Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
    Five have been showing Atlantis series 1 this week they showed the Eye today, I heard a lot of 'I don't believe he just did that' and 'If I was his CO I'd....' coming from my OH
    I should rewatch the episode... Will make me more anti

Comment

hehe darnit and all i got was a O.C. marathon on much music hehehee
      Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
      ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
      Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
        I should do a B5 marathon, that way I see how proper arcs are written again...
        I only saw two episodes. The only show more boring than that is DS9 .

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
          I should rewatch the episode... Will make me more anti
          I did get a bit of a technical lecture, when Sheppard rolled into the Gateroom and opened fire, hitting Kolya and missing Elizabeth, on how it wasn't technically possible, because he just sprayed bullets and no matter how good you are you're not that good and you can't fire straight after rolling into position because you need a few seconds to recover from the disorientation

Comment

I did get a bit of a technical lecture, when Sheppard rolled into the Gateroom and opened fire, hitting Kolya and missing Elizabeth, on how it wasn't technically possible, because he just sprayed bullets and no matter how good you are you're not that good and you can't fire straight after rolling into position because you need a few seconds to recover from the disorientation
            If that is awkward, see BSG. The Kat chick fires 5 shots or more perfect centre of a bullseye, after being spun and twisted in some pilot thingie .

Comment

He was right. It was actually more probable for him to hit Elizabeth and some windows than anything else

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                I only saw two episodes. The only show more boring than that is DS9 .
                *sighs* You can't judge B5 after two episodes, you need to have at least seen 1 ~ 3 seasons before you can do that since it's arcs are spread out over the seasons.

But Sheppard has The Hair (r)(c)(tm), and it prevent him from getting to experience things normal human beings experience thus making it completely plausible.

Anyway, there are more of such examples in Stargate, especially Atlantis, where the hero can do anything despite what reality says.
                Signed,

Gregorius
                Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

But Sheppard has The Hair (r)(c)(tm), and it prevent him from getting to experience things normal human beings experience thus making it completely plausible.
                  Read this

Anyway, there are more of such examples in Stargate, especially Atlantis, where the hero can do anything despite what reality says.
                  If you have a good stomach, read my newest fanfiction

Comment

If we're talking about fan-fiction containing references to a bad hair day for Sheppard, read this.
                    Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Oh boy... I have to do some justice to poor ole Shep.

Set during Conversion. I like writing darker aspects of his character, I wish he was written more like that.

Spoiler:
                      His fist slammed into the grey surface and, for a moment, the pain in his bones was so strong, he was certain something had to be broken. There wasn't even the tiniest scratch on the wall, though the pain in his hand told him there should be damage, and he frowned. There should be a damage, he could feel it cracking his chest apart, and he wanted and needed to see it. People were telling him it woukd be better, it could be made better and he couldn't believe their words. He needed to see something falling apart.

The beast inside his chest growled a sound he could barely recognize. This wasn't his anger, this couldn't be him, he shouldn't be like this. It was siezing control over him.

He looked at the back of his hand. The grey skin that wasn't his was torn, damaged and bleeding. The blood was still bright red. He should be in control, he should try to calm down, he should hold onto hope, but he couldn't. He was loosing the fight. He was damaged, maybe beyond repair. The blood was his and, yet, it wasn't.

The pain pulsing inside his almost-broken hand was the most human thing about him now.

He punched the wall again and the beast screamed at him.
                      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                        Oh boy... I have to do some justice to poor ole Shep.

Set during Conversion. I like writing darker aspects of his character, I wish he was written more like that.

Spoiler:
                        His fist slammed into the grey surface and, for a moment, the pain in his bones was so strong, he was certain something had to be broken. There wasn't even the tiniest scratch on the wall, though the pain in his hand told him there should be damage, and he frowned. There should be a damage, he could feel it cracking his chest apart, and he wanted and needed to see it. People were telling him it woukd be better, it could be made better and he couldn't believe their words. He needed to see something falling apart.

The beast inside his chest growled a sound he could barely recognize. This wasn't his anger, this couldn't be him, he shouldn't be like this. It was siezing control over him.

He looked at the back of his hand. The grey skin that wasn't his was torn, damaged and bleeding. The blood was still bright red. He should be in control, he should try to calm down, he should hold onto hope, but he couldn't. He was loosing the fight. He was damaged, maybe beyond repair. The blood was his and, yet, it wasn't.

The pain pulsing inside his almost-broken hand was the most human thing about him now.

He punched the wall again and the beast screamed at him.
                        Send a letter to TPTBs

Comment

Send a letter to TPTBs
                          I don't feel like wasting my talent.
                          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                            If that is awkward, see BSG. The Kat chick fires 5 shots or more perfect centre of a bullseye, after being spun and twisted in some pilot thingie .
                            And she didn't throw up, more power to her

He was right. It was actually more probable for him to hit Elizabeth and some windows than anything else
                            You and my OH should talk, you could put the whole of the technical (fire arms dept) aspects of Atlantis to right over several beers

*sighs* You can't judge B5 after two episodes, you need to have at least seen 1 ~ 3 seasons before you can do that since it's arcs are spread out over the seasons.
                            this is true you have to start from the Pilot otherwise it makes no sense, there are things that get answered in series four that happened in series one

Oh so it's the Hair's fault he's a complete

I guess that's what you get when you don't have 'Technical Advisers'

Read this
                            She's brilliant, I've got that story on my alert list
                            Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                            I don't feel like wasting my talent.
                            Never wasted my writing time on Sheppard only to cast him as the bad guy/loser

Comment

Oh so it's the Hair's fault he's a complete
                              Power corrupts, The Hair (r)(c)(tm) corrupts absolutely.

I guess that's what you get when you don't have 'Technical Advisers'
                              Indeed, and lets not get started about their ship designs since they are dreadful. Not to mention that lovely view they always have on the neck without any sign of it getting darker or lights to lighten it...And lets not get started about how their ships move in space (Have they ever heard of this bloke called Isaac Newton?).
                              Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Power corrupts, The Hair (r)(c)(tm) corrupts absolutely.
                                Ah-ha, the perils of hair products

Indeed, and lets not get started about their ship designs since they are dreadful. Not to mention that lovely view they always have on the neck without any sign of it getting darker or lights to lighten it...And lets not get started about how their ships move in space (Have they ever heard of this bloke called Isaac Newton?).
                                Apparently Prof Stephen Hawking was given a tour of the Star Trek set and said that their warp engines could probably work in a few years time, I wonder what he'd say about the Daedalus, it's not sleek enough IMO anyway it's not aerodynamic enough, still at least they didn't try and make a space shuttle out of a Reliant Robin We actually have Fleet Air Arm base near us called HMS Daedalus. One of the most interesting DVD extra that I saw was on Sharpe's Eagle they had guys from one of the re-enactment societies on set all the time and all the actors had to have lessons in how to use the rifles which paid off because you can't see any flaws in the battles on screen even down to the powder burns and the loading and firing of a musket and/or rifle depending on your regiment

Comment

Working...
                                X