Tao of Rodney (314)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok Incase the thread didnt warn ya , Im talking about a a spoiler,

so click Back - Back - Back , Look away , look away , Now!!
    <<<
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <<

ok in tao, shaeppard an weir were at the table talking about rodney;s acension prob , an weir suggests that sheppard help cause he helped the ancients acend , an he said something about living with them for 6 mths???

When was this? did I miss something ? Cause I know there saying it Aired outta order , but in 'Sunday;; Ol shep dont like live w/ anicents does he?

ECHO28

Comment

no it was an season 2 episode called "epiphany" i guess you missed that one

Comment

I keep hearing references to Shep spending 6 months with Ancients trying to ascend, I'm totaly blanking on what ep that was can someone remind me.

Comment

Originally posted by ECHO28 View Post
          Ok Incase the thread didnt warn ya , Im talking about a a spoiler,

so click Back - Back - Back , Look away , look away , Now!!
          <<<
          <
          <
          <
          <
          <
          <<

ok in tao, shaeppard an weir were at the table talking about rodney;s acension prob , an weir suggests that sheppard help cause he helped the ancients acend , an he said something about living with them for 6 mths???

When was this? did I miss something ? Cause I know there saying it Aired outta order , but in 'Sunday;; Ol shep dont like live w/ anicents does he?
          In 'Epiphany' sheppard was in that time bubble with those people where time went alot faster, so 6 months to him would've only been a few days in the real world.

Comment

Originally posted by the old briar pipe View Post
            I have no words for this. Embarrassed to say I actually cried.

*wipes eyes*

It was just. There wasn't a single moment I didn't love. I cannot believe they made an ep like this. The only thing that would have improved it would be to have more Teyla.

And now it's finally true: Rodney McKay can heal puppies with his brain!
            It was a great episode. I also teared up - no doubt in much the same parts as you did.
            To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

Ok, I think I'm able to talk coherently again after watching the new ep. I actually cried while watching it, something that doesn't happen often when I watch a SciFi show! *g*

"The tao of Rodney" is from now on my new favourite episode of SGA, I think. Because it was really very good. It had everything in it I waited for for a long time, everything I already didn't expect to see anymore. Yes, this ep also had two or three moments I didn't like so much, but overall I love it, because it had a fantastic Rodney and great team moments in it.

Rodney's inner thoughts and his anxieties, how he uses science to hide his insecurities and fears. John helping Rodney with the ascension thing. The really serious whump this time (Ronon carrying Rodney!), including a bedside vigil, confessions, the open concern of Rodney's team/friends. Rodney going to all his friends, telling or showing them that he cares about them. And then they do the same in return and tell him that they care for him, too. Rodney saving Radek's life. Childhood stories.

Oh my, I'm seriously ridiculously happy about this episode!

David acts tremendously good in this episode! Poor man, I bet filming this episode wasn't easy. Not only because he's in it a lot and also has difficult scenes, but because he had to learn so many lines! Rodney not only talks three times as much as usual, he also says out loud what the others are thinking because he can read their minds! So David had to learn their lines too in a way. Good thing Rodney "blocked out the thoughts" of the others later, or David would have been the only person talking in this episode.

I bet the McWeir shippers go bonkers now, btw, because of the last scene.
              Not my cup of tea though, I'm not a McWeir shipper, but a McShep slasher, and hey, this episode had potential when I watch it with my slash goggles on. So many great moments between Rodney and John!

What I didn't like so much was how the team made fun of Rodney because he eats so much. That was really mean, especially since it wasn't teasing (which would have been bad enough) but a private talk between John, Teyla and Ronon.

And the big reset button at the end I didn't like, too: Rodney's recovered, and the first thing he does when he wakes up is to snark at his friends immediately, as always. I surely don't want a softspoken, docile McKay on the show, no, but wouldn't he be at least a bit confused or shaken after such a life-changing moment and not in full snark mode as soons as he opens his eyes?

Anyway, I think it was a fantastic episode with great team interactions.

9/10 stars from me.

Bye, A.
              ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
              ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Rabbit View Post
                I keep hearing references to Shep spending 6 months with Ancients trying to ascend, I'm totaly blanking on what ep that was can someone remind me.
                Epsiode number 2x12 "Epiphany"

Summary of Epiphany at GW

Bye, A.
                ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar View Post
                  Epsiode number 2x12 "Epiphany"

Summary of Epiphany at GW

Bye, A.
                  Thanks.

Comment

i have a question is tao of mckay ep 14?
                    cause i was under the impression that this Monday they were supposed to air ep 14 which was Sunday according to gateworld

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                      I honestly don't know what to make of this episode. It didn't play as well as I hoped it would, and it seemed very rushed.

As I said not sure how I feel about this one, I will need to re-watched it, it feels almost like half an idea or episode, I keep thinking there should have been more.

Pity the BIG RED RESET BUTTON gets pushed again by the end but *shugs* what you gonna do?
                      Actually, I disagree that the "reset button" was pushed. No doubt you're referring to Rodney surviving at the end. Though physically and mentally, he's back to his previous state, I believe his psyche has been changed dramatically and that evolution has remained intact.

In addition, during his "super Rodney" state, he managed to improve the ZPM power usage in Atlantis, strengthen the shields of the Daedalus, create a virtual prototype for a hyperspace generator for puddle jumpers, and invent a new math that will take Earth scientists decades to even begin to understand. The first three should have immediate ramifications in upcoming episodes.
                      To Infinity And Beyond!

Comment

Originally posted by just_tudy View Post
                        i have a question is tao of mckay ep 14?
                        cause i was under the impression that this Monday they were supposed to air ep 14 which was Sunday according to gateworld
                        Tao Of Rodney is episode 3x15. Episode 14 was skipped over for some reason. Presumably, the out of order airing is just a programming oversight.
                        To Infinity And Beyond!

Comment

Oh man, oh man. I just watched this episode (Tuesday mornings have become SGA mornings-- wee!) and I thought it was absolutely fantastic. I love that we're finally getting a little more backstory and development on the characters this season.

Zelenka, Zelenka, Zelenka. I'm so happy that we're seeing more and more of him, and I thought that he was fantastic in this episode (with the anecdotes of his childhood in the cold open-- Hah!)

I'm getting a bit tired of SGA becoming 'The Rodney Show', but I didn't mind it TOO much in this episode. I would have liked a little more Teyla though-- particularly during some of the meditation scenes.

Favorite scene? The infirmary and the donut! Fantastic.

(HAAAH Batman and Ronon.)

Spoiler:
                          Also, can someone explain exactly HOW they fixed the whole mess? I can't, for the life of me, figure out how just putting him back in the machine worked.
                          McKay : (incredibly high pitched) HEEEY! IT'S MISTER MOM! How are the kids??

Zelenka: Do not even SPEAK to me.

Comment

Originally posted by ata_beckett View Post
                            Also, can someone explain exactly HOW they fixed the whole mess?
                            According to McKay's explanation, the Ancient device didn't have any built-in way to reverse the genetic alteration procedure, i.e. no "undo" feature, because everyone's genetic structure is unique... bla bla bla. To me, this "flaw" of the Ancient technology is too convenient and only existed so they could ramp up the tension. In the end, McKay realized, while in his near-Ascension zen state that the machine just needed a precise reference point and using his stored blood sample (which exists for all Atlantis personnel), they were able to re-program the device to restore his genetic structure.

It seems highly improbable that Ancient scientists didn't have the foresight to take genetic "snapshots" of everyone on whom they decided to use a gene manipulation device, but hey, I can overlook that plot contrivance because the overall episode was so good.
                            To Infinity And Beyond!

Comment

Ooooh, I see.

There was just a lot of technobabble at the end there, and all I could think was 'HOW did they push the big red reset button THIS time?'
                              McKay : (incredibly high pitched) HEEEY! IT'S MISTER MOM! How are the kids??

Zelenka: Do not even SPEAK to me.

Comment

WhooHoo! That was good. Rodney was a wee bit too annoying...but then he also realised how annoying he was towards the end, so I guess that makes sense. I probably wouldn't have noticed the "Rodney, rodney, rodney" of this episode if I hadn't turned on my TV expecting "Sunday".

And there was Zalenka!!! Yay!

Favourite part: anything to do with Ronon, especially "Can I shoot him now?" and the physical healing hug...followed of course by the "my family" hug at the end

One other thing that I loved was that John was busy pointing out how arrogant and annoying the ancients are/were but Weir hasn't fallen out of love with them yet. It was an interesting character note.

Originally posted by TJuk View Post
                                Yep, as the rumoured reason for the switch is...

Spoiler:
                                Carson is killed off/disappears in 'Sunday' but the actor, Paul McGillion, talked about being in at least Toa and The Ark, so it wouldn't have made sense to air 'Sunday' first...

I believe someone posted that 'Sunday' will air as ep 17/18 on one of the assicoated rumour threads, so after Xmas in Canada as next week is the last ep before it returns in the New Year.
                                Hmm, that's an interesting thing. If it's true, at least somebody caught it before airing!

Originally posted by the old briar pipe View Post
                                I have no words for this. Embarrassed to say I actually cried.

*wipes eyes*
                                Me too! I started getting weepy when Zalenka got hurt (not Radek!Noooo) and then when Rodney collapsed...wow...just the acceptance of his fate in his eyes... *sniff*

Originally posted by sgeureka View Post
                                I have nothing bad to say about this episode, other than the general "TPTB didn't mix the team very much". Don't get me wrong, most of the scenes were very funny, but I was waiting for the logical conclusion to put McKay with Teyla for meditation, not Sheppard. It was a live-and-death situation after all.

And I know TPTB would never change McKay's attitude in future episodes (they would be stupid if they did), but I wasn't expecting McKay to be back to being a jerk right at the end of this episode. I can't say if it would have worked better to end this ep with a I'mSorry!McKay like in Trinity and only cut back to Jerk!McKay next episode.

<snip>
                                I actually thought the meditation stuff worked better with Shep. I get the feeling that Rodney and Teyla aren't very close. Plus her people have never ascended and meditation is not all the same, so it made sense to me that the ascending meditation "expert" would be more involved.

I also felt a little taken aback by normal-McKay at the end, but when I stop to think about it...he's done all his sorry/"I really care"/"I did this for you" stuff during the episode and had the response from the team. I think that's why he made such a deal about Elizabeth saying "We love you". He had the acceptance of how awful he is sometimes followed by his attempts to make ammends followed by the reassurance that his friends love him even with his faults.
                                Visit these links:
                                Doctors without Borders --- Amnesty International --- ICotRC --- UNICEF --- Oxfam
                                ______________________________________________________________________________

In the democracy of the dead all men at last are equal.
                                There is neither rank nor station nor prerogative in the republic of the grave.
                                ~John James Ingalls

Geek Forever!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X