No announcement yet.

Tao of Rodney (314)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Six months was actually something like a few hours in the real world.
    McKay : (incredibly high pitched) HEEEY! IT'S MISTER MOM! How are the kids??

Zelenka: Do not even SPEAK to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
      I honestly don't know what to make of this episode. It didn't play as well as I hoped it would, and it seemed very rushed.
      What you said. I liked it a great deal, but I'm not experiencing the levels of "squee" I'm seeing from my friends who are diehard Rodney fans. I keep hearing "favorite episode EVAH" type comments, and I'm still far too much in love with "Phantoms" for that to work for me.

What I did love were Rodney's attempts to make things right with everyone. I loved all of that, from the tea ceremony to his apology to Radek, but especially, especially his healing Ronon's scars--and making sure it was all right before he did anything. The shortness of his "goodbye" with Carson bothered me. But then again, I think he's got a fairly close friendship with Carson as well as John, and he didn't need to say anything to John so it works for me that he would have the same kind of reaction with Carson.

LOVED him insisting on Elizabeth's affections for him at the end. ;-)

All in all, a good episode, and one that grows on me as I think about it--which is usually the best test for me. Rewatchability is a huge factor in my mind, and this definitely has that. Not my absolute favorite by a long shot, but another episode that helps make up for Season 2. (And you knew this was coming--one more graphic exhibit of why they need Carson in Atlantis.)
      sigpic

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
      ~~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

I am so glad I wasn't the only one that got teary eyed (aw heck, okay, I cried!) in this ep. That's a rare thing, I just don't cry at tv shows very much.

Fantastic episode! More team and character moments then you can shake a stick at. *is very happy*

current mood: Content!!
        sigpic
        My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

Originally posted by SGAFan View Post
          I am so glad I wasn't the only one that got teary eyed (aw heck, okay, I cried!) in this ep. That's a rare thing, I just don't cry at tv shows very much.

Fantastic episode! More team and character moments then you can shake a stick at. *is very happy*

current mood: Content!!
          Oh ok, I cried too!
          sigpic

Comment

I just watched the episode again, and I couldn't believe it when I saw that they screwed up again regarding the German flag uniform patch! They already did that wrong in another epsiode in season three, the patch was upside down the whole time then. It was a soldier in that ep who wore the patch the wrong way, now it was a scientist, right in the very first scene.

We actually laughed about the flag mistake with Paul McGillion at a German con a few weeks ago. He, who has nothing to do with that of course, was actually a bit embarrassed that something like that had happened.
            And now the costume department made that wrong again. How hard can it be? It's 'black red gold', not the other way round.

Bye, A.
            ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
            ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

I liked this episode very much.

Loved how McKay went about trying to make sure everything's settled and okay with his 'family'. I liked Dr. Weir trying to guide him through the process and assuring him that he was a good person. I think everyone know's McKay's ego and him mouth compensate for his feelings about himself, but it was nice to hear Elizabeth say it out loud and reassure him. I was especially tickled with him teasing her at the end and writing a book about her. Someone's got a crush I think.

Good to see Zelenka quite a bit in this ep, and the thoughtful side of McKay. The ceremony for Teyla's father and the scars on Ronon's back were considerations I'd not thought McKay would notice.

I'm not surprised we got the same old McKay back so quickly, though, so that didn't bother me.

Overall, a very enjoyable episode, and for me, at least, a vast improvement over last week's show. I sincerely hope, though, that we get these kinds of character episodes for ALL the cast. I liked this one, but it would be nice to spread the love and show us more of the other characters as well.
              Sig by Camy

Comment

Originally posted by majortrip View Post
                I liked this episode very much.

Loved how McKay went about trying to make sure everything's settled and okay with his 'family'. I liked Dr. Weir trying to guide him through the process and assuring him that he was a good person. I think everyone know's McKay's ego and him mouth compensate for his feelings about himself, but it was nice to hear Elizabeth say it out loud and reassure him. I was especially tickled with him teasing her at the end and writing a book about her. Someone's got a crush I think.

Good to see Zelenka quite a bit in this ep, and the thoughtful side of McKay. The ceremony for Teyla's father and the scars on Ronon's back were considerations I'd not thought McKay would notice.

I'm not surprised we got the same old McKay back so quickly, though, so that didn't bother me.

Overall, a very enjoyable episode, and for me, at least, a vast improvement over last week's show. I sincerely hope, though, that we get these kinds of character episodes for ALL the cast. I liked this one, but it would be nice to spread the love and show us more of the other characters as well.
                I agree. This was wonderful, but I'd like to see my favourite character get something similar down the line too!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nonniemous View Post
                  The shortness of his "goodbye" with Carson bothered me. But then again, I think he's got a fairly close friendship with Carson as well as John, and he didn't need to say anything to John so it works for me that he would have the same kind of reaction with Carson.
                  (And you knew this was coming--one more graphic exhibit of why they need Carson in Atlantis.)
                  Since I think it is no secret any more that Carson will be leaving the show one way or the other, I guess they are saving some of that for the aftermath of his departure.

Just a thought.

SAVE CARSON!!!
                  twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                  sigpic

Comment

A whole lot better than Irresponsible that's for sure. Some great character moments in this episode, Rodney was hilarious and it was a fun episode. Not a big fan of the story, the whole deal with ascension was done to death in SG-1. I am actually surprised that SG:A hasn't really dealt with it until now.

I also had a hard time to suspend disbelief when it came to Rodney dying, I mean, you KNOW he wasn't going to die, also it was pretty obvious that he wasn't going to keep his powers, the end felt kind of rushed and of course the big fat reset button.

Good:
                    - I liked that they are exploring the city.
                    - Zelenka is a great character.
                    - I like that they mentioned that the ancients from "The Return"
                    - I like that they referenced old SG-1 episodes
                    - Was funny.
                    - McKay was over the top at times but it worked in this episode.

Not so good:
                    - A little too McKay focused, should maybe had two story lines in this episode, felt kind of empty in this sense.
                    - I did not like the idea with the Ascension machine or the fact that you could measure how close someone is to Ascension. It sort of belittles everything the Ancients are, almost retcon. Reminds me of the deal with the midicloriands (sp?) in the new Star Wars movies.
                    - Too much like "The Fifth Race": ancient device causes character to become powerful but also almost kills him.
                    - The end felt kind of rushed.
                    - No continuation, what's up with the wraiths, the replicators, what about the midway station?

All in all it was a hard episode to dislike, it was funny, the storyline didn't really work for me but I know a lot of people will love it, some great character moments.
                    We're whalers on the moon,
                    We carry a harpoon.
                    But there ain't no whales
                    So we tell tall tales
                    And sing our whaling tune.

Comment

I totally didn't catch it before, but there's this great little moment in the cafeteria, right after Rodney overhears everyone talking about him, when he telekinetically moves his tablet to his hand without noticing.

HAH!
                      McKay : (incredibly high pitched) HEEEY! IT'S MISTER MOM! How are the kids??

Zelenka: Do not even SPEAK to me.

Comment

John called the morons in "Epiphany" "a bunch of pansy wannabes". Hah! He hates Teer, too! XD

Ignore the fact that he later says she's attractive. He probably thought she was an attractive pansy wannabe.
                        Last edited by FallenAngelII; 12 December 2006, 11:04 AM.

Comment

ok... i didn't read comments, so here is what i think.
                          i loved it.

it's all i want from SGA... character moments, humor, exploration of city...
                          yes, it was Rodney-centric, but it was great. i'll watch it again after reading comments here.

i loved all the comments about Ancients, about team members... how McKay acted... it was all i like in SGA.

i wish we can get more eps like this one.
                          VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Why didn't they just go back to whatever planet Chaya lives on to ask her to tell Rodney how to Ascend? They could at least entertain the idea and come to the conclusion it'd be breaking rules or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                              Why didn't they just go back to whatever planet Chaya lives on to ask her to tell Rodney how to Ascend? They could at least entertain the idea and come to the conclusion it'd be breaking rules or whatever.
                              MHOs
                              1. They (the writers) forgot about her.
                              2. It would be too easy.
                              3. The actress wasn't available

Comment

Oh I dunno... he said she was attractive...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X