Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I think what really endeared "Irresistable" to me was the great scenes between our regulars (meaning, no Lucius). ITA about the Carson/Sheppard scene...I LOVE that scene sooo much, probably one of my favorites out of the whole series. I also loved the McKay/Sheppard scenes....it was nice to see them working together without fighting. Plus, they mentioned Shep's hair so I have to give them props for that. Oh, and of course "Fly, Lucius, fly."

In terms of Lucius...I don't think anyone was supposed to like him but he was a means to an end, the device to shake things up with the characters so I'm okay with that. I think the actor did a great job of making the character as obnoxious and creepy as possible.

After watching CG again....I might have to tie that with "Irresistable" (and maybe push "The Return" down to 3rd). So many great episodes this half of the season. I can't wait for the second batch.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks99
      1. Common Ground--Finally, a wraith that does more than snarl and look menacing! And an insight into the wraith worshippers! That gave me chills--I wonder how old some of those worshippers really are?

2. McKay and Mrs. Miller (I love Jeannie!)

3. The Return pt. 1

4. No Man’s Land

5. Progeny

6. Phantoms

7. Sateda

8. Irresistable

9. Misbegotten (I can't believe they didn't learn ANYTHING from the whole Michael debacle!)

10. The Real World
      You know, that occured to me too. The Wraith could potentially have been keeping their devotees alive for hundred of years, maybe more. That is really interesting, and not something I'd expected to learn, though I guessed they probably would heal eachother if the need arose.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stef
        Yeah, I think what really endeared "Irresistable" to me was the great scenes between our regulars (meaning, no Lucius). ITA about the Carson/Sheppard scene...I LOVE that scene sooo much, probably one of my favorites out of the whole series. I also loved the McKay/Sheppard scenes....it was nice to see them working together without fighting. Plus, they mentioned Shep's hair so I have to give them props for that. Oh, and of course "Fly, Lucius, fly."

In terms of Lucius...I don't think anyone was supposed to like him but he was a means to an end, the device to shake things up with the characters so I'm okay with that. I think the actor did a great job of making the character as obnoxious and creepy as possible.

After watching CG again....I might have to tie that with "Irresistable" (and maybe push "The Return" down to 3rd). So many great episodes this half of the season. I can't wait for the second batch.

-Stef
        I agree with you. Lucius was not a character we were meant to like. I actually thought Sheppard was the moral voice in this episode, the one who looked at Lucius with disapproving and unblinkered eyes, which is one of the reasons I liked this episode. Lucius obviously didn't ruin the episode for me, or it wouldn't be one of my favourites, but his scenes are not my favourites, and he does give me the creeps - but he's meant to. I agree that Richard Kind did a great job portraying such a sleaze!
        McKay/Shep scenes are generally my favourites, but the Shep/Carson one in the PJ just took my breath away, and I have to be honest and say, that for me, that was all down to Joe's acting. He was so damn good!
        However, CG stands apart from all the other episodes for me, because of Joe's acting, and Chris', but also because of the storyline, and the fact that it actually had me liking a wraith!
        I can't wait for more episodes!!!!!
        sigpic

Comment

you know it's funny the season 10 version of this thread is already dead even the poll.

and the SGA thread this one is still alive and kicking with discussion and has far more votes in the poll.........seems like more people enjoyed season 3 first half
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Common Ground was the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
              you know it's funny the season 10 version of this thread is already dead even the poll.

and the SGA thread this one is still alive and kicking with discussion and has far more votes in the poll.........seems like more people enjoyed season 3 first half
              Well I certainly did.
              sigpic
              "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
              DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by mishe
                Common Ground was the best.
                yup
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds

Been thinking the same thing. Seems that way. But it isn't really chocking, considering how darn good S3 of SGA has been. Not much to complain about it this year.

Comment

Season 3 has been fabulous... though not perfect...
                    I didn't mind Irresistible either and would rank that higher than Misbegotten which though watchable felt tedious. I guess I'm not as enamoured with Michael as many people are. To me, the Sheppard from S1 came back in Irresistible and has been on the up and up ever since.

I'm having a hard time choosing between Sateda and Common Ground. Both were excellent episodes... well-written, well-executed and demonstrates what good things can come about when the team is the focal point of the story.

Phantoms surprised me... wasn't expecting to care for it... but it exceeded expectations.
                    sigpic
                    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I agree with you here. Misbegotten had some interesting ethical points, but was a bit of an anti-climax. I'm ashamed to admit I'm not enamoured with the character of Michael either, and I just don't know why. I can take him or leave him.
                      Sateda was fantastic, but Common Ground edges in front of it for me because of the wraith in it. I never imagined I'd feel empathy, sympathy and any sort of positive feeling towards a wraith, and I did. Nobody was more surprised than me. Of course seeing Joe having a chance to get his acting chops into something a bit out of the ordinary was nice for the Sheppard fan part of me to see too, as were the great character moments in Sateda and Return. I'm so pleased with what TPTB are doing with Sheppard in season 3, and I just pray it continues.
                      sigpic

Comment

I only really liked three episodes enough to re-watch them, sadly I think most were mere fillers *hey just my opinion* The three?

McKay and Mrs Miller (even with it's faults still the best dam ep)
                        Common Ground
                        The Return pt one (although I will wait for pt 2 before saying I really loved it)

The others just didn't interest me, Sateda looked OK but offered very little in real story *for me* and I have huge ethical problems with the season openers and Irresistible.... Again just my opinion.

Comment

Season 3 to me is Atlantis' best season yet. I'm really hoping the second half is as good as the first half. And from what I've read about those episodes so far, it will be.
                          sigpic
                          "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                          DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

IMO: The Real World has been far and away the best episode of the season so far.
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid
                              IMO: The Real World has been far and away the best episode of the season so far.
                              yes i totally agree real world was great definitly one of my favs

Comment

Originally posted by FORDs Follower
                                yes i totally agree real world was great definitly one of my favs
                                Hee. Me too. *obligatory pimpage*

ETA: Also, that link ain't working right now. My domain is down. Grr. Didn't think of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X