No announcement yet.

No Man's Land (301)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay first off..fantastic ep. I give it a 9.0-9.5/10 and it lost this point because they lost a vital ship---the orion. Overall fantastic episode.

It had team work, it had the wratih as a lethal force. WE come to find out that female wraiths are unaffected. It also shows that the gas thing works, shoot it was just blody great.

As for the characters:

Weir: For real wonderful characterization and she's finally using that noggin'. She did in this ep by sacrificing the Orion and trying ot eliminate teh wraith hive ship--what she should have done in Michael to Michael. When there's a threat that can't be reason with...or seems to be problematic..you get rid of it, before it becomes totally unmanageable. So I like this, she's moved from the dumbing down. And she had serous balls. It was good. I was upset over Orion..but excellent.

Teyla: Fantastic. Unfortunately not much, but I know she might be getting more air in next weeks eps and she flys a ship. And she is definitely in control of Atlatnis when all the heads are gone. Which is fabulous....because it proves mhy point that she was probabely in charge during in Intruder as I suspected. Cause I they seemed to have to come to her to be informed of anything that went on. That's great. Hopefully we'll get to see more development.

John: ooh...finally back. I like this Shep. It was great..very Shep like, he was smart mouthed like he was in S1, and he was on his toes. Pluse he did his duty and he was good at it. I was overall disappointed in Shep S2, although I knew what they were going for and I wanted a taste of it; I just found it pushed into excessive. This is cool. Plus he was using his brain.

Ronon/McKay: Perfection. Not as good as Ford/McKay energy of course, but funny. And who saw that there was more to Ronon than being reckless killer...he did have some control and he was using his brain throughout the ep. It was great to see. And he showed Rodney that he does havea brain and knows how to use it.

I liked this ep for the action...lets not forget the damage and destruction the final legs of the orion did to the hive ship or the affects. It was greatly put together and nothing ot whinge about--besides the unsavory loss of a ship we know so little about. Anyway it was great seeing all the characers not only working together on a team level but also on an intellectual level.

My one problem?! Where was Carson?!

Great ep..and I give it a bloody three thumbs up!! One in praise of the Orion--on a great death although unwanted!
    Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by travis
      OK I don't get to see this until next week so droped in for a spoiler binge.
      Man it sounds good cant wait, and the Orion is gone NOOooooooooooooooo.
      Dose'nt matter we lose a toy and gained another and this one's bigger.
      the second they saved the ship last season, u knew it was gonna be destroyed....we dont get any ancient toys to play with for more than an episode
      come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

i wanna see them explain the orions destruction to the tiranians
        A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

wow, looks like the organic tech is just a wierd form of overgrowth, looks like there is a metalic ship under that stuff. seems like its like been infested.

looks like the deadalus is in bad shape and the orion isnt much better with our patches
          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by keppiezbt
            the second they saved the ship last season, u knew it was gonna be destroyed....we dont get any ancient toys to play with for more than an episode
            Yeah I know, but I hoping they could of let us play with it just a tiny, winny bit longer.
            sigpic

Comment

Drones are awesome (not that we didn't know already).

Nice to see rail guns put to use in proper fashion, I'd like to see more of that.

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
              Shep's kirking cr*p continues. The writers may think this is funny, but they don't realize just how much this turns off a lot of fans.
              Huh? What are you talking about?

Comment

Why was Shephard in a fighter by himself while every one else had a RIO/co-pilot?

Because he's a "star"?
                "May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Susan Ivanova

"The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest. " - Citizen G'Kar

"I will see you again, in the place where no shadows fall." - Delenn

Comment

I thought this one was a pretty decent one - very par for the course for Stargate. Not bad, but nothing that really makes it stand out to me, either.

Loved Shep's flashback to his "distraction." It was a cute little laugh, and SO many people would do the same thing.

Also loved Weir's showdown with the IOA. I liked that she admitted to Landry that she made a mistake, but she didn't let that get in the way of standing up for herself.

Originally posted by starfox
                  Elizabeth is also quite respectful to him, with all the 'sir' usage. Makes me wonder if Liz is a military brat.
                  Well, when Torri was here on GW back in January, someone asked her what she thought Weir's backstory was. And she said that she's always envisioned her being a military brat. That doesn't neccessarily make it canon, but at least you're not hte only one that thinks that way.
                  "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                  My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by Orion's Star
                    Why was Shephard in a fighter by himself while every one else had a RIO/co-pilot?

Because he's a "star"?

Probably for plot reasons. It would have been a pain and a waste of air time to give Sheppard a co-pilot who the writers would have to give a name, and he would have to either a) Be killed when the wing blew, which would add an unnecessary dose of angst, or b)tag along after Sheppard unnecessarily for the rest of the ep. In terms of procedure, he probably should have had one, but in terms of script, it just wouldn't have worked that well.
                    They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
                    Spoiler:
                    Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Orion's Star

Because he's a "star"?
                      You don't know that "everyone else" had a copilot. They didn't show us "every" cockpit.
                      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Probably for plot reasons. It would have been a pain and a waste of air time to give Sheppard a co-pilot who the writers would have to give a name, and he would have to either a) Be killed when the wing blew, which would add an unnecessary dose of angst, or b)tag along after Sheppard unnecessarily for the rest of the ep. In terms of procedure, he probably should have had one, but in terms of script, it just wouldn't have worked that well.
                        That is what I figured it was, which is lame and lazy, but oh well. Ultimately, it was probably for the best.
                        "May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Susan Ivanova

"The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest. " - Citizen G'Kar

"I will see you again, in the place where no shadows fall." - Delenn

Comment

^^True, but it's an assumption.

Excellent start to the new season!

I, ironically, even though I enjoyed this episode, I
                          don't have much to say about it other than it was
                          highly entertaining!

Dr. Weir did an excellent job at standing up to the
                          political opposition that she faced! Always has to
                          be stubborn and have that serious look on
                          her face! Cool!

My favorite parts were the F-302 scenes! The dogfight at
                          the beginning of the episode was spectacular!! Sheppard's
                          decision making in this episode was highly enjoyable!

Btw, DID ANYONE NOTICE THE CAMERA ANGLE after the
                          commercial near the end? It was looking at space while
                          the Daedalus was rotating! Too cool. In response to that
                          part and the pessimistic reviews about Atlantis, I say,
                          "WATCH THE SHOW!! IT HAS POTENTIAL! IT ROCKS!!"

LONG LIVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Definitely plots reasons, but you could also say he didn't have one because...simple, he wasn't given one, it's not his squadran(I think they were called Dagger(?) He took command and probably made whoever was #1 into #2. Probably the female pilot who I think. And what is the point of the co pilot?

Comment

I have one question about this episode. Didn't SG1 and the alliance ships just get their butts handed to them by the Ori? Now why is it that Weir goes to the SGC and theirs no mention of it, not even by the IOA (I might have missed it). Noone even seems to act like anything was out of the ordinary. This is why I hate cross-overs. The storylines either don't match up or don't fit together. I frankly would love the Wraith to join us in our Galaxy. Theres these nice new folks called the Ori that I'm sure they'd love to try to convert them to origin (sarcasm). Anyways. I liked what I saw in Buffy and Angel neither of the storylines were connected and greatly due to the fact that they were on different networks (which benefited them because they could do their own storys without cross-overs). But when they did crossovers they seemed to lose the storyline in between. Now with atlantis and SG1 going back and forth its hard to tell whether this episode was set months before the Ori's attack or months afterwards. I understand that Atlantis needs to do its own thing but don't do crossovers then. Leave them stranded. I might be overemphasising this small detail but I just get annoyed when they all of a sudden have amneshia of anything relevant that had just happened in the episode prior. Its the stargate taboo. Other than that the episode was good. I still don't think the Wraith are that great of a big bad. However I enjoy the inbetween episodes of the weekly adventures of Atlantis. Great to see both shows back. rant over. Now please give some feedback.

Comment

Awesome, awesome episode. Finally, the Wraith are being shown as extremely nasty badguys. I'm sorry, some people may think they're wimps, but we already know that a Hive ship is no competition against a Ancient ship one-on-one, so seeing the Orion annihilate one of the two Hive ships was awesome. Also, unless you have shielding (heck, even if you do unless you're the Ori!) a nuclear explosion is nothing to laugh about. Basically, great fight sequences!

Also, I don't particularly mind Sheppard thinking about women. I do it all the time, I don't see why he can't.

Comment

Working...
                                X