Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really have nothing else to say. Especially after tonights episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post

I really have nothing else to say. Especially after tonights episode.
      Just say "Jump the shark".

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

People need to vent on the episode thread. That's where JM and his buds lurk to read all the "glowing" fan reviews, like, "OMG, this episode was the BEST EVAH!"

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78
          Weir was amazing in "This Mortal Coil" I for one am not counting her out. She is too good of a character to let go. Especially now.
          Once upon a time I used to have faith in these people, back in season two, at the beginning fo season three even. But now?, experience has thought me that I should expect nothing from them, not originality, not effort, and certainly not respect.

I have zero expectations, I always know they'll screw things up in the worst way possible, and I'm never either pleasantly surprised or let down.

Comment

I wanted to share the post I just sent to JM's blog. If you haven't watched TMC yet and don't want to be spoiled, don't read this.

Spoiler:

Joe,

Man, where do I start?

Losing Elizabeth once wasn't enough? We had to lose her twice?

It was incredible to see Torri on screen again. She was PHENOMENAL in this episode. Every scene reminded me of how much depth of feeling and character Torri can portray in every scene she's in.

And, seeing the "copies" of the team struggle with their identity and the real team creep out with coming face to face with themselves were interesting character moments. Rodney's admission that it was "Carson all over again" and that he wasn't ready to "deal with it" and then John saying he was going to box up Elizabeth's stuff and send it back to Earth - it was like, okay, everyone is giving up, it's all over. She's dead. All the hope, all the faith, all the possibility - squat, zip, nada, done. Broke my heart.

The story had great potential. I was hoping against hope for some dramatic reveal at the end that would make it all make sense. Nope, not even a whizzo button for Weir fans.

For crying out loud, Joe, we have to go through the whole experience of losing Elizabeth again?

The knife in the gut is twisting pretty good right about now.

No clue how she is supposed to be in another episode yet this season. Considering she's apparently been killed off twice now. What, another repli-Weir? A flashback? Repli-Keller was lying and the real Liz is still alive? A lost video message from Elizabeth we never got to see before? Did the original Weir ascend and will come back? Hell, did organic Repli-Weir ascend and will come back?

Problem is, Joe, I'm not sure I can hang in there any more for this ride. Roller coasters always did make me sick to my stomach.

Understand, Joe, I wrote this immediately after TMC aired. I was THRILLED to see Torri again on the show. After it's all said and done, now I don't know what to think.

Somehow, I don't think I'm the only fan standing at the crossroads right now.

SMB_BOOKS
            sigpic
            Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
              I wanted to share the post I just sent to JM's blog. If you haven't watched TMC yet and don't want to be spoiled, don't read this.

Spoiler:

Joe,

Man, where do I start?

It was incredible to see Torri on screen again. She was PHENOMENAL in this episode. Every scene reminded me of how much depth of feeling and character Torri can portray in every scene she's in.

And, seeing the "copies" of the team struggle with their identity and the real team creep out with coming face to face with themselves were interesting character moments. Rodney's admission that it was "Carson all over again" and that he wasn't ready to "deal with it" and then John saying he was going to box up Elizabeth's stuff and send it back to Earth - it was like, okay, everyone is giving up, it's all over. She's dead. All the hope, all the faith, all the possibility - squat, zip, nada, done. Broke my heart.

The story had great potential. I was hoping against hope for some dramatic reveal at the end that would make it all make sense. Nope, not even a whizzo button for Weir fans.

For crying out loud, Joe, we have to go through the whole experience of losing Elizabeth again?

No clue how she is supposed to be in another episode yet this season. Considering she's apparently been killed off twice now. What, another repli-Weir? A flashback? Repli-Keller was lying and the real Liz is still alive? A lost video message from Elizabeth we never got to see before? Did the original Weir ascend and will come back? Hell, did organic Repli-Weir ascend and will come back?

Problem is, Joe, I'm not sure I can hang in there any more for this ride. Roller coasters always did make me sick to my stomach.

Understand, Joe, I wrote this immediately after TMC aired. I was THRILLED to see Torri again on the show. After it's all said and done, now I don't know what to think.

SMB_BOOKS
              I love what you wrote here. Completely expresses how I'm feeling.

The thing I realized was that I love the team, the characters, but the storylines are so bad and don't make any sense that I can't watch.
              sigpic
              My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                in here they can. this is the sanctuary for folks to express any and everythinhg they don't like or don't THINK they'll like about the season. Doesn't have to make sense, doesn't have to be your cup of tea, it just is.

leave them to thier space
                I may have agreed with Jelgate, even if it was slightly sarcastic.

Spoiler:

Joe,

Man, where do I start?

SMB_BOOKS
                Frak, I can't green you. But you deserve it nonetheless, cause this is a letter with feeling. Written with the heart of a fan.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  You could have lied.
                  I'm a terrible liar

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                  Only if you had Budweiser. The pure and real one not the American one. Yuk
                  Czech beer is the best on this planet

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                  Pajus should add two more names to HK's list.
                  Just one. Wright was HK's last target

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  As expected, the Weir we see this ep is only a replicator/organic clone. If that wasn't irritating enough, the replicator version of Keller tells repli!Weir that the real Elizabeth was killed months ago by Oberoth for getting to uppity.

So Elizabeth is DEAD. And to add insult to injury, TPTB killed her offscreen and had her death revealed almost casually.

Guess all those hoping that the replicator storyline would take Elizabeth in a new and interesting direction were wrong. Completely and totally wrong. And people wonder why I don't automatically trust anything TPTB say...
                  I hate it when my Jedi sense is right

Originally posted by Briangate78
                  This is not Weir's last ep. Don't you think this leaves something more open?
                  Who are you kidding? Yourself or us?

Spoiler:

Joe,

Man, where do I start?

SMB_BOOKS
                  Great letter. I don't thik JM will publish it on his blog, but still it's a great letter

Comment

Ah. TMC was average. You know I love this series and I like Weir, but the whole story is a Double Jeopardy - Progeny combination. They could follow the Goa'uld and Wraith ships with similar device in earlier seasons. It seems the whole Atlantis began to be an SG-1 remake.

4x01 Adrift - Tangent
                    4x02 Lifeline - The Hive
                    4x03 Reunion - Family
                    4x04 Doppelganger - Cold Lazarus
                    4x05 Travelers - Prometheus Unbound
                    4x06 Tabula Rasa - Beneath The Surface
                    4x07 Missing - Death Knell
                    4x08 The Seer - Prophecy
                    4x09 Miller's Crossing - Desperate Measures
                    4x10 This Mortal Coil - Double Jeopardy

Spoiler:
                    4x11 Be All My Sins Remember'd - Summit

So I don't know why, but it seems they lost the creativity. They should ask the fans write and send story ideas (not script!) and some of them could be made in season 5.
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                      Ah. TMC was average. You know I love this series and I like Weir, but the whole story is a Double Jeopardy - Progeny combination. They could follow the Goa'uld and Wraith ships with similar device in earlier seasons. It seems the whole Atlantis began to be an SG-1 remake.

4x01 Adrift - Tangent
                      4x02 Lifeline - The Hive
                      4x03 Reunion - Family
                      4x04 Doppelganger - Cold Lazarus
                      4x05 Travelers - Prometheus Unbound
                      4x06 Tabula Rasa - Beneath The Surface
                      4x07 Missing - Death Knell
                      4x08 The Seer - Prophecy
                      4x09 Miller's Crossing - Desperate Measures
                      4x10 This Mortal Coil - Double Jeopardy

Spoiler:
                      4x11 Be All My Sins Remember'd - Summit

So I don't know why, but it seems they lost the creativity. They should ask the fans write and send story ideas (not script!) and some of them could be made in season 5.

They need the original SG1 people back to run Atlantis. The current mob is clueless. Completely clueless. And they keep on shelving Joe Flanigan's ideas. I bet his are way more original than anything the rest of them have come up with in the past few seasons.

Comment

Yeah, they should give 1-2 episode per season to the fans to make our ideas into script(s). This can be a more interactive connection between writers and fans.

I am bit sad, because it seems they tried to make bad / average SG-1 episodes to look better, bigger if they re-tell team in Atlantis. But I think they need new ideas, because if they can't find something original out, they shouldn't begin the Universe series too.
                        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                          Yeah, they should give 1-2 episode per season to the fans to make our ideas into script(s). This can be a more interactive connection between writers and fans.

I am bit sad, because it seems they tried to make bad / average SG-1 episodes to look better, bigger if they re-tell team in Atlantis. But I think they need new ideas, because if they can't find something original out, they shouldn't begin the Universe series too.
                          Oh, God, imagine how bad that's going to be, since they're obviously already out of ideas. What a nightmare. That'll be essential viewing. Not.

Comment

I really liked TMC. It was finally an interesting episode after those crappy episodes in the past. But what I didn't like, it was the end of TMC. Why did TPTB decide to kill duplicates? They are ruining every possible interesting story-arc in SGA. First, RepliWeir in the Lifeline and now those duplicates. TPTB's decisions make no sense to me

and killing real Weir offscreen? Damn, she was part of SGA for three years, she deserved something better...
                            Stolen Kosovo
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                              Just say "Jump the shark".
                              I've been saying that with the S4 opener but nobody listened

Comment

It took them 11 episodes to admit that there ever was a Carson Beckett. I think the best thig about the episode was the absence of Overgrown sissy-toy (but the overuse of Whining baby and We come in peace, shoot to kill made up for it).

Comment

Working...
                                X