SciFi Wire: Official SciFi Channel ratings for season three

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
    Besides, McKay is the resident speed talker of Atlantis.
    Give him coffee, see how fast we can get him to talk, maybe we will get him to go supersonic (superpower: sonic wave well I wouldnt put it past TPTB)
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
      And give Teyla and Ronan lots of coffee, that should liven them up a little
      Oh and BTW, since your comment OBVIOUSLY implies that McKay should be killed and the speed-talking title given to Teyla and/or Ronon instead, I hereby scream at you and wave my fist in the air, furiously condemning you as un-fanlike and a hypocrite. And a blind hateful Hewlett-basher. Or something like that.

Note: the above post is, in fact, entirely sarcastic and non-hostile and should not be taken seriously in any way. Except for the bit about me smiting Ptah. But that's unrelated...

Comment

You know when you have to put disclaimers on your posts, the forums are getting too uptight

Oh, and smite away
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

The best way to get ratings up for season three? They could make some good episodes! With some decent writing and storylines..
          Shock Horror....who saw that one coming
          Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
            You know when you have to put disclaimers on your posts, the forums are getting too uptight

Oh, and smite away
            Don't have to tell me...

Down with censorship!

McKay torture too?! Why? Why not?! I'm all for it! Maybe it will teach him to curb the scientist and realise that the Wraith are not a library but set out to eat up people like him!

Originally posted by spg_1983
            The best way to get ratings up for season three? They could make some good episodes! With some decent writing and storylines.
            It'll never happen. Wait wait..never say never right?! It won't happen then?! I'm joking, it could happen, it really could but they'll have to work real hard. The ending for S2 is setting them up for disaster because they might not be able to carry it through.
            Example...Trinity...great episode all around, where is Trinity 2? Left it hanging...that's what they did. They can so easily explain parts of S2 stupidity away it will make the show lose whatever credibility still has.

I'll still watch it...since I always have a flickering candle in a tornado, Pandora or the Wraith did still everything.

VB
            Click statement above to read article.

Comment

ANOTHER 'KILL' thread...*yawn* - some people have no originality...

And to think, I was actually considering going to the docs for a prescription for sleeping pills...I have all I need right here...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
              "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Scientist
                There is definitely something in the water. Globally.

"Kill ... kill ... kill ... kill ... kill ... kill"
                Lord Voldemort has obviously trained an army of basilisks who are slithering their way around through the piping...

Oooops...wrong fandom...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
                  Lord Voldemort has obviously trained an army of basilisks who are slithering their way around through the piping...

Oooops...wrong fandom...
                  yeah:0)
                  sigpic
                  Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

how about kill, kill, kill, kill as in huge 20 minute space battle

Comment

Originally posted by Major Zoidberg
                      how about kill, kill, kill, kill as in huge 20 minute space battle
                      Well, didn' Martin Wood tell us that Siege 1 was going to be a fortysomething minute sequence of the city of Atlantis exploding? Maybe they've held that off to S3.

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee

Oooops...wrong fandom...
                        LOL!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by npattis
                          Watching Lorne and Sheppard getting fed upon by the Wraith for like 20 minutes. That would indeed make great television. Wow, the ratings would jump beyond the broadcast networks!
                          dude your either a troll or a professional Shep and Lorne hater

turn those thoughts to torture, when the Genii captured Lorne and his team i thought it would be like whenever the Gould captured people but no it had to be sucky and all they did was drew blood from them...no torture on getting them to give them their shield code what a waste

Comment

I don't think killing off the really cute guys would increase the show's ratings so, um, what do ya say we don't do that?
                            I think they should instead focus on character development, relationships, and original storylines.
                            I'd also love to see more humor brought in. Stargate used to have amazing scripts that were generally quite funny. I think the show is becoming too action focussed. I'm all for action, but they've gotta incorporate the humor as well (and not the large-ugly-man-attracting-all-the-beautiful-women-that-the-writers-think-is-funny-
                            but-is-really-just-repulsive type of humor, I'm talking actual commedy that makes people laugh rather than cringe type of humor)
                            Characters such as Lorne and Cadman could also be used more often and in more of a central role rather than just standing there with a gun and looking cool. Bring on the CadmanMcKay bickering (cause seriously, who didn't like duet?)
                            Okay, sorry 'bout that, I'm done now. Seriously, I don't think I've ever written that much in one post.

And since some of you seem to really be having a bad day you may want to consider calling the bad day hotline at 781-382-3756 (some funny stuff right there)
                            President Josiah Bartlet: I came to this hallowed chamber one year ago on a mission, to restore the American dream for all our people as we gaze at the vast horizon of possibilities open to us... in the 321st century. Wow, that was ambitious of me, wasn't it?
                            My videos:
                            Arithmetic - A Sparky/Spanky Vid
                            Now and Forever - A Spanky Vid
                            Everything and More - A Sparky Vid

Comment

Ratings for the premiere episodes:

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/

TOP TEN SCIFI CHANNEL SHOWS

ECW-------------------------2.4
                              Stargate Atlantis-----------1.5 - "No Man's Land"
                              Stargate SG-1---------------1.4 - "Flesh and Blood"
                              The Best of Bray Road-------1.2
                              It Waits--------------------1.2
                              Dark Angel------------------1.2
                              Room 6----------------------1.1
                              Sasquatch Hunters-----------1.0
                              Freddy vs. Jason------------1.0
                              Science of Stargate SG-1----0.9

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 7/10/06 -- 7/16/06

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/

Top TEN SciFi Channel Shows

Eureka--------------------3.2
                              ECW-----------------------2.1
                              Stargate Atlantis---------1.6 - "Misbegotten"
                              Stargate SG-1-------------1.6 - "Morpheus"
                              Dragon Dynasty------------1.2
                              Dead Like Me--------------1.1
                              The Frighteners-----------1.1
                              Dark Angel----------------0.9
                              Dragonfly-----------------0.9
                              Dragonheart---------------0.9

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 7/17/06 -- 7/23/06

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                              SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                              Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

They are really pushing Eureka on the SciFi website, including streaming the full pilot episode for everyone to watch for free, legally. I think has a lot to do with the high ratings that we're seeing for that show. If other networks were smart, they'd be embracing this technology in the same way that the SciFi/NBC conglomerate has. The internet is a powerful tool, and wise, forward thinking networks can use it to promote shows and get fan feedback.
                                sigpic

"Let's not be too quick to exclude the possibility that the woman might be, uh... what is the clinical term? Nuts?" -- Rodney McKay, PhD

What does Cat have to say today?

Comment

Working...
                                X