Allies (220)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
    My thoughts exactly. Gads, the Atlantis team has made so many stupid mistakes this season, cumulating in Allies.
    Well the buck should stop with Weir, but it won't she will again be let off scott free to go forth and agree again to stupid, stupid ideas. She is the weakest link.

I liked the episode, not loved it and I hate cliffhangers. I can't believe even with threats that they can be so stupid, it is the bloody Wraith! Not to mention the ethics. Oh sorry forgot no ethics needed even from Beckett if it is The Wraith being turned into humans. I found Beckett to be the least convincing in this episode, character development is one thing a complete character overhaul is another, he now has no respect for life and no ethics. (oh the sleepless nights, like hell!)

At least we got to see a 'darker' Sheppard, he has issues and well Ronon is nothing but an issue. I loved *again* Telya in this, she is the only moral compass left on the show bless her.

McKay, sorry you are one dumb arse and no the Asgard have everything on you. I want to slap Rodney from here to kingdom come for being so trusting and so out of character with the trusting. David N as Radek, perfect he was just perfect.

Comment

That was one great episode!!!!
      School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by tofuchef
        you know what.. everyone is at fault.. some of you are blaming weir.
        Weir is the Leader she is the one weighing everything up, she is the one that has to decide whether Sheppard/Caldwell and even McKay are acting in their self interest, that is why she is there.

The buck stops with her, people cannot have it both ways, she is either a great Leader for Atlantis who can handle the decision making including the repercussions of her actions, or she is someone who can not lead because she has to take into account too much of what everyone else has to say.

Sorry you cannot Lead by consensus it doesn't work. The buck stops with her, yes on Earth they may all have to have some disciplinary action taken against them, but she is the Leader she should carry the bulk of the blame just like she would carry the bulk of the praise.

The thread title was changed because it hinted at a spoiler, you cannot have spoilers in titles for threads.

Comment

The first (very) draft version of the transcript is up:

http://www.brundle.free-online.co.uk/220_Allies.html

Any help with the chatter between the F302 pilots would be helpful, cos I couldn't work out one line that Shep said. Also, has anyone translated Zelenka's Czech yet?

Thanks!

Comment

Good episode, ah McKay and hermy lol.

As long as season 3 doesn't start with them arriving at earth and finding alien nazis i'll be happy

Comment

Ok here's a whole load of Hi(ish)-Res caps from the episode as promised.

The fly by scene on the Orion. Oooow Ancient tech. Looks more like a beat up frieghter.

Hiveship fly under scene, now we're talking. So they've got holes in them like a giant doghnut, who knew. I guess the plan of action from here on out is clear. They must use Ancient technology to construct a suitably sized Homer Simpson.

Comment

Oh wookit the tiny litte scoutship isn't it cute.

First battle with the Wraith. I wonder if those Wraith were high fiving the other ones and giggling at the human gullability after they got off the scoutship.

Last edited by Ouroboros; 31 January 2006, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Some cool pics that show off the size comparison of the Daedalus and a Hiveship as well as a possible interior layout.

Caldwell: What the sh!t!!?!

Daedalus: Suck railgun death Wraith scum!

Hiveships: LoL n00b, here have some more blue crap.

Caldwell: Launch Vipers... errr, 302s, yeah!

::Use the Force Shep::

Shep: McKay is that you, stop messing with my radio this is serious.

::Trust your feelings::

Shep

Wraith: See ya at supper losers.

Comment

Unsure of what "menage et trois" translates to in Wraith the Hivequeen just gives McKay and Shep the people's eyebrow instead.

Comment

With the deddy damaged, they will send the orion after the wraith. but since the weapons dont work i think it will meet the same fate as the O'Neill did in small victories. tptb would never let them keep an advanced ship for too long.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella
                        Who's Ama? I'm lost? I have to watch this..you know Mc is my man! VB
                        As noted previously "Ama" is a misspelling of Teyla "Emagen" (I can't spell the last bit of her name though)

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Originally posted by Genghis Bong
                          With the deddy damaged
                          We don't know how damaged it is yet, their shields were working at under 20% but the Wraith jumped into hyper space without taken advantage of that, so it might be minor damage or did I miss something?

Comment

Great episode, they really did take me by surprise with having the wraith make contact like that.

However, I never trusted them and would personally have taken the first chance I got to nuke Michaels hive ship.

The second thing I would have done differently is that I would never have allowed Mckay to go on board a wraith ship. The man knows WAY to much about the superior type of hyperdrive and taking the risk of that information falling into wraith hands is just not acceptable under ANY circumstances.

Did they ever explain in the ep how come the wraith all of a sudden are able to reach Earth? I thought it would take them centuries with their current hyperdrives. Is it possible that they thought the location of Earth refered to a place in their own galaxy?

Personally I expect that the hive ship will never reach Earth, Sheppard and the rest of Atlantis will find some way of taking them out before they leave the Pegasus galaxy. If not then it would be really hard to explain why SG-1 wouldn´t be leading the fight from Earths end and saving the day as usual

Comment

Yeah I'm really struggling to see why the Wraith didn't just finish them off for good there. It certainly wouldn't have taken much more.

Maybe they planted something in the Daedalus computer too somehow?

Comment

This is a late comment for something that was posted way on the page 2 episode summary. TOA had a nice summary of the episode, but I question some of TOA's concluding points.

Originally posted by TOA
                                1) Atlantis and its computer network are somewhat disabled from the wraith worm
                                I've only seen the episode once, but that's not the impression I got. What I understood was that the information sent by the Wraith was destroyed and only 2 pieces of data was stolen. The information about the Aurora and the location of every planet in the Atlantis database.

Can I say how stupid this sounded when I heard Radek say it? Why would they need to have the computers with the Wraith data hooked up with any of the Atlantis systems? The computers should have been isolated from everything else. This is the enemy, for goodness sake! We already know the Wraith are computer saavy, they wrote a virus that infected the Daedalus.

I sure hope part 2 shows us that the Atlantis expedition wasn't this stupid. Why was only Teyla concerned that the Wraith are Wraith? Ronon showed a real lack of suspicion. And Caldwell, why is Mr. Devil's Advocate so accepting of the Wraith? They infected your ship!

Originally posted by TOA
                                2) Orion is not completely fixed and has no functioning weapons
                                McKay said they probably couldn't fire the drones when they were waiting for the Hive ship to get to Atlantis. But maybe there are other weapons aboard the ship, we weren't told. Or maybe, while some people were working on the Wraith data, other scientists were still working on the Orion and have managed to get the drone lauchers to work.

Originally posted by TOA
                                5) John is MIA and presumed dead....Again.... (he was caught up in the hyperdrive wake from the wraith hive)
                                I don't know if Caldwell thinks he's dead, just MIA. There was debris mentioned, so I guess it's implied that maybe Caldwell would think Sheppard is dead.

Originally posted by TOA
                                6) 2 hives are currently en-route to Earth - A third hive is likely en-route to Atlantis
                                I didn't get this at all. The Wraith Leader said they knew where Earth was. Presumably, Wraith Leader had a chance to review the stolen planet directory. The Wraith don't have the capability to get to the Milky Way. That's why they also needed the Aurora plans, so they can fit the hive ship with a hyperdrive able to get to Earth.

My kind of guy:
                                "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                                Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                                (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Working...
                                X