Vengeance (319)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Atlantis ep was OK but predictable.

At least they had something of a logical reason for the super soldiers but not sure how he expects to control them.

I still find Michael sympathetic considering how the SGA scrwed him over and over. Ronan was the only one who was ever honest.

I like how Teyla came up with the RIGHT course of action even if everyone else didnt want to follow it. Then Ronan came up with the RIGHT course of action that should have been followed to begin with (when the Michael experiment first failed). Rodney was suprisingly not as whiny as I would have expected considering the circumstances and the beginning of the ep was somehow appropriate. Maybe someday he will have some skills. Sheppard was solid as always and I liked how HE came up with the RIGHT PLAN and Ronan acknowledged it. Buy WHY didnt he just beam up Michael at the end so they could shoot him when he has no backup.....oh right, hes Dr Evil and they need him for future eps... my bad. (I did actually like that line)

I like how the super soliders were not all powerful and were actually vulnerable if you shoot them in the right place. That way you dont need the super special weapon like most stargate plots seem to require these days.

I didnt like how the marines were idiots... maybe a bit of a scatter when a wraith dart shows up would be appropiate. And I dont like that they made one call back with false information even though it should have been obvious he was doomed anyway. I think a good old "scrw you" would have been the words out of my mouth to Michael. Even if Atlantis already has.

Weir was good but her mistakes and that of her team are starting to catch up and weigh on her.

Ok, the more I think on it... I actually really like it.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

"Alien" rip off--cheesy creatures--predictable plot.

Loved Micheal, he made the episode. If Micheal wasn't behind it-- and the writer's made it some mutated bug...it would have been tooooooo cheesy.
      Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

I thought the episode was excellent. Very well paced, and the moody lighting and camera teases were perfect. I'd like to see more episodes done this way. Loved the nod to Aliens, too.

I look forward to seeing Michael again in S4, because as Connor Trinneer said in his GW interview, the story has legs!

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
          "Alien" rip off--cheesy creatures--predictable plot.

Loved Micheal, he made the episode. If Micheal wasn't behind it-- and the writer's made it some mutated bug...it would have been tooooooo cheesy.
          I enjoyed the overall episode for the most part. I thought most of it was pretty well done.

I do have to agree though, Michael made it much better. I really like his character, and hope we get quite a bit more of him in Season 4.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by LoveConquers View Post

Enough of the chest already.
            ????

My Story:
            http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

Originally posted by retiredat44 View Post
              ????
              I think the comment was in reply to an early to mid-thread run on one character's biology and how the bug crawling on top of her showed that she had parts appropriate (if that's the right word) to her gender. I could go on, but it was a bit weird the first time.

I hope Michael comes back in season 4.

Comment

when they returned to atlantis at the end of the ep... the operator gets shepherd's code, then the stargate opens, they come through, the stargate closes...

is that a mistake? doesnt the stargate need to be open first in order for a code to come through? or did i miss something???

Comment

Originally posted by Charles17 View Post
                  when they returned to atlantis at the end of the ep... the operator gets shepherd's code, then the stargate opens, they come through, the stargate closes...

is that a mistake? doesnt the stargate need to be open first in order for a code to come through? or did i miss something???
                  Are you sure they didn't mean 'lower/open the shield'? Because there does have to be an open wormhole, but not a lowered shield for transmittions to come through.
                  click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                    Buy WHY didnt he just beam up Michael at the end so they could shoot him when he has no backup.....
                    My question exactly. Even my dad, who doesn't normally watch the show exclaimed, "Wait, why didn't he just suck up the bad guy when he had the chance?"

Comment

Originally posted by sparklegem View Post
                      My question exactly. Even my dad, who doesn't normally watch the show exclaimed, "Wait, why didn't he just suck up the bad guy when he had the chance?"
                      Sheppard may not be able to read the Wraith's HUD well enough yet to have known it was Michael. He may know the "signatures" of the humans well enough, but not the others. Also, when he was going to beam them out, not knowing what kind of weapon Michael had might have made it dangerous, especially if he has to beam them all out at once and it's possible any one or all of his team might be unconscious. These are details that take too long to explain in the available time.

Also, they determined that the super bugs had a very tough exoskeleton, but the underbelly was quite vulnerable.

I thought it was a 10/10 episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post

Lame = Ronan and his ******* stun/kill/stun/kill song and dance. Do us all a favour and set it to "no one gives a frak"
                        Frankly I want to see more of Ronan's song and dance...it makes the show
                        more fun. Do us a favor and put more of this in the show.

Ronan was the best part of this eppy...he saw that Michael should have been
                        killed in first place. Ronan knows his enemies the Wraith and definitely sees
                        the dangers before anyone else does.

BTW

Ronan has definite chemistry with Sheppard. They play off incredibly well. His comedic chemistry with
                        Rodney is hilarious...and visual chemistry with Teyla is incredible.
                        Last edited by dec55; 17 June 2007, 07:17 PM.
                        Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Yeah i totally agree with you Sparklegem

i mean they could have picked him up too and interrogated him, what they hell !!!!!!!!, but oh well i guess it is just a way for Michael to come back

does anyone else agree with me that, that was one scary episode , i know when those giant bugs came out i jumped a few times , you didn't even see that one when it attacked Ronon , i was like WHOA WHAT THE !!!!!!!!!
                          sigpic
                          May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Actually, I was expecting that. You could hear the music start to tense up, and the scene was starting to run long without any sudden movements, plot developments, or even any dialogue. They were preparing you for the sudden scare by calming you down with the lack of any forward motion in the story.

You know what I mean?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                              Actually, I was expecting that. You could hear the music start to tense up, and the scene was starting to run long without any sudden movements, plot developments, or even any dialogue. They were preparing you for the sudden scare by calming you down with the lack of any forward motion in the story.

You know what I mean?
                              Plus once you see the hatched cocoon, was there any doubt there was going to be some buggy thing jumping out at them. I liked Teyla's plan but she said it a little later then she should have, maybe she was waiting for Sheppard to come up with it. Once they saw all the dead people and only one life form reading on the detector, they should have stepped back and formed a new plan (or just A plan).

The good thing on Atlantis though is, unlike a lot of shows, they at least acknowledge that these people have seen these types of circumstances in movies. John’s recognition of the Alien air vent situation is much nicer then just some guy, whose supposed be from our time, just ignoring the possibility. Stargate has historically been pretty good at that.
                              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Silence equals scare coming up.
                                Music rising means something is bound to happen, be that scary or not.

I guess it's one of those things they learn in tv-making-school.
                                I for one, find it only slightly annoying that I can pretty accurately guess what will happen by the way something is done.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X