywhere? Those numbers are supposed to be even lower than what Sci Fi Wire has been releasing.
        sigpic

Comment

In memory of Atlantis Past

When the team was really a team and not Pseudo
          When Shep left no one behind.
          When Carson was curing
          When Kate was still shrinking
          When Liz lead with quiet strength
          When Rodney was not belittled

Before Spam Sam the Leach and Icky Doogie Keller

When Squea was the norm
          when stories were better written...

and when i still loved the show

Here Here!

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
            From interview with Martin Gero...

Spoiler:

"We just want to keep telling stories that people are going to like."

That makes me feel so much better. /snark

Since when??? That hasn't happened since season 1 and 2!
            Last edited by kali1; 23 November 2007, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
              I'm not going to start a debate here 'cause this is hardly the place, but just read carefully what Mr. Howe said, and you'll see the light. BTW, have you seen season 4's live ratings without the 'same-day DVR viewing' anywhere? Those numbers are supposed to be even lower than what Sci Fi Wire has been releasing.
              I agree this is not a place for a debate, So just like you, I'll stop there.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sexy_penguin View Post
                This anti ain't coming back...

Does anyone remember the good old days when you were so desperate to see a show you organised your whole day - heck week!- around it? Now apparently, it's the same thing if you record it on DVR and watch it a few days later because you're off doing something more important (like watching that OTHER show you really love or picking the fluff outta ya bellybutton).
                I used to plan my Fridays around SGA to watch it live. We would watch SGA and then watch a movie we rented or we would just go out afterwards because I couldn't miss SGA for anything. Nowadays, it's not that way anymore.

Originally posted by dana View Post
                I was wondering, if there's Live+DVR+C3+SD+7 days then shouldn't it be Live+365 days to make it easier? Still, I really don't think they should take into account days after and such. Live it's what counts.
                I agree. Even the article about the ratings for Adrift said "advertisers and networks regard these delayed viewer numbers as less significant". Like Dana said, live is what counts.

Comment

so how is the anti gang tonight?
                  Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                  ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                  Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

ANTI more than ever!
                    Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                    at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Still anti all things SGA, but too knackered to post anything of nutritional value.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
                        Still anti all things SGA, but too knackered to post anything of nutritional value.
                        LMAO of so borging that
                        Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

Anti and waiting for my Claire Rankin-fix of the day. Was supposed to watch Echoes last night, but watched Relic Hunter instead. And now I'm going to watch Charmed.

And hopefully the episode of Ally McBeal in a couple of days. And then cap like crazy.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Anti and waiting for my Claire Rankin-fix of the day. Was supposed to watch Echoes last night, but watched Relic Hunter instead. And now I'm going to watch Charmed.

And hopefully the episode of Ally McBeal in a couple of days. And then cap like crazy.
                            ooo busy night...
                            well i am full of cake and think i might go to chapters and get some coffee

maybe rewatch supernatural tonight.. and maybe some good ol atlantis episodes

i might watch sateda or conversion... or 38 minutes
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Still Anti How are you?

Comment

Originally posted by kali1 View Post
                                Still Anti How are you?
                                still very anti... and very sick of my mothers tv shows lol

seniors watch bad tv!
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X