Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    Whoever write that scene made a BIG freudian slip. Because to me it says

Spoiler:
    Carter: My command in Atlantis is a big joke, but here, my dear Cam, I've got your back, that's the only thing they (PTB) think I'm capable of doing.

Okay, did anybody understand what I wanted to say or my brain is simply too mixed up from all the stuff I've eaten today?
    Makes perfect sense.

Was that good?
    Very good!!
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Whoever write that scene made a BIG freudian slip. Because to me it says

Spoiler:
      Carter: My command in Atlantis is a big joke, but here, my dear Cam, I've got your back, that's the only thing they (PTB) think I'm capable of doing.

Okay, did anybody understand what I wanted to say or my brain is simply too mixed up from all the stuff I've eaten today?
      It does make sense to me (and HK-47)

I'll put more wishes under the Anti tree.

*continuity
      *character development that makes characters more like real people and less like bad comedy
      *my OTP or at least some nice moments between them
      *Carter back where she belongs and Weir also beck where she belongs - and that's the big office in Atlantis
      *more quality screen time for all female characters
      *real story arcs
      *real moral issues raised in episodes and not forgotten
      *Sheppard shown as a grown up person who doesn't suffer amnesia or uncontrolable libido
      *Ronon being portrayed like he deserves
      *more screentime for Dr. Z.
      *Carson
      *keep Keller but make her more like brilliant young doctor and not like a whiny baby
      *Kate
      *good stories.

Was that good?
      More than good actually. Very nice list indeed. Mental green

Comment

Great that you mentioned Michael. See, that's one of the reasons why I'd chose Ronon as my buddy, if I could chose among SGA characters. He is smart, in some things he is smarter than pretty hair and always hungry genius, and unlike the pretty hair thinks first and then acts. But I guess the SGA universe would simply implode if somebody who is pG native outwitted Earthlings.
        Well, Sheppard's a genius also but he acts like an idiot and McKay's not suited out for field-work. Considering that Sheppard has been implied to be smarter than McKay, he beats McKay over chess, should mean that his tactics should be a lot more creative and good. Instead the only one who comes up with the creative tactics and the most sane ideas are Ronon (Ronon is like Wolverine, highly intelligent and at the top of his physical abilities), so I wonder does this imply that Ronon's even smarter than Sheppard?

Not to mention that Sheppard should never have been in command of his team for the first three seasons and that has been bugging me since the beginning of Atlantis. In those seasons he was the CO and in that position he shouldn't be allowed to commission himself to field-work like that, instead Ford should've led Atlantis-1.

*sighs* As for Michael, I think it's sad that I actually hope that he succeeds in winning against the Expedition, I think that says enough about the state of the show.
        Signed,

Gregorius
        Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
        Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
          Not to mention that Sheppard should never have been in command of his team for the first three seasons and that has been bugging me since the beginning of Atlantis. In those seasons he was the CO and in that position he shouldn't be allowed to commission himself to field-work like that, instead Ford should've led Atlantis-1.
          If a clown like O'neill was in charge of the team on SG1, I don't see why Sheppard wouldn't be in charge, since he's not as big an idiot and a joke as O'neill, and is way hotter.

Comment

Well, Sheppard's a genius also but he acts like an idiot and McKay's not suited out for field-work. Considering that Sheppard has been implied to be smarter than McKay, he beats McKay over chess, should mean that his tactics should be a lot more creative and good. Instead the only one who comes up with the creative tactics and the most sane ideas are Ronon (Ronon is like Wolverine, highly intelligent and at the top of his physical abilities), so I wonder does this imply that Ronon's even smarter than Sheppard?

*sighs* As for Michael, I think it's sad that I actually hope that he succeeds in winning against the Expedition, I think that says enough about the state of the show.
            Interesting questions, and again, I agree with you. All I can add is that you can be smart in different ways, and not only generally smart; and I'd love to see situations where Ronon outsmarts the rest of them. Sheppard is written badly most of the times and it's a shame because the character is a wasted opportunity.

Originally posted by Luz View Post
            If a clown like O'neill was in charge of the team on SG1, I don't see why Sheppard wouldn't be in charge, since he's not as big an idiot and a joke as O'neill, and is way hotter.

Beg your pardon? Have we been watching the same show? O'Neill might be "slow" and his humor miught be off - beat but he is everything but stupid! And he is a way better strategist an d better commanding officer than Sheppard (at least he was written in a better way and given opportunities to show he is actually smart although he dosn't let other people see that).

I don't think that Sheppard or O'Neill are idiots, or stupid or big jokes. Both actors (JF and RDA) did their best with their characters and I can't agree with your post.

I just wish for better writers. That's something this show needs. BADLY.
            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Was O'Neill the most senior officer of the SGC? No, he wasn't ... he was under command of General Hammond and besides that O'Neill was and is a capable former special-ops who has proven himself in combat.

Was a person of equal of greater rank than Sheppard present on Atlantis or in charge of the expedition? No, he was the only one and a civilian was in charge of the expedition. Since Weir wasn't allowed to command Sheppard but only request him to do things, he was the most senior officer.

As such, he shouldn't go into the field unless absolute necessary but stay back in Atlantis to coordinate the teams. Afterall, losing two senior officers within a year, the risk was there and it was significant, would seriously destablize the expedition. Not to mention that they were completely cut-off from Earth and thus losing officers would be a serious loss. It shows a serious lack of understanding the military chain of command on the part of the writers as any decent officer would've remained behind on Atlantis the moment he or she became the CO since he/she would be responsible for the long-term planning and regulation of the military forces. Basically he was a general in the first season of Atlantis but with only the rank of a major.
              Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Was O'Neill the most senior officer of the SGC? No, he wasn't ... he was under command of General Hammond and besides that O'Neill was and is a capable former special-ops who has proven himself in combat.

Was a person of equal of greater rank than Sheppard present on Atlantis or in charge of the expedition? No, he was the only one and a civilian was in charge of the expedition. Since Weir wasn't allowed to command Sheppard but only request him to do things, he was the most senior officer.

As such, he shouldn't go into the field unless absolute necessary but stay back in Atlantis to coordinate the teams. Afterall, losing two senior officers within a year, the risk was there and it was significant, would seriously destablize the expedition. Not to mention that they were completely cut-off from Earth and thus losing officers would be a serious loss. It shows a serious lack of understanding the military chain of command on the part of the writers as any decent officer would've remained behind on Atlantis the moment he or she became the CO since he/she would be responsible for the long-term planning and regulation of the military forces. Basically he was a general in the first season of Atlantis but with only the rank of a major.

OMG someone dared to do it! You dared to say Sheppard should do Hammond's job!!!! *bows*

Comment

oh hell, i just came here to tell you that you're deadly mistaken. sg1 wouldn't be the same without o'neill, maybe you didn't pay any attention or you're may watch again. he just pretends to be that way, but he's very intelligent, and rest of the crew wouldn't be there where they are WITHOUT him. so don't you DARE to say anything like that!

i'm out.

You are tiny. I can see the whole of time and space - every single atom of your existence, and I divide them. Everything must come to dust... all things. Everything dies.

Comment

Originally posted by -fallen-one- View Post
                    oh hell, i just came here to tell you that you're deadly mistaken. sg1 wouldn't be the same without o'neill, maybe you didn't pay any attention or you're may watch again. he just pretends to be that way, but he's very intelligent, and rest of the crew wouldn't be there where they are WITHOUT him. so don't you DARE to say anything like that!

i'm out.
                    I know it's kinda OT but I agree, without O'Neill SG - 1 wouldn't be what it was (and in early seasons it was pure gold.) And to connect this with the topic of this thread - it's a shame that Atlantis doesn't have someone like RDA/O'Neill. McKay can't fill those shoes and neither can Sheppard, as much as I like him.

Comment

Interesting questions, and again, I agree with you. All I can add is that you can be smart in different ways, and not only generally smart; and I'd love to see situations where Ronon outsmarts the rest of them. Sheppard is written badly most of the times and it's a shame because the character is a wasted opportunity.
                      Well, my reasoning that Ronon has to be smarter than Sheppard follows from his insight into long-term planning, which is needed if you are a runner since you need to be prepared for anything, and his extreme adaptability, he has learned new things at an extremely fast rate.

Beg your pardon? Have we been watching the same show? O'Neill might be "slow" and his humor miught be off - beat but he is everything but stupid! And he is a way better strategist an d better commanding officer than Sheppard (at least he was written in a better way and given opportunities to show he is actually smart although he dosn't let other people see that).
                      Indeed, O'Neill's Sheppard's superior by far.

I don't think that Sheppard or O'Neill are idiots, or stupid or big jokes. Both actors (JF and RDA) did their best with their characters and I can't agree with your post.

I just wish for better writers. That's something this show needs. BADLY.
                      The actors are great and they're doing nothing wrong. The writers on the other hand need to get together and decide on what to do with the characters since the characters seem to be extremely unstable - one week borderline sociopathic, the other hyperactive - and thus lack consistency. And they need to appoint a showrunner from outside Bridge who has a fresh perspective on things and tells them that rehasing SG-1 plots isn't the way to go.
                      Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by -fallen-one- View Post

i'm out.
                        LOL, I can say whatever I want to say about that idiot O'neill because it is my opinion, he was a dumbass, had a character like him been on SGA I wouldn't even have started watching (in fact I used to skip his parts whenever he was in an episode), and I'll never understand how people can worship a useless jackass like O'neill, but different strokes I guess.

Comment

And I'll add, the characters are either bipolar or suffer from multiple personalities...

Comment

LOL, I can say whatever I want to say about that idiot O'neill because it is my opinion, he was a dumbass, had a character like him been on SGA I wouldn't even have started watching (in fact I used to skip his parts whenever he was in an episode), and I'll never understand how people can worship a useless jackass like O'neill, but different strokes I guess.
                            It's okay to say what you think, but it's not okay to be rude, and you are being rude right now. While we don't have to agree with each other, we should respect each other - and yes you can speak your mind, but you might want to watch your manner.

Comment

OMG someone dared to do it! You dared to say Sheppard should do Hammond's job!!!! *bows*
                              He should and I believe that's what they teach at West Point and other military institutions: The moment your CO dies, there is no-one to replace him and you're the highest ranking officer, you become the new CO and thus have the responsibilities that come with that job. In this case that means stay on Atlantis, do the military administration, coordinate the teams, plan the missions, etc... Only when it's vital for the mission and there is no other way should the CO enter the field. Doing anything else is reckless, idiotic and useless since the other teams members will have to focus on preventing the CO from getting harmed, not to mention what would happen should he fall into enemy hands...If I were the enemy I'd love to have my enemy's CO in my hands since security codes that can't be overruled are valuable.

It really is a shame the writers seem to have ignored this little piece of reality and decided that Sheppard can do whatever he wants without consequences. I would love to see an episode dealing with that, Sheppard having to deal with the enemy invading Atlantis because he went out, got captured and thus his codes were stolen by the enemy.
                              Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

It's okay to say what you think, but it's not okay to be rude, and you are being rude right now. While we don't have to agree with each other, we should respect each other - and yes you can speak your mind, but you might want to watch your manner.
                                You might want to see the post I was replying to, why is it such a crime to not like O'neill? I shouldn't DARE? I hate that O'neill jackass.

I've seen worse terms used in relations to Sheppard but when it's about O'neill then suddenly it's disrespectful? is he untouchable?

Comment

Working...
                                X