Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
    The problem lies in the fact that the Doctor Who threads are less frequented than the anti-threads, they're not the main focus, and they're not quite as sensitive a topic. The moment you start going off-topic there it doesn't send much of a message since it's not GW's main focus but more of an extra. The moment people start going completely off-topic in the Stargate sections you'll get mayhem, since it opens the door for, what I like to call, "post count whores". People who spam threads with useless messages only to increase their post-counts and not to mention that these are the people that are also prone to instigate flamewars etc.. Both usually result in either the closure or the moving of the thread to the off-topic section, so don't give these people a reason to start spamming these topics by going too far off-topic.
    Oh hell, that's a good point.
    We should enjoy the anti-thread for as long as it lasts, cause with season 5 we'll have to share with everyone else -> pro, anti and everything in between.

Compare it to Stargate, when it opened the doors for silly episodes the quality of the show drastically decreased.
    Good comparison.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

*slaps the entire thread around a bit with a large trout*

Remain on-topic please. If you want to talk about fish, talk about how fishy the second half of S4 smells.
      SGA-1 is a big fish in a small pond. Yup, we can still keep the topic of fish connected to the show.
      Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
      at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        We should enjoy the anti-thread for as long as it lasts, cause with season 5 we'll have to share with everyone else -> pro, anti and everything in between.
        I, for one, welcome over new negging, pro S5, overlords when S5 starts.

Good comparison.
        Thank you, I try.
        Signed,

Gregorius
        Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
        Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
          SGA-1 is a big fish in a small pond. Yup, we can still keep the topic of fish connected to the show.
          Indeed we can. And the fun thing is that when a fish gets too big for a pond it either dies or gets transfered. Lets just hope this fish loses some of its dead weight and returns to being the small elegant fish it was in S1.
          Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Indeed we can. And the fun thing is that when a fish gets too big for a pond it either dies or gets transfered. Lets just hope this fish loses some of its dead weight and returns to being the small elegant fish it was in S1.
            But you know, it only seems big because the pond is small, if there were more good quality shows on SciFi then SGA-1 would be seen for what it really is - a small, unimportant fish that would no longer be allowed to live. It's sad but that's the way it is. It wouldn't even be good for cats, way too small and smelly for a cat to wanna touch it. My Max certainly wouldn't, he's very picky when it comes to his food, he's like me with TV shows. LOL
            Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
            at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

The problem lies in the fact that the Doctor Who threads are less frequented than the anti-threads, they're not the main focus, and they're not quite as sensitive a topic. The moment you start going off-topic there it doesn't send much of a message since it's not GW's main focus but more of an extra. The moment people start going completely off-topic in the Stargate sections you'll get mayhem, since it opens the door for, what I like to call, "post count whores". People who spam threads with useless messages only to increase their post-counts and not to mention that these are the people that are also prone to instigate flamewars etc.. Both usually result in either the closure or the moving of the thread to the off-topic section, so don't give these people a reason to start spamming these topics by going too far off-topic.
              Yup, a very good point. I thought the rules were blanket, for all sections not just the popular ones
              Compare it to Stargate, when it opened the doors for silly episodes the quality of the show drastically decreased.
              *Cough*200*cough*

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
                But you know, it only seems big because the pond is small, if there were more good quality shows on SciFi then SGA-1 would be seen as it is in reality - a small, unimportant fish that would no longer be allowed to live.
                The main problem is that in this particular pond, the SciFi genre, most fish don't get the chance to grow and reach maturity since overzealous TV-Execs - who love their flawed ratings, despise SciFi, and love to count their money - kill these poor fish. And their only save haven, the SciFi Channel, has slowly become infested with these fish killer who have begon to replace the original fish with new, completely unrelated, species of fish, all in the name of ratings.

I guess it's time for a new pond where these fish can be nurtured and reach maturity and I think it's also time for these fish to show some teeth and demand multiple seasons renewals instead of a per season renewals so they can finally gain a following once more and don't have to worry about getting killed while doing so.
                Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                  Yup, a very good point. I thought the rules were blanket, for all sections not just the popular ones

*Cough*200*cough*
                  The whole of season 9 was a joke and most of S10 wasn't much better.
                  Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
                    Those are probably the same people who insist that a certain actor can't be a republican because he's 'pretty', and all republicans are ugly, right?
                    I'm pretty. He's pretty. What's the problem? *iz confuzed*

Were you talking about fish? Well, it is a watery planet. *iz confuzed more*
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

check this out...
                      http://otherlandonline.com/sgamessag...ateMessage.php

i e-mailed it to my buds twinny and twinchy

hehe i wrote Sam and Keller Sux hehe
                      to funny
                      Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                      ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                      Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                        check this out...
                        http://otherlandonline.com/sgamessag...ateMessage.php

i e-mailed it to my buds twinny and twinchy

hehe i wrote Sam and Keller Sux hehe
                        to funny
                        I would have used it, but it offered me the three lamest episodes ever

Comment

The whole of season 9 was a joke and most of S10 wasn't much better.
                          SG-1 was a golden goose, they were reluctant to put it down, even when the eggs were starting to come out tarnished because they knew people would still buy them, even though the buyers were beginning to look elsewhere for their golden eggs they still made the poor bird suffer and they're doing it again with their new golden goose, even though it's turned into an old boiler at such a young age. The only thing to do with a goose at Christmas is stuff it with sage and onion.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            I'm pretty. He's pretty. What's the problem? *iz confuzed*

Were you talking about fish? Well, it is a watery planet. *iz confuzed more*

That explains everything. Actually only why characters get fished

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                              SG-1 was a golden goose, they were reluctant to put it down, even when the eggs were starting to come out tarnished because they knew people would still buy them, even though the buyers were beginning to look elsewhere for their golden eggs they still made the poor bird suffer and they're doing it again with their new golden goose, even though it's turned into an old boiler at such a young age. The only thing to do with a goose at Christmas is stuff it with sage and onion.
                              I wonder why their "golden gooses" became so dreadful, perhaps because the owners stopped caring about what it ate and thought that even when only feeding it junkfood it would still give them golden eggs.
                              Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

I dunno if this was in the mixes before, but here goes:

Say Goodbye

Comment

Working...
                                X