This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by generaloneill
    there is definitely something in the worldwide water supply if people think sheppard needs to be demoted or killed off or that lorne has to be killed off and sgt bates brought back in his place bates wasn't even that popular with many of the fans because of his racist tendencies that and the fact that he was unevenly written by tptb and the day that colonel caldwell takes over the atlantis military contingent will be the day that i stop watching atlantis.

You people really need to learn the definiton of racism. So accusing Teyla, who was black, while he is black is racism? ROFL

Comment

Sheppard doesn't need to be demoted, maybe a reprimand for some of his actions.

Comment

Originally posted by npattis
        You people really need to learn the definiton of racism. So accusing Teyla, who was black, while he is black is racism? ROFL
        So what? An African (Black) calling an Indian (Black) a "Paki" isn't Racism?

Teyla's not Black, she's Mediterainian at best.

Comment

Originally posted by npattis
          teyla isn't black bates is

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet
            So what? An African (Black) calling an Indian (Black) a "Paki" isn't Racism?

Teyla's not Black, she's Mediterainian at best.
            Teyla is Athosian.

Bates was suspicious of all the Athosians and aliens in general. The Wraith were everywhere and he was right to not be so trusting. Later when Teyla was channeling the Wraith, Bates was concerned they could take over her mind and use her as a spy. His concerns all had merit.

As for Sheppard - he needs a good reprimand, but they won't demote him.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by nightowl300
              Sheppard doesn't need to be demoted, maybe a reprimand for some of his actions.
              reprimanded for what saving the lives of the expedition members in the city by keeping the wraith from destroying atlantis saving ronon from having to remain a runner. risking his neck on the wraith hive ship to rescue ronon and teyla saving the city and the lives of everyone in it by getting the access code from caldwell in critical mass to prevent the city from exploding. he also rescued rodney from the puddle jumper from the ocean floor and almost an entire civilization in inferno. in season one he succeeded in rescuing the team apart from colonel sumner and teyla's people in the first episode of atlantis he also succeeded in liberating the city from the genii when they took control of the city he also rescued some of teyla's friends in letters from pegasus he also defended teyla and her people from bates' accusations in suspicion the gift and the siege parts 1 and 2 and he was prepared to sacrifice himself in the atlantis season 1 finale and you think he should be reprimanded for putting himself at risk on several occassions.

Comment

Don't know what people have against Sheppard now...sigh.
                I think it's a great character. He has a bit of comedy element to him, but also does the serious roles fantastic.
                It feels good to be alive.
                Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet
                  Don't know what people have against Sheppard now...sigh.
                  I think it's a great character. He has a bit of comedy element to him, but also does the serious roles fantastic.
                  i think sheppard is an excellent character and i agree that he has a comedy element to him i don't know what people have against sheppard either.

Comment

Racist probably isn't the right term here. Xenophobic is closer: Bates had a deep suspicion (bordering on manic paranoia) regarding Teyla and her people. The color of their skin didn't matter, their place of origin did. They were ALIENS. They weren't from Earth. Therefore, they were not to be trusted.

This is one of the things about Bates I didn't much care for- it's something that could have been built up in an interesting and meaningful way (he could full well have valid reasons for his suspicions based on previous experience) but as with so much else on the show, it was done unevenly and without being put into the proper context to help us understand him.

Or that's how I feel about it, anyway. Bates could have been a much better, stronger character if TPTB had just given a damn.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                      Racist probably isn't the right term here. Xenophobic is closer: Bates had a deep suspicion (bordering on manic paranoia) regarding Teyla and her people. The color of their skin didn't matter, their place of origin did. They were ALIENS. They weren't from Earth. Therefore, they were not to be trusted.

This is one of the things about Bates I didn't much care for- it's something that could have been built up in an interesting and meaningful way (he could full well have valid reasons for his suspicions based on previous experience) but as with so much else on the show, it was done unevenly and without being put into the proper context to help us understand him.

Or that's how I feel about it, anyway. Bates could have been a much better, stronger character if TPTB had just given a damn.
                      i think that tptb come onto this site and they saw the negative fan opinion being levelled against bates and decided to get rid of him since he wasn't that popular both with the fans and the atlantis expedition members.

Comment

i think that tptb come onto this site and they saw the negative fan opinion being levelled against bates and decided to get rid of him since he wasn't that popular both with the fans and the atlantis expedition members.
                        TPTB don't give a flying **** what the fans think, who they like, who they don't like, or what they want to see. If they did the show would be very VERY different than what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          TPTB don't give a flying **** what the fans think, who they like, who they don't like, or what they want to see. If they did the show would be very VERY different than what it is.
                          and how do you know that TPTB don't give a flying **** what the fans think on other sites devoted to tv programs the directors and the producers log onto the site to check on the fans opinions about their program its called consumer feedback.

Comment

I think TPTB care to a point...and the they put there hands behind there back and entertain us with hand puppets while they do what they very well please.

As long as those hand puppets are good...I don't mind to much!

" A friend of mine once sent me a post card with a picture of the entire planet Earth taken from space. On the back it said, "Wish you were here." " --Steven Wright

--Does that sound familiar to anyone else?--

Comment

Originally posted by Rodan5757
                              I think TPTB care to a point...and the they put there hands behind there back and entertain us with hand puppets while they do what they very well please.

As long as those hand puppets are good...I don't mind to much!
                              i'm glad you agree that the TPTB do care to a point.

Comment

and how do you know that TPTB don't give a flying **** what the fans think on other sites devoted to tv programs the directors and the producers log onto the site to check on the fans opinions about their program its called consumer feedback.
                                Yeah, but they never actually listen to what we say when we tell them to do something.

I mean, yeah, they'll read our opinions about an episode, but that's pretty much as far as they'll go, and that doesn't necessarily make them rethink their future writing styles.

Personally, I think it's great.

Comment

Working...
                                X