Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
    In case you guys haven't heard - From JM's blog tonight - Torri has turned down the 1 episode offer:

(snipped)

We had a story in place for one episode, the starting point of a potentially bigger arc. The script was written and we eventually contacted Torri who, after much consideration, turned down the offer to reprise the role of Elizabeth Weir for the episode. We are, of course, disappointed, but nevertheless respect Torri’s decision and wish her all the best in her future endeavors.

Well this sucks. But can't say I blame her. I'm sure they made some half assed offer that she had no choice but to turn down. Good luck to her; hope she's got lots of great things lined up.
    Last edited by nowvoyager908; 09 February 2008, 05:37 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

*head-desk, head-desk, head-desk* Are you alright? Hello, she is the stupid doctor, shouldn't she decide who is alright and who isn't.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins View Post
        *head-desk, head-desk, head-desk* Are you alright? Hello, she is the stupid doctor, shouldn't she decide who is alright and who isn't.
        Are you alright? Here, have a Motrin.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Trio fanfic summary: "Carter, Rodney, and Keller fall down a hole. Then they get out. Rodney/Keller, OMG no flaming from Ronon/Keller fans!!"

Gero wrote this ep? What the HELL? O_O

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
            Trio fanfic summary: "Carter, Rodney, and Keller fall down a hole. Then they get out. Rodney/Keller, OMG no flaming from Ronon/Keller fans!!"

Gero wrote this ep? What the HELL? O_O
            So true! Sounds like it came right off of fanfiction.net. But, you forgot the "PLEAZE R&R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

*mental green*

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
              Are you alright? Here, have a Motrin.
              Thank you.

*head-desk,head-desk,head-desk,head-desk,head-desk,head-desk,head-desk,head-desk,head-desk,head-desk,head-desk,head-desk,head-desk,head-desk,head-desk,head-desk,head-desk,head-desk,head-desk,head-desk,head-desk*

Not even the doctors I listen to are as stupid as that dialogue.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                We are getting TWO new characters? That's crazy.

As for Torri. They offered her ONE sure-thing episode. What did they expect? I would say (IMO) they wanted her to turn it down. That makes "them" look like the good guys for "trying".
                Haha! Way to go, Torri! I hope she was feeling real good when she turned them down. They so deserved it, for treating her like this. One episode? That's just laughable. I really wish her all the best for her future!

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                Torri wanted to come back if the storyline was good. Obviously it sucked. lol.
                Wll, Carl Binder is on a writer's strike.

I'm glad that this puts an end to SGA for me. Now I can turn my back for good, from this farce of a show.

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

I love Torri and had the pleasure to meet her personally, and for this I respect her even more. She deserves better.

As for Trio and people's reaction...not surprising.

Comment

I didn't want to think of Keller is a crybaby as you could her, but she is really so.

I don't know. The whole Quarantine-Harmony-Outcast-Trio was a shame. The writers wasted the screen times for stupid stand alone "adventures". I wanted to see stories about aliens, new cultures, gate physic, forgotten mysteries not a studio theatre episodes with 2-3 actor or actress.
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

We had a story in place for one episode, the starting point of a potentially bigger arc. The script was written and we eventually contacted Torri who, after much consideration, turned down the offer to reprise the role of Elizabeth Weir for the episode. We are, of course, disappointed, but nevertheless respect Torri’s decision and wish her all the best in her future endeavors.
                      How come I don't believe even for a second that they were planning a bigger arc? It sounds more like a 'string the Weir-fans along for another season so that they may keep watching' kind of arc to me. If they'd really wanted to explore this direction for the character, they should have given said "arc" more space in S4 - TMC doesn't really count, and those 10 seconds at the end of BAMSR...

Again, JM said that they'd been spinning ideas for the "arc": I believe a tentative storyline for the entire season had been jutted down even before they knew they were coming back. If they were really planning for this to be a relevant part of the season they would have known in advance. And surely, they would have contacted Torri a little earlier?

Looking between the lines, I can read: Well, we wanted to give you a fabulous Weir storyline, you should only blame evil!Torri that you're not getting it.

At the end of the day, his previous statements did prove to be "a little presumptious" (to quote the person who asked the question).

This sums up how I feel at the moment:
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDwx7KU56SU

Instead of Will and Jack on the couch, imagine the anti-fans on the anti-couch.

Comment

Originally posted by Vale_Sg1 View Post
                        How come I don't believe even for a second that they were planning a bigger arc? It sounds more like a 'string the Weir-fans along for another season so that they may keep watching' kind of arc to me. If they'd really wanted to explore this direction for the character, they should have given said "arc" more space in S4 - TMC doesn't really count, and those 10 seconds at the end of BAMSR...

Again, JM said that they'd been spinning ideas for the "arc": I believe a tentative storyline for the entire season had been jutted down even before they knew they were coming back. If they were really planning for this to be a relevant part of the season they would have known in advance. And surely, they would have contacted Torri a little earlier?

Looking between the lines, I can read: Well, we wanted to give you a fabulous Weir storyline, you should only blame evil!Torri that you're not getting it.

At the end of the day, his previous statements did prove to be "a little presumptious" (to quote the person who asked the question).

This sums up how I feel at the moment:
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDwx7KU56SU

Instead of Will and Jack on the couch, imagine the anti-fans on the anti-couch.
                        Heee! I feel like dancing...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxdauqh3epw

BTW, can someone please unstretch this page? Thx!

Comment

In case you guys haven't heard - From JM's blog tonight - Torri has turned down the 1 episode offer:

(snipped)

Good for her at least she can leave the show with her pride and reputation intact.

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins View Post
                            Thank you.

*head-desk,head-desk,head-desk,head-desk,head-desk,head-desk,head-desk,head-desk,head-desk,head-desk,head-desk,head-desk,head-desk,head-desk,head-desk,head-desk,head-desk,head-desk,head-desk,head-desk,head-desk*

Not even the doctors I listen to are as stupid as that dialogue.
                            *snuggles Kliggs*

There there dear..

FFFFFFFIIIISSSSHHHHHH!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                              Good for her at least she can leave the show with her pride and reputation intact.
                              Torri does not disappoint . Good for you Torri, move on you don't need things like this in your life .

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                                Torri does not disappoint . Good for you Torri, move on you don't need things like this in your life .
                                I still can't green you so have another unoffical one

Comment

Working...
                                X