This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
    Yes, Sheppard was amazing in Irresistible and it's too bad that this episode is so controversial that his role hasn't been appreciated more. And, I also have to throw some appreciation to Carson, too.
    I think he single-handedly lifted the episode for me...

I must admit when I first watched the episode, I never once thought that it was trivialising the darker aspects of the story. Richard Kind just seemd to be a kind of smarmy cult leader... on the surface he was all bravado but there was an underlying creepiness. However, I can see now why some people would be quite upset by the material.

Strangely enough, I thought the episode had a quirky energy. Misbegotten, on the other hand, just felt dull and dragged out.
    sigpic
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7 View Post
      Common ground is my fave, but followed closely by Return 1 which is almost tied by Irresistable.

The rest fall in between with TRW dead last. I actually dozed off during the first half hour of that one. Although I did like the second half.

I don't think I hated any of the eps, but I was greatly disappointed in several of them. Every ep had a scene or something I loved, but only my top three choices were eps I'd watch repeatedly.
      you chose my top 3 favs too...CG, irresistable and then the return 1! TRW was my least favourite too, and ive stated my reasons before so i wont repeat myself lol

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
      I think he single-handedly lifted the episode for me...

I must admit when I first watched the episode, I never once thought that it was trivialising the darker aspects of the story. Richard Kind just seemd to be a kind of smarmy cult leader... on the surface he was all bravado but there was an underlying creepiness. However, I can see now why some people would be quite upset by the material.

Strangely enough, I thought the episode had a quirky energy. Misbegotten, on the other hand, just felt dull and dragged out.
      i know what you mean, the thoughts never even crossed my mind until i came on the episode thread for irresistable, i was quite shocked actually, cos i loved the ep! i still love the ep anyway and no one is going to change my mind on that! i absolutely loved shep in the ep!!

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Rootortoise View Post
        you chose my top 3 favs too...CG, irresistable and then the return 1! TRW was my least favourite too, and ive stated my reasons before so i wont repeat myself lol

i know what you mean, the thoughts never even crossed my mind until i came on the episode thread for irresistable, i was quite shocked actually, cos i loved the ep! i still love the ep anyway and no one is going to change my mind on that! i absolutely loved shep in the ep!!
        Even though Irresisitible was no real huge favorite of mine,,I love Sheppard in it...the way in the end he was all alone fighting to get everything right again...and Carson was funny...loved the scene with Carson and Sheppard in the jumper...priceless *lol*
        sigpic
        Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Completely bungling the whole rape aspect aside, I just didn't think Irresistable was that funny of an ep. Lucius's character bugged the hell out of me and I'm so tired of the crew acting out of character because of outside influences.

But hey, at least I got an icon out of it:

Comment

These half-season is overall not bad... there are some nice eppis... my favourite ones would be Sateda and the Return Part I, but Mckay and Mrs.Miller(Meredyth ) and the others weren't half-bad, or Phantoms... in generl all 10 eps. are my favourites.
            Carson Beckett M. D.: How come I never make friends like that?
            Dr. Rodney McKay: You need to get out more.
            ...We're in another galaxy. How much more out can you get?

Comment

My favorite out of the first half is No Mans Land. I thought it was really cool seeing
              Spoiler:
              The deddy going toe to toe with two hive ships and doing damage firing right at the fighter bays. Then losing it's shields for the first time.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

Sateda being my favorite .......but to be honest i've loved them all so far

Comment

For me, the top episodes of the first half of the season were:
                  Sateda, Common Ground, Phantoms and Irresistable.

The middle of the road ones:
                  Misbegotten, McKay and Mrs. Miller and The Return Pt. 1.

And the mediocre ones:
                  No Mans Land, The Real World and Progeny.
                  McKay : (incredibly high pitched) HEEEY! IT'S MISTER MOM! How are the kids??

Zelenka: Do not even SPEAK to me.

Comment

Working...
                  X