Echoes (312)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
    I didn't tape the episode and can't double check, but I thought there was a minor history error in a scene with Sheppard and McKay that I think was in the BioLab. McKay makes some kind of comment about the Ancients not doing something and Sheppard says, "because they were at war with the Wraith." This is supposed to have happened 15000 years ago and the Wraith/Ancient war started approximately 10100 years ago.
    Tsk, tsk...you would think after all this time Sheppard would brush up on Ancient history.
    sigpic
    Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
      I still love this episode the second time around.
      Original and everyone had a part.
      Teyla and Ronon were awesome and yeah, my inner shipper liked their scenes.
      WHALES!!! They were awesome.
      Sheppard came up with the plan and I loved that.
      I also loved the humor.
      You know everytime I see this ep and hear Zelenka say "Whales?" I can't help but seeing Scotty saying in ST:IV "Admiral there be whales here!"
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
        Tsk, tsk...you would think after all this time Sheppard would brush up on Ancient history.
        And that is the reason tptb will use, that it is just Sheppard not knowing or remembering. So really if true, and to be honest I don't pay that much attention to these things, it is not a mistake it is just a lack of knowledge or memory on Sheppard's part.

A bit like me right now.

Comment

Just finished rewatching, and I have to say, this is one of my favorite episodes, and definately one of the best this season. Lots of awesome things. All of the characters had good moments. I would definately give it at least a 9 out of 10. The solution bugged me a little because it depended so much on chance - if the eruption from the sun had not shut down at that precise moment, everyone would have been dead. And Heightmeyer as a redhead? Not so impressed.

Those two nitpicks aside, everything else was excellent. Enjoyed the whale storyline - I had been wondering if we would ever learn anything more about the creature from Grace Under Pressure. And I've always thought more ocean exploration stories would be cool. Loved Rodney so happy and excited about his whale friend, and John harassing him about it. John and Rodney had a lot of great moments here...taking off to go play in the jumper, yelling in the infirmary, snarking at each other in the lab, fighting over whether John's idea was a good one or not. Elizabeth handles the two of them so well, and I so enjoy watching the three of them together.

Watching Elizabeth is bittersweet nowdays. I'm just trying not to think about it too much. I know she's made some mistakes during the course of the series, but part of why I enjoy her character is her love for the city and her dedication to her people. TH is a wonderful actress and I'm going to miss her character being in charge.

Teyla and Ronan also had a lot of good moments. I'm not a shipper, but you could certainly build a strong case for Teyla/Ronan ship based on this episode. There was more between the two of them here than I've seen in any other couple so far, especially in the infirmary scene.

Overall a fantastic episode...definitely one that I will be rewatching frequently.
          Last edited by Killdeer; 22 April 2007, 06:39 AM.
          - Life after Stargate -
          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
          sigpic

Comment

sorry if this was mentioned and answered before, but i have a question/complaint: why did it fall to rodney to find out about the whales? altantis has ppl who study plants, you'd think they'd bring along ppl who study animals. one of them should have seen the whale first, and then alerted rodney to it. that way, his involvement would have made sense, coz he would have taken a personal interest in them

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
            Great episode! For once the ptb had every character doing something! Everybody got involved, which was great for me.

YES!!! exactly. i was told that this ep was really good, but it lived up to my expectations.

LOL at rodney and shep shouting coz of their ears, and weir doing it at the end

i felt bad for teyla when she was walking down the hall and got the overload of ancient hologram-things, but it was nice to see ronon there to help
            "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
            "what?"
            *throat punch*
            My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
            LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
              sorry if this was mentioned and answered before, but i have a question/complaint: why did it fall to rodney to find out about the whales? altantis has ppl who study plants, you'd think they'd bring along ppl who study animals. one of them should have seen the whale first, and then alerted rodney to it. that way, his involvement would have made sense, coz he would have taken a personal interest in them
              I quite enjoyed this episode the second time around I think one of Rodney's scientists might have mentioned the whale, and Rodney, having previous history with said whale, just HAD to check it out. I mean, he doesn't have a cat anymore and he named the whale "Sam", so...

Comment

Anyone got any decent pictures of the Flagecallus?
                The Doctor: [leafing through a teen magazine] That won't last. He's gay and she's an alien.

Carter: You saying that it could be boobytraped?
                Teal'C: Booby?

May the Force Be With You

Comment

I loved this episode the second and third time around....

Highlights:

Rodney, John, Zelenka....AWESOME!
                  Elizabeth thanking John and Zelenka at the end...Too Cute!
                  Rodney and his Whale friend...Watch out Katie!
                  Teyla and Ronon having their sibling moments....Heartwrenchingly Beautiful!
                  Ronon stepping back when John rushes over to see Teyla in the infirmary just like he did in the Return Part 1 to give them space to say their goodbyes..Truly Revealing and Emotional!
                  John glancing back at Teyla determined to find the solution....Brilliant!
                  The visual effects....FANTASTIC!
                  The overall look and feel of the episode....Magnificent!
                  Teyla figuring out everything before any of them did....PRICELESS!

Very good episode!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camy View Post
                    Teyla and Ronon having their sibling moments....Heartwrenchingly Beautiful!
                    While I think Ronon and Teyla like each other quite a bit, I don't think their scenes were exactly "siblingesque". It feels like TPTB are hinting at a possible "ship" and want to see how the audience reacts to it. I think they are very sweet together, but I don't think they act like bro/sis. It feels a bit beyond that.

Ronon stepping back when John rushes over to see Teyla in the infirmary just like he did in the Return Part 1 to give them space to say their goodbyes..Truly Revealing and Emotional!
                    What good byes? I didn't see any deathbed angst. I saw Sheppard take a quick check with Ronon to see if Teyla was okay, then he simply left to get on with his work. I didn't see anything "revealing and emotional" in that scene at all.

Teyla figuring out everything before any of them did....PRICELESS!
                    She did? Teyla came up with the, whales are transmitting visions from the past so we can raise shields and protect them from the solar flare? Hmmm. Coulda sworn Rodney figured that one.

Comment

Originally posted by GateLadyM View Post
                      While I think Ronon and Teyla like each other quite a bit, I don't think their scenes were exactly "siblingesque". It feels like TPTB are hinting at a possible "ship" and want to see how the audience reacts to it. I think they are very sweet together, but I don't think they act like bro/sis. It feels a bit beyond that.
                      Everybody sees what they like to see. Like Camy I can only see a sibling-relationship.

Originally posted by GateLadyM
                      She did? Teyla came up with the, whales are transmitting visions from the past so we can raise shields and protect them from the solar flare? Hmmm. Coulda sworn Rodney figured that one.
                      She did make a connection to Sam the Whale and her first visions. That's something to think about. She may not have solved the issue but she did trigger a chain of events that would eventually lead to Rodney discovering what was really going on.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        Everybody sees what they like to see. Like Camy I can only see a sibling-relationship.
                        Whether it was sibling or 'ship, I saw a lot more concern from Ronan for Teyla than from John. John just seemed worried about a member of his team IMO. I'm not saying I thought he didn't care-I just didn't see anything special about it. But I'm not a shipper. And like you said, everyone sees what they want to see.

She did make a connection to Sam the Whale and her first visions. That's something to think about. She may not have solved the issue but she did trigger a chain of events that would eventually lead to Rodney discovering what was really going on.
                        I don't know - Teyla was pretty fixated on it being the Ancestors trying to send them a message. Rodney was excited about "Sam" and would have continued investigating and found the lab with or without Teyla. At least that's the way I saw it. I liked Teyla in this, don't get me wrong. Her reactions to the ghosts show just how strongly her beliefs in the Ancestors are still ingrained in her, even after all this time with the Atlantis team. It was a good episode for Teyla. But I really don't think she had anything to do with the solution - Rodney would have found it anyway because of his interest in the whales.

Just my opinion!
                        Last edited by Killdeer; 23 April 2007, 04:24 PM.
                        - Life after Stargate -
                        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
                          A good episode, at one point I was almost hoping Carson would say in his Scottish accent, "There be whales here!!"

I didn't tape the episode and can't double check, but I thought there was a minor history error in a scene with Sheppard and McKay that I think was in the BioLab. McKay makes some kind of comment about the Ancients not doing something and Sheppard says, "because they were at war with the Wraith." This is supposed to have happened 15000 years ago and the Wraith/Ancient war started approximately 10100 years ago. I am right or did I mishear the comment? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
                          I'm really not sure on my Atlantean history, but as far as I know, the war ended 10,000 years ago, when they moved to Earth. Does it ever say how long the war went for? I know 5,000 years is a long time for a war, but we are talking about the time it took the Wraith to dominate an entire galaxy, so I imagine it would be somewhat lengthy. Just a thought.
                          sigpic
                          My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                            Teyla was pretty fixated on it being the Ancestors trying to send them a message.
                            Which they did, through the whales...

It was a whale-o-gram.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode. I'm confused on something however, and if it's something I missed I'm hoping someone can help me out.

Why would Beckett let the no-name die of an aneurism? I know they weren't to the point where everybody would jump ship and abandon Atlantis, but why weren't the ones that were growing seriously ill from the whales beamed aboard the Daedalus temporarily as a precaution?

Comment

Hmmm, I have to watch this episode again, but I was under the impression that they either didn't realize the magnitude of the problem before people started dying or the Daedalus wasn't in range to beam people up earlier. In any event, I don't see Carson "letting" anyone die if he could prevent it. That's not the kind of character he is.
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Luciana

Comment

Working...
                                X