Vengeance (319)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
    I really like this episode! It's a lot of fun. The creepy hybrid bugs were awesome.

Lots of good gun and knife action. I't a really good team episode .

We even got a rare Rodney/Teyla scene.

And we got Michael. The little devil is still out there somewhere too. So we might see him again.
    Considering that Connor Trinneer is pictured in some of the season four wrap party photos on JM's blog, I'd say chances are good.

Michael just keeps on becoming a better and better character each episode he's in. I've been really impressed by how we've had several wraith shown as more individual characters in season three, rather than just the-wraith-as-a-whole-are-bad-news direction that was seasons one and two.

Comment

If you watch the "Looking back at Season 3" extra on your Season 3 dvds, Martin Guero(I think it's him), says that giving the Wraith more personality was on of their goals for Season 3.

Cool that Michael will show up in Season 4. I like the tie ins between seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
        If you watch the "Looking back at Season 3" extra on your Season 3 dvds, Martin Guero(I think it's him), says that giving the Wraith more personality was on of their goals for Season 3.

Cool that Michael will show up in Season 4. I like the tie ins between seasons.
        Cool! I haven't watched any of the features yet, must get to that one first. I'd certainly say that they succeeded.

Comment

I did like most of the Wraith episodes this year.

Michael is now one of my favorite villians. After seeing this episode, I look forward to viewing his next story, because he is a decent threat that Atlantis created (and some people say the Ancients are troublesome).

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
            Considering that Connor Trinneer is pictured in some of the season four wrap party photos on JM's blog, I'd say chances are good.

Michael just keeps on becoming a better and better character each episode he's in. I've been really impressed by how we've had several wraith shown as more individual characters in season three, rather than just the-wraith-as-a-whole-are-bad-news direction that was seasons one and two.
            Agreed. Things are always more interesting and (given the obvious) more realistic when there are shades of grey and characters and situations have more complexity.
            sigpic
            My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0 View Post
              because he is a decent threat that Atlantis created (and some people say the Ancients are troublesome).
              Darn skippy.. Heck i wonder if in 1 mil years, we will have another race looking at what we did and calling us failures?

Comment

Awesome episode in "Alien" movie style.
                Man if i was in McKay place, wouldnt kept my eyes off that motion detector.
                Last edited by EarthandBeyond; 26 December 2007, 12:48 PM.
                We are born capable of greatness... If we are to be who we are, and what we are; if we are to accomplish great things, then we must learn the heart's most essential rule:

Comment

I'm not afraid to say this episode really gave me the creeps several times. I think it's gotta be one of the scariest episodes they've ever done on either Stargate series. Yeah, I know it's got a lot in common with "Alien", but it was still scary.

But I think the best part of the episode is the whole thread/arc surrounding Michael. I really think his whole storyline has been excellent right from the start. Even though he's a bad guy, you actually find yourself sympathising with him and agreeing with him. He's not the usual bad-guy who's out to kill our heroes just because he's bad. He's doing it because the Atlantis team have really screwed-up his life, not once but several times. Not only that, but they've used him and lied to him loads of times too. So, you can't help but think that Michael's perfectly justified in being out to get revenge on the team. I hope he returns many times again in the future of the show, as he's really one of the best characters ever in the whole of Stargate.

I also liked Ronon's moment with Sheppard where he finally comes out and tells Sheppard that he's had enough of being told to put his weapon on stun and go easy on Michael. As Ronon says, he's had concerns about the plans involving Michael from the start, but no-one really listened to him. Now, he's had enough, because Michael's bitten them on the rear way too many times and so he's going to kill him. That's one of the great things about Ronon, in that he's the kind of character who can say things like this.

Finally, I really got the sense from the end of the episode that the Atlantis team have well and truly screwed things up big time now. Everything that's happened: Michael, the Superbugs, the deaths of the Teranans are all because of them. I can't wait to see where this takes them next season.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by John W View Post
                    He's doing it because the Atlantis team have really screwed-up his life, not once but several times. Not only that, but they've used him and lied to him loads of times too. So, you can't help but think that Michael's perfectly justified in being out to get revenge on the team.
                    .. snip for space ..
                    Finally, I really got the sense from the end of the episode that the Atlantis team have well and truly screwed things up big time now. Everything that's happened: Michael, the Superbugs, the deaths of the Teranans are all because of them. I can't wait to see where this takes them next season.
                    That's one of the things I've always liked about SGA - the people try to be the good guys, and they may have the best of intentions, but sometimes they royally screw up.

And this time we've actually had a chance to see the fallout, instead of it happening offscreen (which it mostly does).

Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Raven56 View Post
                      That's one of the things I've always liked about SGA - the people try to be the good guys, and they may have the best of intentions, but sometimes they royally screw up.

And this time we've actually had a chance to see the fallout, instead of it happening offscreen (which it mostly does).

Nice.
                      This is one of my favorite eps!

I can't wait to see Kindred I, so we can finally see what Michael has been doing ever since his 'oops' moment at the end of Vengeance.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                        No mention of Carson, in a story relating to his character's main (if not only) arc?

Submersion was forgiveable, but this isn't

I won't be watching this one either.
                        i was reading the season 3 companion and i read that mallozzi asked carl binder to change the last part of his script to leave an opening
                        Spoiler:
                        to bring carson back.

i checked it out and the only thing that stood out was michael was able to implement beckett's work so quickly in to his own. maybe he has beckett or a clone of him?
                        Last edited by Skydiver; 29 March 2008, 09:31 AM.

Comment

I think this was a good episode with a creepy feeling that anything could jump out at any time
                          I think the bugs were wicked and the end bit was good with the bugs all closing in on Rodney and Teyla and the Dart sweeps in and saves them just in time flown by Sheppard and Ronon
                          I got a question though
                          Spoiler:
                          Why does Michael drop his bugs for human wraith in Kindred Parts 1 and 2?
                          The bugs are much better than the human versions
                          Also where does he put em?
                          Also Michael comes back with a vengeance in Season 4 and causes a real problem for Atlantis

Why dont they kill Michael when they have the chance? They had soooo many chances

Comment

Tell me, Teddy, why are you spoiling season 3 with season 4 elements?

If that's case, then please add that underneath your spoiler are season 4 elements, thank you.

Not all of us have seen the next season.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by LordRe View Post
                              i was reading the season 3 companion and i read that mallozzi asked carl binder to change the last part of his script to leave an opening to bring carson back.

i checked it out and the only thing that stood out was michael was able to implement beckett's work so quickly in to his own. maybe he has beckett or a clone of him?
                              You don't say...

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                              I think this was a good episode with a creepy feeling that anything could jump out at any time
                              I think the bugs were wicked and the end bit was good with the bugs all closing in on Rodney and Teyla and the Dart sweeps in and saves them just in time flown by Sheppard and Ronon
                              I got a question though (season 4 spoilers)
                              Spoiler:
                              Why does Michael drop his bugs for human wraith in Kindred Parts 1 and 2?
                              The bugs are much better than the human versions
                              Also where does he put em?
                              Also Michael comes back with a vengeance in Season 4 and causes a real problem for Atlantis

Why dont they kill Michael when they have the chance? They had soooo many chances
                              Season 4 things...
                              Spoiler:
                              They're better.
                              Hybrids: on ships, bugs: boom!land
                              Michael came back with a Vengeance in Vengeance...
                              Ask yourself the question why they don't do so with you... Enough opportunities, too.
                              Okay, seriously, think Michael would be more happy when they did that with him? Tsk tsk tsk. He's past that stage.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              Tell me, Teddy, why are you spoiling season 3 with season 4 elements?

If that's case, then please add that underneath your spoiler are season 4 elements, thank you.

Not all of us have seen the next season.
                              Lemming!

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Let's remember please, that anything that happens beyond season three MUST be in spoiler tags
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X