No announcement yet.

Echoes (312)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're right about Beckett, which is why I was confused. I just went back to the episode transcript, however, and I answered my own question. I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention. Thanks for the input, though, maxbo.

CALDWELL: The sick patients have been beamed up. Our Infirmary’s filled.

WEIR: Thank you. Unfortunately, more people are falling ill down here, so it’s not really making much of a dent.
    ^That's before no-name (okay technically he's Bell) died.

Comment

ZPM stregnthened shields can withstand anything. And with it they could come pick up SG-1 a lot quicker with it boosting the hyperdrive.

Comment

Originally posted by kvasir 2.0 View Post
        ZPM stregnthened shields can withstand anything. And with it they could come pick up SG-1 a lot quicker with it boosting the hyperdrive.
        Err...what episode were you watching?
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

This was handsdown my favourite episode of Season 3. Absolutely fantastic - great plot - kept me guessing, great use of all the characters and wonderful interaction between them. It just felt really whole as an episode, everything I wanted was there. The mix of humour and imminent peril was particularly spot on for me too. The infirmary scenes after McKay and Shep had their ear-drums perforated were cracking!

My reviewing skills leave much to be desired, so I'll leave with a simple, "ECHOES ROCKED"!

Comment

I agree...this episode was really, really good. I loved it when John carried Elizabeth; I think that's really sweet. And, Ronon was really sweet with Teyla. It's great that they're building up the relationships between the team members.

I got a little bit freaked by the Ancient woman, which is a tribute to how well they did it! I stopped being freaked when I found out what was going on.

Great episode; keep them coming!
            Newbiegater

Save Stargate Sg-1!

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16, NIV

Comment

This is one of my favorite eps of the season. Along with Progeny and Submersion, because the writers use Weir! That's a cause for celebration in my head, anyway.

Now, of all the things I love about this ep [most of which are too shipp-ish to mention, for fear of causing mass illness], the one criticism I have is this. Why didn't they beam the whales away? Caldwell spent most of his time in this ep beaming up the ill crewmembers, filling up his infirmary- but before they knew about the impending disaster, when all they knew was that the whales were making everyone sick, why didn't they use that cool Asgard beam [one of the few tech advances TPTB have allowed the show to keep] to transport the whales to the other side of the planet? Or at least a safe distance away from the city?
              'I am frightened that the flame of hate will burn me
              will scorch my pride, scar my heart
              It will burn and I cannot put it out...'

Sig by Falcon Horus- thank you!

my LJ of squee *myspace of angst * my fic of random

My OTP forever, by Stef, who is awesome:
              Spoiler:

Thanks, Stef!

Comment

Because it's probably easier to beam people aboard, then it is a whale. Not sure, but I think they first have to be beamed aboard before beamed elsewhere (like Ford in The Siege III).

And every member of the expedition has a subcutaneous transmitter implanted in their arms, making it easier to locate and beam.

TPTB didn't think of that at the time.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good point. I suppose I'm thinking of Star Trek's transporter, because they stored the particles or whatever in a buffer indefinitely before remateralizing it somewhere else. They didn't need to beam from one point to the ship and then to another, it was a site-to-site sort of thing.

I hadn't thought of Ford, and of course, you're right- he was beamed to the ship first and then down to the city, so maybe that was the problem with my suggestion. A whale the size of a football field [and that was the baby, Sam, wasn't it?] would cause some trouble appearing on the Daedalus!
                  'I am frightened that the flame of hate will burn me
                  will scorch my pride, scar my heart
                  It will burn and I cannot put it out...'

Sig by Falcon Horus- thank you!

my LJ of squee *myspace of angst * my fic of random

My OTP forever, by Stef, who is awesome:
                  Spoiler:

Thanks, Stef!

Comment

I love "Echoes"! It's actually my favourite episode of Atlantis so far.

Comment

I like Echoes too, a lot. It is my favourite SGA season 3 episode.

And the reason I like it is because the team has to deal with a dangerous situation that they don't understand and that the solution doesn't involve any explosion or gun fire scenes.
                      I am a pacifist and agaisnt weapons when not really necessary, so I guess that's how I like it.

And the idea was new and original too, as far as I know. Almost all the episodes until now were focused on fighting the wraith, meeting people that we don't know much about and that were culled by the wraith. But this ep is different, it doesn't involve the enemy, it happens at their door step, and it is still interesting even if no lethal force is required.

This ep shows me that the actors can do a great job in drama-like episodes, when they don't have to run around with guns or blow things up. So this is a green point for the actors. For the writers may be too, but considering that there are not much episodes of this sort, I wouldn't give it to them yet.

Great job!
                      sigpic

Comment

Liked Echoes...didn't love it. It seemed to move a little slowly.

For some reason everyone calling the creatures whales when, in fact, they were fish(as Rodney discovered in the data base) ticked me off.

Liked that Rodney was so happy to see his "friend" again.

Some good Teyla/Ronan interaction. They have a tight bond as the two non-Earth people on Atlantis.

John and Rodney infirmary scene was cute.

Caldwell is hard core....Let's just kill them.

Comment

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
                          Liked Echoes...didn't love it. It seemed to move a little slowly.

For some reason everyone calling the creatures whales when, in fact, they were fish(as Rodney discovered in the data base) ticked me off.

Liked that Rodney was so happy to see his "friend" again.

Some good Teyla/Ronan interaction. They have a tight bond as the two non-Earth people on Atlantis.

John and Rodney infirmary scene was cute.

Caldwell is hard core....Let's just kill them.
                          Aww! I wanted to smack Caldwell across the head when he suggested that!

And I like that they called them whales rather than fish- since, you know, whales sound cuter, and there's nothing weirder than a cute loveable "villain" that you really want to live. Every show should have at least one episode with whales, I hope "Sam" shows up again. There's no way the writers could resist an introduction between Sam and "Sam" in season four.

I love seeing lots of regular Atlantis life, the scene with them in the infirmiry beds was priceless. The shouting was funny and not over-extended, liked the little cap-off of that at the end with Weir.

I loved it, I can see why some wouldn't though. I thought there was lots of nice stuff here for all of the characters.

Comment

They are not whales they are FISH!

Lol classic Epsiode with a clever and intresting story which we would NEVER have gottern on SG-1.

I am glad they revisted the Whales. And we got some more details about them. Such as how they are fish not wahles and that the ancients use to communicate with them and where learning each others languages. Which is a nice way of showing who the ancients introduced and communicated with other Sentiant life forms Humanoid or not (not in this case).

The Bubble talk noises where good as was the burnt man. The CGI looked sweet. At some points the whales looked alittle stiff (especailly when tail slapping)

Anyways a gd, fun epsiode and diffrent epsiode.
                            Finally Caldwell would upset the aliens from that Star Trek film with his "kill the whales" speech. lol classic Caldwell!
                            sigpic
                            Banner Made By Me for Me
                            The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

After the previous episode, I wasn't expecting much from this episode, but thankfully I was wrong.

I was expecting something akin to "Star Trek 4" (I'm sorry, I still think that's the worst Star Trek film. I'm a huge Star Trek fan and always have been, so please don't think I hate Star Trek. I just think it's such a huge departure from all the other films and somewhat embarrassing in a lot of places. Although it did have some good bits, I'll give you that). I was pleasantly surprised that the episode actually turned into something of a ghost story, for half the episode at least. It was really unsettling, especially when Teyla has the second hallucination and that burns victim steps out from behind a door. While this episode wasn't as scary as SG-1's "Legacy" (which still freaks me out!), it did still unsettle me a lot as I wondered what scary stuff would happen next.

It was rather interesting as the episode went on. I was expecting the whales to attack Atlantis. But they're actually heading for Atlantis both for protection and to warn them about the impending solar eruption. I thought this was a neat twist, although the basic "Whales trying to speak to tell us we're in great danger" thing sorta reminds me of stuff like "Flipper", "Lassie" or "Skippy The Bush Kangaroo".

One other thing I found hugely irritating and hard to believe was the fact that after last week's episode, they finally had all the ZPMs they need only they've given them away! I just couldn't believe that! All these years they've been going on about "Oh, if only we had more ZPMs we could power the shield, dial Earth, cloak the city etc." They totally throw that all out the window and I was right with Rodney for flooding Weir's inbox with e-mails complaining about this. What were the reasons again? They gave one to the Antarctic outpost on Earth and one to the Odyssey to fight the Ori (how exactly, I have no idea. I guess I'll find out in a later SG-1 episode). I'm so glad this came back to haunt them (excuse the pun!) later when Rodney tells Weir that if they hadn't given away the ZPMs, they'd have been able to protect Atlantis and most of the planet. I loved Weir's look of, "Oh man, I'm such a doofus!" In fact, I think they doubly stuffed themselves up because if they'd had all the ZPMs and hadn't shot-up the stardrive, they probably could've just taken off and flown away from the solar flare (although obviously that would've fried the whales, not to mention the Athosians on the mainland who seemed to be strangely forgotten in this episode! I'm guessing they've decided to stay on the planet they moved to in the previous episode).

Anyway, overall not one of the best episodes. But not one of the worst either.
                              sigpic

Comment

Or they could have taken the fully stocked with ZPM city up and used it's shields like the dadelus did..

Comment

Working...
                                X