Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 3 of Atlantis is almost beginning to sound like rats deserting a sinking ship, where SG-1 is concerned.
    Atlantis : Revolutions - an AU "Stargate: Atlantis" RPG

Comment

Originally posted by Anise76
      Season 3 of Atlantis is almost beginning to sound like rats deserting a sinking ship, where SG-1 is concerned.
      I don't think so. IMO, SG-1 is just fine. And Atlantis will be too.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Anise76
        Ehh, people just can't appreciate good things. Some people only want to see useless characters portrayed by pretty boys. Season 3 will be indeed good.

Comment

Originally posted by Nel
          I see what you're saying Era Yachi. I agree to an extent. I think one of the reasons that Carson was so popular from the beginning, and why they decided to make him a regular, was because he was complex. He was a complete character.

I think my concern is that although he did change in Season 2, a lot of the effects of the change on him was implicit rather than explicit. We had to read into the very expressive face of Paul McGillion to see what Carson's emotions were. The writers didn't actually explore it through the scripts.

And Drwho'srose I think we all agree that all the characters need a little more exploration of their characters. I quite agree that screen time doesn't equate to character development. I think it is because we like the characters so much that we want to see what makes them tick, what drives them.

The actors in Atlantis are a talented bunch, and they are skilled at expressing their emotion by a look or a gesture. But I think TPTB have acknowledged when they promised more character-moments in Season 3, that they have perhaps concentrated more on action, than on development.

My wish for Season 3 is that we see character development for all the principal cast, not necessary whole episodes devoted to them - because I like the ensemble episodes - but to see their emotional reactions explored. After all, they are all going through a scary experience, something that is going to change everyone.
          Yuo've got to have people to bounce off your protagonist as you can't get into his head otherwise. (Unless it's written fic).

And, to answer the question of is Beckett in season 3? YES! He was just in the SGA ad shown at 9:20pm tonight. Okay, it was very brief (as was the rest) but he was there, yup, honest.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
            And, to answer the question of is Beckett in season 3? YES! He was just in the SGA ad shown at 9:20pm tonight. Okay, it was very brief (as was the rest) but he was there, yup, honest.

His name was mentioned in the S3 premiere and he has a larger role in the second episode. Not sure how else he'll participate in the show the rest of the season but I expect he'll at least be in the background much like he was in S2 (after all, the focus of SGA is on "the team", and Beckett's not a member of the team, so it's expected he won't be featured much). As much I wanted PM to be in the opening credits, I'd prefer him to go back to guest star status so I could tell from the list of guest stars whether or not he'll make an appearance in the episode.

Comment

Im hoping we see him alot this season.
              sigpic
              Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Im sure he will be in it as he is a minor major character if you know what i mean. Come on he isnt the greatest character anyway, thought he is a goood actor. Not as good as sheppard though.

--Gaz--

Comment

Hopefully we will see more of him coz its only been 1 ep so far!!
                  I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Working...
                  X