Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
    i despise bsg

but supernatural comes out on dvd soon!
    While we're OT, I'll join in. I hate BSG also. We just never could get past the soap opera elements, and my husband is afraid the same thing is going to happen to SGA.

We also recently started watching Supernatural and love it. We had hesitated because *blushes* we thought it was just another teen show. It reminds us of the wackier eps of X Files which were always our favorites. And I remember Jensen Ackles from years ago when he was on Days of Our Lives. And yes I know I just contradicted myself, but a soap should be a soap not masquerading as SciFi. *hrrrumps*

By the way, I was talking with a friend yesterday that I know to be a huge SciFi nerd geek fan about the new Flash Gordon and happened to work in SGA. All he knew about S4 is the bits he's seen from the promos. He was completely baffled by the changes and wonders WTF they are thinking. So add another casual yet dedicated viewer to the anti list. I mean this guy is literally a rocket scientist. He doesn't even know his TV will get anything other than SciFi, the Nasa channel and Discovery channel. LOL.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Oh I am so going to rewatch X Files this fall.

More antis. Great!!
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Oh, and I forgot the most important comment my rocket scientist friend made. Now, he has absolutely no info about any behind the scenes stuff. He didn't even know the actors' real names. But he said that judging from the promos it looks like they "got rid of one actress to bring in another one".

So, again, I think the perception of some viewers is going to be just that. Judging from the reaction of one person, of course. Which is neither accurate, nor fair. *hrrruuumppps*
        sigpic

Comment

I'm feeling very anti today.

*sits on couch*

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Oh, and I forgot the most important comment my rocket scientist friend made. Now, he has absolutely no info about any behind the scenes stuff. He didn't even know the actors' real names. But he said that judging from the promos it looks like they "got rid of one actress to bring in another one".

So, again, I think the perception of some viewers is going to be just that. Judging from the reaction of one person, of course. Which is neither accurate, nor fair. *hrrruuumppps*
            It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.
            sigpic

Comment

Anyone want to take a bet that when Carson returns he doesn't even ask where Elizabeth is? I bet he says, "Why Elizabeth, you grew, cut your hair and dyed it blonde!"

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                Anyone want to take a bet that when Carson returns he doesn't even ask where Elizabeth is? I bet he says, "Why Elizabeth, you grew, cut your hair and dyed it blonde!"

"Why Elizabeth, I didn't realize you were in the military, lass."
                sigpic
                Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                  "Why Elizabeth, I didn't realize you were in the military, lass."
                  Maybe he'll say, "Oh wait, I'm in the wrong show! Looks like SG-1 to me!"

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                    I'm falling in love with Battlestar Galactica as we speak.
                    I love BSG -- SGA should take a page from that show on how to handle death/leaving.
                    sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                      It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.
                      Evidently it does.

Maybe he'll get Carter mixed up with Teyla. And he'll just assume Liz has been called back to Earth for yet another reckoning with the IOA. Either way, we'll never hear about it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                        Maybe he'll get Carter mixed up with Teyla. And he'll just assume Liz has been called back to Earth for yet another reckoning with the IOA. Either way, we'll never hear about it.
                        You know, I just don't understand: if TPTB didn't want Weir back, why tell Torri, (paraphrasing here): 'you can either leave or come back and do some recurring work'.

Why leave that option open at all if they *truly* weren't happy with Weir and the direction the character was going? IMO, I think that they didn't expect all the uproar over this.

Comment

im still a'wonderin how there gonna bring Carson back without it turning into a sopa opera - with a shower and a dream sequance a la Dallas

add to that my complete distaste for Larin and the hole travellers thing, teylas pregnancy, carters just being there, no Weir and realy what is there to look forward to. my JOhn/Rodney banter will be turned down im sure. ive not seen any evidence of it in the trailers as ive seen in previous years.

realy this re-set thing seems to be more about turning Sga into sga-1 90210 complete with female eye candy at every turn.

wow and i thought star trek had some bad costume design that aint nothing on Larins outfit.

wow again, that was a pretty negative rant from me - having a bad day (carter turned up in my fanfic home - sucked beyond suckage) so i maybe slightly biased tonight (sheepish shrug) sorry lol

sigpic
                          banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Why leave that option open at all if they *truly* weren't happy with Weir and the direction the character was going? IMO, I think that they didn't expect all the uproar over this.
                            I think they thought...well, if we want the change,so should everyone else. I find the replacement of Weir interesting. There are a lot of people who loved Weir's character because she's not the military. It has been a major plot point time and time again. She's civilian (same with McKay) so they have a different way of thinking. Perhaps having a different ideaology outside of the military way of thinking proved to be too hard for the writers.
                            sigpic
                            Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

You know, I just don't understand: if TPTB didn't want Weir back, why tell Torri, (paraphrasing here): 'you can either leave or come back and do some recurring work'.

To my way of thinking, it's not so hard to figure out. They were trying to cover their backsides as usual. By giving Torri a choice they were able to say they never intended to get rid of her. But what kind of choice is leave now or leave later? That's essentially what they did. Isn't it? PG-15 where are you to give us the positive spin?

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                              I think they thought...well, if we want the change,so should everyone else. I find the replacement of Weir interesting. There are a lot of people who loved Weir's character because she's not the military. It has been a major plot point time and time again. She's civilian (same with McKay) so they have a different way of thinking. Perhaps having a different ideaology outside of the military way of thinking proved to be too hard for the writers.
                              I think so too. They have taken the criticism of Weir as an excuse to do what they wanted to do in the first place. They have chosen to listen to the miniscule group of fans here and elsewhere that have done nothing but harp on her negative side. If she had been perfect, the show would not be anywhere near the place it's in now plot/war/danger wise and would be as boring as all get out. They wrote the Weir character exactly like she is, can't figure out how to correct her faults and inconsistensies which I don't even think need to be corrected being as she's not perfect and all and just decided to toss her. I don't think it has anything to do with the military. Otherwise they wouldn't bring in Carter especially as a full bird to essentially take on the Sumner role and replace Sheppard as military commander. Now while this is going to provide some interesting interactions. It is also going to either change his character completely or make him look like an insubordinate goof up. Who do you think will end up suffering? And that's my rant for today.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post
                                wow again, that was a pretty negative rant from me - having a bad day (carter turned up in my fanfic home - sucked beyond suckage) so i maybe slightly biased tonight (sheepish shrug) sorry lol
                                I know how that feels. It's a serious wake-up call, one that I prefer not to have. It's a serious turn-off (if I may use this word).
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X