Phantoms (309)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    it makes me wonder if Mccay is a random bullet/arrow magnet..
    I think the writers think so.

Comment

Guys I love this episode! It definatly one of my all time fav Atlantsi eps and one of my favs this series.

The IDEA IS GOOD AS well as the little SG-1 hints. That was a nice touch showing that alot of the other military staff have come from the SGC and have been around for a bit. (well atleast till this ep lol)

My fav bit was the BECKETT/MCKAY stuff wehn they did not kwo they where effected by the device. Especailly Beckett. HIS WAS VERY CLEVER WITH A GREAT TWIST, with how they guy you thought was ok was infact dead.
      sigpic
      Banner Made By Me for Me
      The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
        This episode I really enjoyed. It's a real team story. Poor Carson indeed! He's such a sweetheart. How traumatic for him.

Teyla is a smart cookie. She absorbs a lot of information, recalls it and knows how to use it. She's always so damn cool too....good person to have around.

And John shot Rodney!!!! How could he????? "You shot me. You SHOT me!".
        I totally agree. I was so glad to see Teyla being useful. I loved this ep!
        || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

I too loved the backstory this episode gave Sheppard. I know there have been slight hints as to this event in previous episodes, but this is the first time we've actually seen something to do with it. I like episodes that give some backstory to the characters, they help flesh them out more.

As for the "You shot me!" bits, they were hilarious and typical Rodney. Although it was made extra funny when Ronon chimed in and said it too, to which Sheppard cried, "I'm sorry I shot everyone!" I also liked Rodney's earlier line about him getting shot in the ass a few episodes ago and it still having some sort of effect on him. LOL!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by John W View Post
            I too loved the backstory this episode gave Sheppard. I know there have been slight hints as to this event in previous episodes, but this is the first time we've actually seen something to do with it. I like episodes that give some backstory to the characters, they help flesh them out more.
            i loved that about this episode too this is one of my favourite season 3 episodes.

Comment

AMAZING AMAZING episode. Enjoyed seeing some Shepherd backstory.

9.999/10
              sigpic

Comment

"you shot me!" haha reminded me of SG-1 Lockdown, Daniel: "Who shot me?" carter movees her eyes to O'Neill - "Dont change the subject"

Comment

I totally love this episode except that McKay for some reason almost didn't see any hallucinations at all
                  "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I think McKay was seeing halucinations ...the power that kept spiking.

I thought this was a great episode. I got more out of it the second time around. I loved seeing Shep's history.

Sigs by the lovely CSOM, Sonja and from the Tokrafans community on LJ.

Comment

This ep was hilarious Expecially the end
                      The great ones dare to believe in the unbelievable...
                      sigpic

Comment

Love this episode, how everyone had such different hallucinations. I wonder why Teyla wasn't affected? I love Sheppard's line at the end, "I am sorry for shooting everyone!"
                        sigpic

Comment

Phantoms indeed. What a creepy ep. My guess is that Teyla wasn't affected because she has some Wraith genes. The Wraith wouldn't want to risk being affected by the generator themselves.
                          sigpic

Comment

Meh. Not one of my favourites.
                            Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

I liked this episode. They each had a different way of being effected by the generator. The warrior types had fighting hallucinations, while the more thinking/academic types had thinking ones, so it seemed to be playing with their minds by effecting what was important to them or their fears, so to speak.. This was interesting. Both Sheppard and Ronin saw each other as the enemy, but Carson and Rodney seemed to see everyone else as their normal selves...

Rodney's "You shot me." followed by the "You shot me too."(with that smile) and "I'm sorry for shooting everyone" added humour to the episode.
                              Last edited by Lunaeclipse; 11 January 2012, 12:10 PM.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                              "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                              a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Joe Mallozzi's Blog:
                                PHANTOMS (309)

For some reason, at some point in his Stargate career, Carl Binder got pegged as “the ghost writer”, possibly because it seemed that very second episode he wrote happened to involve otherworld apparitions or a variation thereof. Aurora. Echoes. Pain. In Phantoms, the ghosts are hallucinations that, beside offering the usual serving of suspense and high adventure, also allow us some insight into Sheppard’s past (specifically regarding his time in Afghanistan and the actions that resulted in charges of misconduct) AND gives us a nice little twist in Beckett’s story (one which I thought was pretty damn well executed).

Longtime Stargate mainstay Martin Wood directed Phantoms, the type of episode we termed a “run and jump” for its heavy action and movement, elements that played to Martin’s strength as a visually dynamic storyteller.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X