Allies (220)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGFerrit
    Well, I wouldnt quite put it up there with the likes of Lost City P2, The Siege P2 and Reckoning P2 but definately in my top 5!
    woah woah woah hey now.. you listed episodes that were on their last/2nd part.. that's not fair! just you wait for the 3rd season premiere

Comment

The obvious answer: For once, they're smart.

"OK, let's see. We have allies. We have a planet with billions of "mancows" to feed on. We have strong Earth ship with shields and weapons and the capability of maybe beaming nukes into our ships. What do we do? Of course, we double team it and hope to destroy it quickly."

Comment

We can pretty much bet that John figured what they were up to...remember that Teyla did them that 'Their Wraith' there's no way to trust them....so he probably had a clue something was up..and I figured he'd be on one of the ships before going into hyperspace..which I love....

I dont' think they upgraded their hyperdrives..but their going to have McKay do that....at first he was just testing things....and seeeing how they work..but I think McKay's role is to be able to have the hive ship sustain it'self as it goes into hyperspace.

What's gonna be really cool is when they McKay has to take that apart..and I'm wondering if Atlantis is gonna get to keep two hive ships for their own military purposes..since we can figure they'll make it out....

As for where John landed debatable you know. I'm thinking Ford is in one of these hive ships...I really hope he is anyway. But anyway....it wouldn't matter....eventually I think he'd find his way to other one and make the day...he can probably take out one the hives if he goes looking an doesn't find McKay and Ronon....kind of have it blow its self up....then he'd fly out to the next one....and see what would happen. But based on TPTB and the need for ease....he might just coincidentally have landed in the right one...based on what he saw of the Daedalus and there are probably differentiating marks for each ship!
        VB
        Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Everyone keeps missing the fact that Mckay sabotaged the "friendly" Hive.

Comment

, your one true god; the Furlings

Comment

I think Sheppard went on the ship where Mckay and Ronon were.
              School is overrated.

Comment

First post!!! Just a thought. What if the Atlantis team are actually the smart ones here. Maybe Weir and McKay anticipated this betrayal and actually put fake data in the computers sending the Wraiths to a place far, far away from backup. Or maybe Michael informed them of this. I think Michael has other plans for himself.

Also, am I the only one asking about the technology that they should have extracted from the downed Wraith cruiser in the Defiant One?

Angel
                Uhura Carter: I'm picking up a strange energy anomaly, Colonel. It appears the singularity is about to explode.

Spock/Worf Teal'c: Weapons are at maximum.

McCoy Daniel: Damn it, Cam! Solar flare. We've got a shockwave heading straight for us.

Kirk Mitchell: Can we reverse the... polarity?

Uhura Carter: I'll do my best. (blink blink)

Kirk Mitchell: Engine room... warp speed. Take us out of here... now.

Scotty: I'm giving it all I've got, Captain... but you're expecting a bloody miracle!

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic
                  Spoilers for allies

In Allies we see the Wraith Hives not only use the element of suprise but DOUBLE TEAM The Deadalus. Now why would they do that??? Why would they need to 2 Hives to hammer the Daedalus down. I mean, come on.. COME ON. our little tiny ship took a beating from 2 Wraith Hive Ships? Alright, Then send us another.. BAM We own the wraith. We got our Ancient Ship. The Deadalus could hold its on for as long as it could, and its like the discovery of the wheel compared to the Ancient Ship. WE WOULD PWN THEM.
                  Thats the only explaination for why there was a double team. Perhaps they knew the Deadalus was too strong. or perhaps they heard stories of the mighty promethus...

We would not be pwning the Wraith even if we had a dozen Daedalus class ships. The Daedalus got humiliated again here. It did nothing but float there like a chump getting pasted while shooting back at the hives with its puny little weapons which did a grand total of absolutely nothing. It was down to less than 20% shields in a few minutes to so it didn't even take the pasting very well. The only reason they didn't all die was because the Wraith decided to just leave instead of killing them for some reason.

The Daedalus is not superior to a Hiveship or Wraith cruiser. The only way it's ever even been able to damage one let alone destroy one was by "cheating" with the teleporter beam. If it can't do that it's just a helpless moving target. It's not even a legitimate threat to anything bigger than a Wraith scoutship, which is apparently the Wraith equivalent of a flying minivan so wow, big points there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros
                    We would not be pwning the Wraith even if we had a dozen Daedalus class ships. The Daedalus got humiliated again here. It did nothing but float there like a chump getting pasted while shooting back at the hives with its puny little weapons which did a grand total of absolutely nothing. It was down to less than 20% shields in a few minutes to so it didn't even take the pasting very well. The only reason they didn't all die was because the Wraith decided to just leave instead of killing them for some reason.

The Daedalus is not superior to a Hiveship or Wraith cruiser. The only way it's ever even been able to damage one let alone destroy one was by "cheating" with the teleporter beam. If it can't do that it's just a helpless moving target. It's not even a legitimate threat to anything bigger than a Wraith scoutship, which is apparently the Wraith equivalent of a flying minivan so wow, big points there.
                    I think the Wraith wanted the Daedalus to be far away from atlantis when SGA finally discovers the Worm. They probably thought that it would buy them some time away from the pesky humans. I also think that the two hive ships are led by queens who are best of friends. Seriously, because of the civil war, I think these Wraiths wanted Earth all for themselves but needed at least 2 hives to conquer any resistance.
                    Uhura Carter: I'm picking up a strange energy anomaly, Colonel. It appears the singularity is about to explode.

Spock/Worf Teal'c: Weapons are at maximum.

McCoy Daniel: Damn it, Cam! Solar flare. We've got a shockwave heading straight for us.

Kirk Mitchell: Can we reverse the... polarity?

Uhura Carter: I'll do my best. (blink blink)

Kirk Mitchell: Engine room... warp speed. Take us out of here... now.

Scotty: I'm giving it all I've got, Captain... but you're expecting a bloody miracle!

Comment

Originally posted by AngelOfDeath
                      First post!!! Just a thought. What if the Atlantis team are actually the smart ones here. Maybe Weir and McKay anticipated this betrayal and actually put fake data in the computers sending the Wraiths to a place far, far away from backup. Or maybe Michael informed them of this. I think Michael has other plans for himself.
                      If that were true, than the end sequence wouldn't have taken anyone on Atlantis by surprise, and Weir, Beckett, and Zelenka wouldn't have reacted the way that they did.

Also, am I the only one asking about the technology that they should have extracted from the downed Wraith cruiser in the Defiant One?
                      I doubt that a cruiser carries much key information.

Comment

Hi there my first post. Just wanted to say how fricken awesom this ep was. I personally don't think that the atlantis team was as stupid as what alot of people think under the circumstance of being black mail. I loved how in the first season cliffhanger was showing the raw power fire of the wraith, where by this season gave us an insight to the wraith's intellect and manipulative nature giving them a more dangerous edge, there for giving it a diferent tone. I really loved season2 more than season1. One thing I relly like about Atlantis is the set and costume design and every thing else that come with the package.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                          Everyone keeps missing the fact that Mckay sabotaged the "friendly" Hive.

Where did you gather that information Fallen? Although I could believe it. They may not have underestimated the Wraith as much as I thought, that could be believable. I know that after watching the ep, that when Teyla had serious problems with the idea...John seemed a bit worried about that..so him and McKay probably did devise a plan.

I'm just a bit worried though because in the moments of him and Hermiod we see him far more overwhelmed by the Wraith ships..but then again in the same episode when there was a delayed acceptance by the Wraith...McKay did say something along the lines of 'That was interesting...' and that attitude does make me suspicious....hmmmm.you might be on to something Fallen...

But now the question is..why allow themselves to get kidnapped....Maybe so the Wraith ship while in hyperspace get's out of range of other Wraith ships? And they then blow it up so that contact can't be made to local Wraith ships so all out war? Now the question also is...is Weir aware of this? Or not? How is gonna feel about that about the plan, if she's unaware, and finds out?

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                            , your one true god; the Furlings
                            Kip Cathey would have something to say about that....Furlings are Kitty's not Bunnies...

check this out..the real Furlings:

"Prepare to die life sucker..." hisses Commander Tabby Purr.

and

They kill Wraiths too....Anything that keeps them away from Fancy Feast!!
                            [Kitten Cat, models the latest in Furling weaponry!]

and

This is them when they see the Wraith!!
                            General Kitty Meow says, "Stay away from my Fancy Feasts!" "AAAAAHHHHHH!!"

I can't wait to see them...kicking butt! That gun looks better than a P90.
                            Last edited by vaberella; 03 February 2006, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelOfDeath

Angel
                              No, Weir looked too shocked and horrified when she heard the news. However, McKay was smart enough to sabotage the Wraith hive's systems and various other things when working on repairing it.

Comment

Was it just me... or did the sound effects of the Wraith ship landing sound familiar... like maybe a sound effect I've heard in Star Wars? I think it sounded for too similiar to be accidental. Did anyone else notice that?
                                The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                                Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                                My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                                Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Working...
                                X