Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
    Because I find it interesting seeing peoples opinions from all over the forum, and doing this calmly and talking stuff through is the only way I can really talk to the people here. It helps understand and get a 'bigger picture' of why people like/dislike season 4, reasoning etc... it's just interesting, and frankly quite nice doing it here because I have found you can do it without having huge arguments

Does anyone really mind debating this stuff with me, in an intelligent way and not in a nasty way like what happens in the rest of the forum? If you guys do I'll leave.
    It doesn't bother me. Maybe we should open a S4 discussion thread though??

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
      Sure, as long as you don't mind if we take this to the pro thread instead.
      Fine, as long as you keep it civilised(but I doubt others would be so accepting)

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
        It doesn't bother me. Maybe we should open a S4 discussion thread though??
        Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
        SGFerrit, I have no problem with your debate here as long as you tread lightly. Many posters here want to post without having to defend themselves, and many attempts at debate on protected threads have ended with insults being tossed at the members within. As someone who's seen it all end poorly many times, I advise any debate here to be open, honest, and polite.

Or as Flynn said, maybe it's a better idea to take it to a new, unprotected thread.
        Oh yeah, I totally agree. I'm not here to start flame wars or anyhting.

I guess 1 big s4 discussion thread where Pro's and Anti's can debate calmly would be good, BUT I wouldn't trust everyone to be civill, I don't have that much faith in everyones ability not to argue (I have been doing my best not to recently, and I know how hard it can be). I just thought that if I came here and was a good lad then we could debate stuff calmly and chuck some opinions back and forth. When loads of pro's and anti's are chucked together though, it never ends up pretty

Comment

Oh yeah, I totally agree. I'm not here to start flame wars or anyhting.

I guess 1 big s4 discussion thread where Pro's and Anti's can debate calmly would be good, BUT I wouldn't trust everyone to be civill, I don't have that much faith in everyones ability not to argue (I have been doing my best not to recently, and I know how hard it can be). I just thought that if I came here and was a good lad then we could debate stuff calmly and chuck some opinions back and forth. When loads of pro's and anti's are chucked together though, it never ends up pretty
          Actually ive read through some of your points on other threads and have found your comments to be well thought out and i even agreed with some of them. i havent responded because i have found that outside this and a couple of other threads it turns to all out war.

i made a statement further back either in this or the anti-carter thread that i would not post outside these threads for that reason.

as long as your discussions do not turn into asking us to justify ourselves, as we have been asked before on this thread. then i have no problems with reading what you have to say and responding in kind.

err what was the question again?
          sigpic
          banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post
            Actually ive read through some of your points on other threads and have found your comments to be well thought out and i even agreed with some of them. i havent responded because i have found that outside this and a couple of other threads it turns to all out war.

i made a statement further back either in this or the anti-carter thread that i would not post outside these threads for that reason.

as long as your discussions do not turn into asking us to justify ourselves, as we have been asked before on this thread. then i have no problems with reading what you have to say and responding in kind.

err what was the question again?
            Thanks

I'm actually thinking about starting a 'reversal' thread, where pro's post what they think will be bad about s4, and Anti's post what they think will be good about s4. May help people understand each other better?

Comment

I'm actually thinking about starting a 'reversal' thread, where pro's post what they think will be bad about s4, and Anti's post what they think will be good about s4. May help people understand each other better?
              Well, that would be different.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Season 4:

Good - improved storylines (apparently)

Bad - what's the point without crucial characters?
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks

Interesting idea...If you do it, I hope it works out.
                  sigpic
                  Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                    Interesting idea...If you do it, I hope it works out.
                    I've made it:

Link

Hopefully it could help ease tentions... or something lol

Comment

Lol, how can you be anti s4 and pick that as one of the worst points for the show? One of the big points of season 4 is to balance that, and to give Ronon and Teyla better development and balance it out. And one of the biggest benefits of SG-1 getting cancelled, is that the writing on Atlantis should improve dramatically, with no excuse for 'Irresponsible' type episodes. I'll admit, I have no way of knowing if this will play out as we have been promised it will. S4 COULD turn out to be crap. It's just from what I have heard, it sounds like the show is generally improving, writing, development and special effects wise. I have a few gripes, but nothing that could stop me watching.

(Don't attack me lol, I'm not trying to start an argument, It's just fun to debate stuff calmly with people around here)
                      the whole point is we don't have to defend ourselves here... thus any debate on the proside would be off topic and i personally would prefer it didn't take place here

I've made it:

Link

i'm afraid i won't be joining in.. those kind of threads never turn out well
                      Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                      ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                      Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                        those kind of threads never turn out well
                        At the moment, it's still going peaceful. I think the whole pro/anti - Elizabeth/Sam war has climaxed, at least for now it has. I think the board has calmed down a bit. May change again once season 4 comes knocking on our doors, but that are worries for later.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Since ya'all have worked out an amicable solution to the Off Topic posts I'll just mosey back on to the Mod Break room

Great Job folks

Thanks
                          TameFarrar
                          GateWorld Moderator
                          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I've made it:

Link

Good luck (and no, I'm not being sarcastic).

Unfortunately, civil discussion and debate often spiral out of control and morph into insults and hurt feelings. While being able to be rational about things is definitely a positive, sometimes you want to just vent without having to explain why. That's the beauty of the anti thread. We are not all of one mind, but we empathize. I suppose the pro threads offer the same comfort zone.

Things have quieted down in the last couple of weeks. Maybe both sides have retired to their respective corners and are just waiting for the bell. LOL. We'll see what happens once season 4 actually gets under way.
                            Last edited by nowvoyager908; 16 August 2007, 05:36 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              At the moment, it's still going peaceful. I think the whole pro/anti - Elizabeth/Sam war has climaxed, at least for now it has. I think the board has calmed down a bit. May change again once season 4 comes knocking on our doors, but that are worries for later.
                              Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                              Good luck (and no, I'm not being sarcastic).

Unfortunately, civil discussion and debate often spiral out of control and morph into insults and hurt feelings. While being able to be rational about things is definitely a positive, sometimes you want to just vent without having to explain why. That's the beauty of the anti thread. We are not all of one mind, but we empathize. I suppose the pro threads offer the same comfort zone.

Things have quieted down in the last couple of weeks. Maybe both sides have retired to their respective corners and are just waiting for the bell. LOL. We'll see what happens once season 4 actually gets under way.

I don't know know i am still as annoyed as hell about the whole paul/torri thing, never mind my full on hate for the characters Keller and Sam and Ellis

but its why i stay here, i am so tired of getting my butt kicked for being emotional. I mean heaven forbid i actually care about the show and the characters.

as for what i think will be good about season 4...absolutely nothing...its going to be crap

i thought i was getting over it you know..then i was watching some of season 2 and the extra's with martin gero doing his gag thing...(which was totally not funny) ..and at one point when they are in the infirmary, you can see paul and torri in the back ground and she leans over and gives him a quick smooch....

man i nearly started crying... it was just so sweet and so cute! Damn i'm going to miss my show.
                              Last edited by parisindy; 16 August 2007, 11:36 PM.
                              Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                              ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                              Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                                I don't know know i am still as annoyed as hell about the whole paul/torri thing, never mind my full on hate for the characters Keller and Sam and Ellis

but its why i stay here, i am so tired of getting my butt kicked for being emotional. I mean heaven forbid i actually care about the show and the characters.

as for what i think will be good about season 4...absolutely nothing...its going to be crap

i thought i was getting over it you know..then i was watching some of the season 2 and the extra's with martin gero doing his gag thing...(which was totally not funny) ..and at one point when they are in the infirmary, you can see paul and torri in the back ground and she leans over and gives him a quick smooch....

man i nearly started crying... it was just so sweet and so cute! Damn i'm going to miss my show.
                                Wonderful post, sums up just how I feel about the whole thing too.
                                sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Working...
                                X