This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by npattis
    Disable them how? The Hives jumped into Hyperspace on their way to Milky Way. We'll have to wait till season 3 if he actually accomplishes anything.
    His plan was to use the 302s to disable the hives hyperdrives so they couldn't jump, it didnt suceed, but it shows he was thinking and not just relying on his trouser brain...
    Don't put jam on a magnet

my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle

Comment

Maybe it would be a good idea to have a general anti-Sheppard thread. Since he is the lead in sga, it makes sense that people would need a place to voice their concerns about him. I would start one, but I'm hoping I won't feel anti once the new season starts.

Comment

Originally posted by lissa1000
        Maybe it would be a good idea to have a general anti-Sheppard thread. Since he is the lead in sga, it makes sense that people would need a place to voice their concerns about him. I would start one, but I'm hoping I won't feel anti once the new season starts.
        There the "kill shep" thread which after people pointed out it was rather nastily titled, got changed to 'get rid of' but yes, a place to constructively criticize characters would be nice, but it doesn't last long.

Comment

Yes, but anti/pro threads are all pointless, they don't generate interesting discussion its either bunch of people picking holes and *****ing about something, or a thread of people who won't hear anything against it...

Gateworld is a FORUM where people are supposed to come and discuss their views and hear other peoples, creating sects of entirely like minded people just causes abuse to occur whenever these sides clash.

You know it would be so much better if we could all hold rational debates about why we think something is good or bad and actually accept that other peoples views may differ from our own and that doesn't mean we have to find the nearest insult to throw at them...
          Don't put jam on a magnet

my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle

Comment

Originally posted by KRiZ
            His plan was to use the 302s to disable the hives hyperdrives so they couldn't jump, it didnt suceed, but it shows he was thinking and not just relying on his trouser brain...
            Of course it was Sheppard who did that. For the facts of storytelling, they wouldn't have left to another F-302 pilot. And he only wanted to disable them, not knowing they were going to jump to hyperspace on their way to the Milky Way.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko
              Remember, the contingent is only as good as the head of the contingent. Blame Weir for the fact that there are
              Spoiler:
              2 Wraith Cruisers heading towards Earth with Two SGA personnel onboard and a security breach (Atlantis Data was stolen off the mainframe).
              Actually, I'd blame Wodney for that. Didn't Weir advise him to
              Spoiler:
              upload the info the Wraith sent them to a non-networked computer and he dis-regarded her
              and threw common-sense to the wind?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                Never ascend anyone on Atlantis. Never ever ever ever. [/rant]
                Not even to see them come back naked and get a glimpse of their naked posterior?

Comment

Originally posted by Demonique
                  Not even to see them come back naked and get a glimpse of their naked posterior?
                  No. There are much more creative ways to get characters nekkid. And considering that it'd probably be Shep who wound up in the buff, I'm one of the ones who doesn't worship at his altar, so that wouldn't be a bonus to me.

Comment

Originally posted by KRiZ
                    You know it would be so much better if we could all hold rational debates about why we think something is good or bad and actually accept that other peoples views may differ from our own and that doesn't mean we have to find the nearest insult to throw at them...
                    Yes, it WOULD be nice if the forum could be like that. But it isn't and it never will be and thus we have pro and anti threads. They exist as more of a sanctuary than anything else because SOME people can't tolerate anyone disagreeing with them and feel compelled to flame, attack, dismiss and generally insult anyone who disagrees with them.

People would spend more time attacking each other, trying to "prove" theirs is the right view and justifying their opinions ad nauseum than they would actually discussing the subject of the thread.

People are nasty, spiteful, intolerant and so full of themselves and their hatred of anything "different" that there is little room for open discussion in certain "hot spot" areas such as the seasons, the characters, the ships, and what color the walls are.

Comment

No. There are much more creative ways to get characters nekkid. And considering that it'd probably be Shep who wound up in the buff, I'm one of the ones who doesn't worship at his altar, so that wouldn't be a bonus to me.
                      There are some things best left to people's over-fertile imaginations...and in the SG universe, nekkidness is one of them.

I honestly can't think of a good reason for it...and I see no point in something that isn't going to further the storyline...

And no, I'm not coming down with anything, despite the fact that I do worship at that particular altar...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                      "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

You never know...TPTB might use the whole "ascension" deal to get Ford back. As much as I loathe that particular death-cheating trick, it would be worth it to get Aiden back. As for the bare heiny, I can hear the girls in F.O.R.D. sqeeing already.
                        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                          You never know...TPTB might use the whole "ascension" deal to get Ford back. As much as I loathe that particular death-cheating trick, it would be worth it to get Aiden back. As for the bare heiny, I can hear the girls in F.O.R.D. sqeeing already.
                          Let's be honest - you mention nekkidness, and all the fangirls (and fanboys, not to be discriminatory) squee...I don't think it matters which character.

Back to topic...I read back to where I last replied in this thread, and I agree with a fair few of the points. Some repercusions for actions would be good, however, they should apply to all the characters. Sheppard seems to be getting singled out for his poor decisions, however, he's not the only party guilty of those - Weir, McKay and Beckett all have plenty they could be held accountable for as well.

It seems to me that a lot of people can't get past the 'Kirking' thing - fact of life - men look at anything that has boobs that is reasonably attractive. Which isn't a crime. As much as I loathe this character development, a man thinking with his d*** isn't a crime, and so far it hasn't brought harm to anyone. If it resulted in a bad judgement call in the performance of his duties, fair enough, reprimand him for being a hussy, but since it hasn't...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                          "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Oh, I'm fully in support of the other characters suffering repercussions. I've definitely asked for Weir to suffer SOMETHING for her poor decision-making and I think I've expressed disgust at the lack of follow-through to events in Trinity, and Beckett... hopefully he'll angst all on his own. He should, after his part in things. But this is a Sheppard thread.

I do agree about the nekkidness thing, though. Squeeing aside, it serves no real purpose. At least not the way TPTB tend to do it.

Comment

Oh, I'm fully in support of the other characters suffering repercussions. I've definitely asked for Weir to suffer SOMETHING for her poor decision-making and I think I've expressed disgust at the lack of follow-through to events in Trinity, and Beckett... hopefully he'll angst all on his own. He should, after his part in things. But this is a Sheppard thread.

I do agree about the nekkidness thing, though. Squeeing aside, it serves no real purpose. At least not the way TPTB tend to do it.
                              I think a lot of the plots have suffered lack of follow-through - Trinity is a classic example of that. The betrayal of trust was not mined nearly enough, and it has been relegated to being a standing, and very unfunny, joke.

I guess I'm wondering why there haven't been threads to address this same issue with other characters...or one to address it for all. It kind of gives the impression to me that people seem to think only the one character has faults, which is possibly the case with some of the people who have replied in here...

There will probably be people who wish to smite me for saying this, but I thought the whole Daniel-descended nekkidness was pointless.

Comment

Well, I've seen the complaints about lack of repercussions on a variety of threads, but I guess there isn't a thread specifically dedicated to that subject.

And the Nekkid Daniel thing was an obnoxious stunt, IMO. No purpose at all. Punish Haze Michael and make his fans squee.

Comment

Working...
                                X