Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just thought it might make a fine addition
    Last edited by Pajus; 05 December 2007, 01:05 PM.

Comment

For those of you who don't regularly visit JM's blog, there is a little debate going on between posters there regarding whether or not the reappearance of Elizabeth will affect ratings for TMC. Some are saying it will have a big effect, others are saying any ratings increase will be due to the fact it is a mid-season show, etc.

I threw my two cents into the ring. Here's what I posted:
      Spoiler:

SMB_BOOKS said...
      As an Elizabeth/Torri fan who is both nervous and excited to watch This Mortal Coil live this week, I'm throwing my two cents into the ring.....

I don't presume to think that if TMC gets "higher than season 4 average" ratings this week that it will entirely or solely be because of Torri's role in it.

However, I do think it will be a contributing factor. In my opinion it will be a strong contributing factor.

Some here will agree with me. Some here will not.

The crowd I'm most focused on in seeing the potential Weir has in this series are the folks at Bridge, SciFi, NBC and MGM. So, if TMC does do well this week, I sure hope they take Torri's performance into consideration, especially when plans for Season 5 are being made.

I don't think Weir fans who think TMC is going to do well because we'll finally get to see more about Elizabeth's fate are all that different than fans who might have thought Travelers did well because of the focus on John, or Reunion did well because of the focus on Ronon, or Missing did well because of the focus on Teyla, or Miller's Crossing did well because of the focus on Rodney & Jeannie.

Cheers!
      SMB_BOOKS

For those of us who will be able to watch TMC on Friday night, I think it will be very important for us to send emails or letters to Bridge, SciFi, MGM and NBC about why we tuned in and what we thought.
      sigpic
      Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
        Just thought it might make a fine addition
        Cool!

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
        For those of you who don't regularly visit JM's blog, there is a little debate going on between posters there regarding whether or not the reappearance of Elizabeth will affect ratings for TMC. Some are saying it will have a big effect, others are saying any ratings increase will be due to the fact it is a mid-season show, etc.

I threw my two cents into the ring. Here's what I posted:
        Spoiler:

SMB_BOOKS said...
        As an Elizabeth/Torri fan who is both nervous and excited to watch This Mortal Coil live this week, I'm throwing my two cents into the ring.....

I don't presume to think that if TMC gets "higher than season 4 average" ratings this week that it will entirely or solely be because of Torri's role in it.

However, I do think it will be a contributing factor. In my opinion it will be a strong contributing factor.

Some here will agree with me. Some here will not.

The crowd I'm most focused on in seeing the potential Weir has in this series are the folks at Bridge, SciFi, NBC and MGM. So, if TMC does do well this week, I sure hope they take Torri's performance into consideration, especially when plans for Season 5 are being made.

I don't think Weir fans who think TMC is going to do well because we'll finally get to see more about Elizabeth's fate are all that different than fans who might have thought Travelers did well because of the focus on John, or Reunion did well because of the focus on Ronon, or Missing did well because of the focus on Teyla, or Miller's Crossing did well because of the focus on Rodney & Jeannie.

Cheers!
        SMB_BOOKS

For those of us who will be able to watch TMC on Friday night, I think it will be very important for us to send emails or letters to Bridge, SciFi, MGM and NBC about why we tuned in and what we thought.
        Has JM said anything about Miller's Crossing's rating? Just wondering.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          This poll might interest some of you here. Look who's ahead and who's not even mentioned. http://stargate.mgm.com/index.php
          I voted Carter/McKay. Again. Guys we just hit 7000 posts! Weeeeheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

WooooHoooo!

*waves the sock*
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
              Cool!

Has JM said anything about Miller's Crossing's rating? Just wondering.
              TBH, I don't know. I don't always read his blog word for word so if he did, I could have missed it.....
              sigpic
              Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                TBH, I don't know. I don't always read his blog word for word so if he did, I could have missed it.....
                Ah, ok. We'll know soon enough anyway.
                sigpic

Comment

Reading Mallozzi's blog in lolcat is the only way I can read the stuff without wanting to punch someone.

dovil writez= “how bout firin cast n replacin them wit ur dog??!”

answa= i tried. studio sed no.

anonymous #3 writez= “yet u has two thing that r supposed 2 b romantic in thiz season uv atlantiz... i.e. teyla/fatha uv ha baby n sheppard/larrin”

answa= wit regard 2 sheppard/larrin - i saw flirtation there... not romance. re= teyla/fatha - um... that where babiez come frm. hones... i’m not makin it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
                    Reading Mallozzi's blog in lolcat is the only way I can read the stuff without wanting to punch someone.

anonymous #3 writez= “yet u has two thing that r supposed 2 b romantic in thiz season uv atlantiz... i.e. teyla/fatha uv ha baby n sheppard/larrin”

answa= wit regard 2 sheppard/larrin - i saw flirtation there... not romance. re= teyla/fatha - um... that where babiez come frm. hones... i’m not makin it up.
                    hahha, that is so much better.

JM Blog=
                    Spoiler:
                    Last edited by Ruined_puzzle; 05 December 2007, 05:43 PM.
                    sigpic
                    My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Ruined Puzzle, can I copy your picture
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
                        Seen the new teaser promo pic for TMC at MGM's site?

I think I've figured out that...
                        Spoiler:
                        characters in old SGA uniforms are Replicators. *nods* Because Elizabeth doesn't know they have new, ugly uniforms.

And image 11 suspiciously looks like 'OMG you're alive'
                        Linkie? I'd like to see promo pics, plz...

Aww, I love this thread too, R_P, great pic!
                        'I am frightened that the flame of hate will burn me
                        will scorch my pride, scar my heart
                        It will burn and I cannot put it out...'

Sig by Falcon Horus- thank you!

my LJ of squee *myspace of angst * my fic of random

My OTP forever, by Stef, who is awesome:
                        Spoiler:

Thanks, Stef!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          Ruined Puzzle, can I copy your picture
                          Sure since they are not mine. I stole them from lolcats.com.
                          sigpic
                          My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

I just read the spoilers for TMC.

Spoiler:
                            Wow. First thing I thought was SG-1's Tin Man and Double Jeopardy. Even when they only have one SG-1 character in the show, the plotlines are snurched straight from SG-1's eps. All we need is a little dude running around going 'komtraya'. If they can steal storylines and characters from SG-1, why can't they maintain the 'don't kill all the characters that the audience love to watch' attitude?
                            'I am frightened that the flame of hate will burn me
                            will scorch my pride, scar my heart
                            It will burn and I cannot put it out...'

Sig by Falcon Horus- thank you!

my LJ of squee *myspace of angst * my fic of random

My OTP forever, by Stef, who is awesome:
                            Spoiler:

Thanks, Stef!

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post

That would turn us all into OGs

Originally posted by borgprincess View Post
                              I just read the spoilers for TMC.

Spoiler:
                              Wow. First thing I thought was SG-1's Tin Man and Double Jeopardy. Even when they only have one SG-1 character in the show, the plotlines are snurched straight from SG-1's eps. All we need is a little dude running around going 'komtraya'. If they can steal storylines and characters from SG-1, why can't they maintain the 'don't kill all the characters that the audience love to watch' attitude?
                              Spoiler:
                              Now that you mention it, Oberoth looks like the guy, who...

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                Now that you mention it, Oberoth looks like the guy, who...
                                Spoiler:

Com'traya!
                                Last edited by mcbarr; 06 December 2007, 03:24 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X