No announcement yet.

SciFi Wire: Official SciFi Channel ratings for season three

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If SG-1 and SGA do end up getting cancelled, I'm done with Sci-Fi Channel. I forgave them after what they did to Farscape. I won't do it again. Doing poorly or not, I just don't see them replacing the Stargates with anything of comparable quality.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
      If SG-1 and SGA do end up getting cancelled, I'm done with Sci-Fi Channel. I forgave them after what they did to Farscape. I won't do it again. Doing poorly or not, I just don't see them replacing the Stargates with anything of comparable quality.
      You sound like my friend Sanssong, she said the exact same thing, word for word!! and she said BSG was not enough for her to stay. I can't agree more, I'm unsure if Eureka will be enough for me, since I love SGA and don't bother with either SG1 or BSG (personally one of the shows I despise the most).
      VB
      Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella
        You sound like my friend Sanssong, she said the exact same thing, word for word!! and she said BSG was not enough for her to stay. I can't agree more, I'm unsure if Eureka will be enough for me, since I love SGA and don't bother with either SG1 or BSG (personally one of the shows I despise the most).
        VB
        It's just that this channel has seemed to kill off way too many great shows. It just doesn't seem to know how to handle things sometimes.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Well another problem is what they did with Atlantis. There was so much potential with the show from Season 1 Rising to the Seige II. Season 2 stunk more than SG-1's 9.

Comment

My 2000th post on a sad thread, which I started admittedly! I see what your saying Npattis, but I actually liked S2 and I do see where the writers wanted to go and it is their fault it went bad. They risked the characters, their development and growth, and of course relationship as they were building in S1 for pretty much wraith based eps and developing an enemy which should have been a bit more downplayed than it really was.

It was of course also trying to veer into another direction, which I personally liked, but I can see how many fans wanted more of the same from S1---it's sort of like a new music groups albums. The first album hits and is like wow... sophomore album is not normally so great and he third follows suit, cause it doesn't reflect the first.
            I'm feeling if the transition was done slowly but in keeping with the first season we'd be good. Shoot, the way S3 is going, if it was actually S2, it would have been better for the show. S2 being what is S3, and they'd probably be around indefinitely; I always did say Michael was bloody well too soon, into the show to do.

I just don't want to see S3 being the end, I was so hoping for at least a 100th episode if anything!

VB
            Click statement above to read article.

Comment

I am a huge SGA fan. I only watch Sci-FI for SGA. Everything else I've seen advertised for the channel is mind numbing crap.

I think that the gates are getting the shaft because someone somewhere thinks more money is to be made by dropping these shows and latching on to something bigger. Whether its the *new* Stargate movies or series or something completely different I don't know.

I just can't see how they expect to pull the crap they're doing: six month hiatus, lack of advertising, giving the impressions of possible cancellation etc and then in a month or two decide to just pull the plug on the show. Screw me over like that and I certainly won't be a follower to anything 'gate related in the future. My loyalty deserves so much better than that.

*ends rant*
              sigpic

Comment

It's just a series of common sense related follies and the most anyone can do is write a letter to anyone in charge and say "hey, fix this. we like this show."

It's really not the fans fault, and with episodes like Sateda it's not all the show's fault.

The storylines and characters have both been rather inconsistent and forget about withstanding character development just didn't happen much last season.

I'd like to know why Sci Fi hasn't been advertising like they have with Eureka, which I see everywhere.

Did not SGA get nominated for some music score Emmy?

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                  You willing to fork out the millions of dollars per episode it costs to make the shows then?

errr on secound thought....Sony a big company they can afford it

as for the ratings...are they world wide ratings or USA ratings?
                  DAM YOU SCI FI.....DAM U TO SCI HELL arghhhh.....

Comment

Well, if the emo writers quit the arc of making every stargate show so dark, I think things would be a bit better. First with Secret Nazi Atlantis, then with SG-1 and the controversial Daniel arc... no good!

That and no BSG Anchor...

But the plot.. seriously, I almost didn't watch Stargate this season cuz of how s2 went... Michael was a bit too nazi for me.

.. but Progeny.. Mmmm... sounds so tasty

Comment

I am a big fan of SGA stuff those other shows SGA is all I need I don't want it cancelled at all. and as someone said they want to drop it just to bring a new show on that they think will have big ratings but after the first episode it just ends up getting dumped I've noticed it's been happening on alot of channels.

Comment

*sigh* So many factors I could rant for an hour.

Who, exactly decided to fill the 8PM slot with a network cancelled show that ears 1.1 if its lucky? What a horrible lead in for Stargate!

Where, exactly was the advertising? If I wasn't an internet involved fan, I would've never known when or even the fact that either show was premiering! (I seem to remember Stargate had a TV Guide cover last year?)

At least SG1 got attention in the off season. SGA was pretty much ditched for the hiatus, but then again it seems that most of the limited advertising Stargate gets has always been geared at SG1 anyway. Don't get me wrong, I like SG1, but I LOVE SGA and there has been a definite difference in the amount of attention paid to SGA compared to SG1 in the past.

The attention span of the average TV viewer isn't that long *G* You can't find, capture and hold it unless you have the show and promotions in front of them ALL THE TIME. I'm glad to see other people wonder if scifi is trying to kill Stargate, the thought has crossed my mind, but I thought I was being paranoid.

I can tell you one thing. I watch scifi only for Stargate. NOTHING else there (including their current flavor of the week, Eureka) appeals to me. No gates, no viewing from me.

I'm rather miffed at scifi for treating the Gates this way, when the Stargate franchise is responsible for a lot of scifi's success in the recent years.

Is there anything we, as fans, can do? (besides watch the show live) Would letters make any difference? If so, to whom do we write?

<bummed>
                        sigpic
                        My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

2 millionth thread on this topic...

it WONT BE CANCELED.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

But couldn't also the ratings drop also mean that it is summer after all and it is a friday night? I mean aren't alot of people going out on a Friday night? That is probably why many Tivo it and watch it at another time. Or older fans has simply just lost interest in the shows.

I know it's been on Friday nights before, but still. And I doubt that a six months break will do the show any favours, if it really is true.

Also just a thought. But if people have droped watching SG1, couldn't SGA be suffering by it since it's shown right after? Maybe some don't bother to tune in? What would you all think about if SciFi changed the shows for a coming season, put them on seperate nights and not on a Friday? Maybe Wednesday and Sunday? Or should they just bring these two back together with BSG?

Comment

They don't even have a handful of shows that are good, they have both sg's, eureka which turned out to be great, battlestar gallactica and...............NOTHING ELSE.

Everything they air besides those shows is just crappy filler made up of failed scifi shows and insanely crappy scifi "movies". I don't see how or why they wouldn't up the advertising or somethen.

Comment

Originally posted by saberhagen83
                                But couldn't also the ratings drop also mean that it is summer after all and it is a friday night? I mean aren't alot of people going out on a Friday night? That is probably why many Tivo it and watch it at another time. Or older fans has simply just lost interest in the shows.

I know it's been on Friday nights before, but still. And I doubt that a six months break will do the show any favours, if it really is true.

Also just a thought. But if people have droped watching SG1, couldn't SGA be suffering by it since it's shown right after? Maybe some don't bother to tune in? What would you all think about if SciFi changed the shows for a coming season, put them on seperate nights and not on a Friday? Maybe Wednesday and Sunday? Or should they just bring these two back together with BSG?

I honestly think any chioce would be fine and help the ratings a lot! They couldn't possibly have picked a worse night (except maybe saturday).. When I'm in the US, I have to tape Atlantis, cause I'm usually out at 10 PM. It's a friday, for gods sakes..
                                I've even started to let my TV run although I'm not even at home. That was before I heard of the nielson box..

HOW DO YOU GET A BOX???
                                *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Working...
                                X