Sunday (317)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
    You need to post SPOILER WARNING in your thread title. Also, there are threads for Sunday already.
    While the situation has been remedied, Nola's post is still highly relevant. Anyone NOT posting directly in an episode discussion thread had bloody well better make sure that all due spoiler warnings are implemented. Some spoiler tags would not be remiss, either.

Read, understand and OBEY the rules of the forum before you post ANYTHING.

Comment

Yes, I am a n00b and did not know all of this and I am also chronically fatigued, so I did not read all the rules yes, also I could not find my way through the bush that is all the forumthreads and did not find the right place to put my thread in (English is only my second language)... I will refrain from posting on these forums in the future, for it is to complicated for me, I just wanted to share my feelings...

Comment

There's nothing wrong with sharing your feelings as long as you understand how to share them. There's a time and a place for everything... and if something is out of place and at the wrong time it can make it messy for other people, that's all.

Comment

I liked this episode it didn't really hit me that carson died until the end with the music and the main cast bring him through the gate ...i started to cry

Comment

Originally posted by Loki78 View Post
            Yes, I am a n00b and did not know all of this and I am also chronically fatigued,
            speaking of chronically fatigued, I am in a world of hurt at work today since I stayed up all night! >sigh< Gateworld is such a waste of time...but it's fun. g'night y'all, going to get 2 hours of sleep...

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
            You need to post SPOILER WARNING in your thread title. Also, there are threads for Sunday already.
            Hang on...Before I go, does ANYONE browsing Gateworld forums NOT know about Carson? I mean, excluding blind people and small puppies?? Spoilers are everywhere before you even reach inside the thread, including....

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
            There's nothing wrong with sharing your feelings as long as you understand how to share them. There's a time and a place for everything... and if something is out of place and at the wrong time it can make it messy for other people, that's all.
            ...in ShadowMaat's sig ("They came for Ford, they came for Carson, they came for Weir...") This entire thread is already chock full of spoilers waaay before Loki78 arrived. Don't feel badly, Loki, the precedent was set before you got here!
            ~~~~~
            sigpic
            http://www.mepis.org

Comment

You are Carson, responsible for saving the lives of a number of the main characters. You love fishing. You go around asking a few people if they'd want to go fishing with you. They all turn you down . Then when you die they do a big hoopla about it. Would I want friends like that ?
              If someone ever saved my life I'd put up (hehe that's a good one ) with going fishing once in a half moon with him. BTW totally dug how fishing was handled on SG-1 .Nevermind. Rip .

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                Although one thing has been bothering me, I know Ronon is not US military but of course John is and he is the Leader of said Military in Atlantis so where the heck did DADT go???? Should John have even been asking or referring to "a man" at all? Yes I know it is a show and no John never struck me as by the book, but still people get thrown out of the US military for admitting to being gay every dam day! I just think it was an odd thing for John to ask given how homophobic some of the US military rules are.
                Uh, those were two friends just shooting the breeze and I just snorted at that question because Sheppard probably realizes how little he really knows about Ronon, and this IS an entirely different galaxy which has different religions/beliefs/practices. I saw the remark as something the writers just slip in for humor (or to tease slash fans, who knows?) and since Ronon isn't in the U.S. military, there's no rules against asking the question. Heck, Shep could easily have asked 'you don't sacrifice gerbils at the high moon, do you, in your spare time?' just as easily

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                  Uh, those were two friends just shooting the breeze and I just snorted at that question because Sheppard probably realizes how little he really knows about Ronon, and this IS an entirely different galaxy which has different religions/beliefs/practices. I saw the remark as something the writers just slip in for humor (or to tease slash fans, who knows?) and since Ronon isn't in the U.S. military, there's no rules against asking the question. Heck, Shep could easily have asked 'you don't sacrifice gerbils at the high moon, do you, in your spare time?' just as easily
                  I know all of that, I was wondering if the DADT regs actually mean anything in this situation. Either way, it seems odd Sheppard is the one to ask, joking or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                    I know all of that, I was wondering if the DADT regs actually mean anything in this situation. Either way, it seems odd Sheppard is the one to ask, joking or not.
                    Quick question...why would it be odd? Because Sheppard is in the military and shouldn't use the word gay, or ask a friend who's not in the military or even of the same planet is gay? He was bonding with him, and since Ronon didn't reply about the seeing anyone when he mentioned a woman, so he was probably curious...

Comment

Originally posted by jeterfan View Post
                      ...in ShadowMaat's sig ("They came for Ford, they came for Carson, they came for Weir...") This entire thread is already chock full of spoilers waaay before Loki78 arrived. Don't feel badly, Loki, the precedent was set before you got here!
                      I also "announce" in my sig that Joe F and David H are leaving and that Lorne is next on the chopping block. As far as I know, none of those are currently true. Who's to say where the facts stop and the speculation begins?

Comment

Originally posted by jeterfan View Post
                        This entire thread is already chock full of spoilers waaay before Loki78 arrived. Don't feel badly, Loki, the precedent was set before you got here!
                        Loki's post was originally not in this thread -- she/he started a new thread in the main S3 forum. The mods merged Loki's thread with this one after people complained.
                        Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
                        Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
                        -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

My God it's terrible to lose Carson.

I sincerely loved his character so very much.

Still, I have hope that he can come back to guest star in future episodes. My take on what happened to him is that the Ancients felt a little remorse over Carson dieing to what is tantamount of an Ancient landmine. Because that's kind of how I see what the device created - the bomb that forms inside people, kind of like a land mine.

I am going to miss Carson on the show.

Comment

I skipped the last 10 pages of this thread because...come on! 30. FRACKING. PAGES.

Anyway, did anyone else realize that Carson was the only constant in every "story"? He was the only other regular in Weir's story, and was present as part of Shep and Ronan's, Teyla's (short) story, and of course, Rodney's story.

This episode was for Beckett from the very beginning IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                              I skipped the last 10 pages of this thread because...come on! 30. FRACKING. PAGES.

Anyway, did anyone else realize that Carson was the only constant in every "story"? He was the only other regular in Weir's story, and was present as part of Shep and Ronan's, Teyla's (short) story, and of course, Rodney's story.

This episode was for Beckett from the very beginning IMHO.
                              Yes I did realize that, and that makes me mad -- they wrote an entire episode just for the purpose of killing off a character!

Maybe there is a larger reason for writing out Beckett that will become apparent in the future -- but I'm not holding my breath for it.
                              Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
                              Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
                              -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

OK there is one thing that I noticed in this episode that has been bothering me. In the scene where Rodney chews out Hewston and Watson we discover that they had been exposed to a machine that was giving off some sort of radiation. At this point Carson says there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with them but they should check back in 24 hours. The next day, Sunday, Carson sees Watson at the "driving range" where Watson says his stomach has been feeling weird. Carson tells him that this is his day off and go tell Dr. Cole in the infirmary. My problem with this is that even though it was Carson's day off I think that he would have been a little more concerned and proactive when the guy exposed to Ancient radiation tells him that something doesn't feel right. Do you think the writers put this in there to make Carson feel guilty about not helping the guy earlier and therefore explain his actions at the end (in addition to the whole hypocratic oath concept)? The whole thing just doesn't feel right with Carson being so indifferent to the guy when there was a very good reason to pay attention to him.

Comment

Working...
                                X