• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ccdsah View Post
    MHOs
    1. They (the writers) forgot about her.
    2. It would be too easy.
    3. The actress wasn't available
    Probably #1. They could at least have discussed doing it and then come up with that she wouldn't help them, anyway.

Comment

Oh goodie, so then we'd have people b***** because Sheppard said Chaya's name, or because he was in the proximity when someone said Chaya's name, no thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
        Oh I dunno... he said she was attractive...
        LOL, I'm sure he thought she was attractive, but I thought Epiphany made it clear that Ascension wasn't his bag. She was just the only hot babe in town and it had been six months. A man has needs.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by psychofilly View Post
          LOL, I'm sure he thought she was attractive, but I thought Epiphany made it clear that Ascension wasn't his bag. She was just the only hot babe in town and it had been six months. A man has needs.
          Indeed. I'm just saying... he didn't "hate" her...
          sigpic

Comment

I think reason is... do we really want McKay to ascend?
            NOPE.

He is great for what he is.... that's main reason why they didn't go there.
            Ascended McKay woul prolly hurt show... we need him as he is now.

That's how i see it.
            VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Now we are back to the the kind of eps that makes me love this show! After a very dissapointing "Irresponsible" last week this was a great ep. Perhaps a bit too much focused on McKay though, like the idea that was said by someone earlier that they could have used two stoylines in this one to put some more focus on the others as well.

Great character moments, great humor, exploring the city, all that is needed for a great ep. Really liked the moments between McKay/Weir and McKay/Shep, we got a few of those here, and I really thought Ronon was more involved and animated here, liking him more and more this season! Obviously a bit predictable again at the end there, but it was done better than the last ep. This ep felt like some sort of mix with a few eps from SG1, mostly reminded me of my favorite "Fifth Race". But I still enjoyed it very much. Another great episode this season, not my top 5 this season, but just behind that pack. So many good to choose from it seems .

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz Lightyear View Post
                Tao Of Rodney is episode 3x15. Episode 14 was skipped over for some reason. Presumably, the out of order airing is just a programming oversight.
                Actually, no. Beckett is supposed to disappear in the episode Sunday, hence it would not make sense to run Sunday this week and have Beckett disappear, and have Beckett show up again, and then just disappear again. Sunday is going to show (if that's the episode he disappears in) right before Vengeance, after the Ark. The next episode is probably going to be Submersion and then the Game after the holidays. Then The Ark, then Sunday, then Vengeance, then, First Strike.
                http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by silence View Post
                  I think reason is... do we really want McKay to ascend?
                  NOPE.

He is great for what he is.... that's main reason why they didn't go there.
                  Ascended McKay woul prolly hurt show... we need him as he is now.

That's how i see it.
                  The whole point of the end of the episode was that Rodney could have Ascended. All he actually needs is another dose of Ascend-O-Machine and then wait 'til his synaptic activity reaches 97% and then go down to 0.3 Hz again.

Comment

What, you only hate unattractive people? I don't discriminate. I hate equally.

Comment

So, Rodney figured out tons of stuff and also how to reverse the effects. Apparentely, there was no damage to his body (well, major damage, anyway).

So whenever they need something brilliant, he could just revisit the machine, muck around for a day or two and then change back. Or better yet, have a whole bunch of people do it!

Of course, using it to actually Ascend is a whole other issue. We wouldn't want Kavanagh Ascending, but if they fail to, we can always reverse it. And Rodney figured out how to Ascend, anyway, so he could hold "How to Ascend for Dummies" seminars.

There's also the matter of it maybe turning people into oozing gloop, but Rodney's first time was successful. So unless it randomly turns people into gloop, at least he can use it again. If not, then just sacrifice a lesser being, like, some scientist of the soft sciences if you need some brilliant ideas quickly.

The point is, the writers should not forget about the machine. At least let us see it (or hear about it) being destroyed or something.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                        What, you only hate unattractive people? I don't discriminate. I hate equally.
                        No, we're talking about John, and so far he hasn't slept or flirted with anyone unnatractive. He may dissagree with Teer's philosophy, be he still finds her shaggable.
                        sigpic

Comment

EXTRA! EXTRA!

I've found the quote which wins the thread (from Gateworld's transcript of "Epiphany"):
                          TEER: Well, they came generations ago. I'm from a race of people who revered those who came before us, those who created this place.

IT'S CONCLUSIVE! THEY WERE NOT ANCIENTS AND JOHN KNEW THEY WEREN'T!

Stupid writers.

Again the writers made a big mistake. Those people weren't Ancients. At least they shouldn't have been.

The Ancients already knew how to Ascend normally. Yet they needed to use the Sanctuary even though they could evacuate through the Gate? Also, it took them "generations" to figure it out?

They'd also been in there for "generations". A generation inside of the field is a few years. They'd to have been in there for 2,500,000 years to make up for the 10,000 years between when the Ancients left and 'til now.

John also said all of the Ancients he'd met were arrogant and condescending. Those "Ancients" in "Epiphany" were stupid and helpless.

Bottom line is: Most people agree they were just random people who wandered in there; not Ancients.
                          Last edited by FallenAngelII; 12 December 2006, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by psychofilly View Post
                            No, we're talking about John, and so far he hasn't slept or flirted with anyone unnatractive. He may dissagree with Teer's philosophy, be he still finds her shaggable.
                            And I said: What, you don't think John can think attractive people are stupid?

Besides, this episode had lot of McShep hints, as usual (all of the new ones do!). He could've said it to make Rodney jealous . He probably thought she was attractive, was horny, had sex with her but afterwards realized she was a pansy wannabe (and stupid to boot).

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                              And I said: What, you don't think John can think attractive people are stupid?
                              That's not what you said.

He can find them stupid, but he can sleep with them anyway. Besides, he's gained a bit more insight into Ancients and Ascension since he was with Teer. He might not have been gung ho for ascending himself in Epiphany, but he seemed to genuinely like Teer. Now his views against ascension are even stronger, and I'm sure that colors his perceptions of her. I honestly don't think Shep would bag a babe he dissagreed so strongly with, though I might joke about it.

ETA: As for the McShep, I can't wait to see this ep. All the slashers I know are quite squeefull over the episode.
                              sigpic

Comment

man i was so sure that McKay was going to ascend and then take human form...but no he has to stay living lol... overall a good episode.. i loved it when he hugged Ronan and was like "hope you dont mind i just healed them" that was cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X