Michael (218)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First just let me say, please don't kill me. I'm a mother to two children
    With that done, I really disliked the character Trip from Enterprise. Couldn't stand him.
    BUT, I liked the actor's Michael. Am I forgiven? Very well done.
    Also I really enjoyed Paul's Beckett. He's very good with showing emotions on his face.
    Still have to go and watch Allies.
    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

ronan to want to kill micheal was the right thing to do
      Spoiler:
      as we see in the later seasons
      and i feel bad he gets ignored.

Comment

We'll have to agree to disagree on that, at least at this point in the series.

Spoiler:
        Unfortunately later on, Michael became irredeemable
        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I haven't seen all episodes of SGA (I'm in the middle of 3rd season) but as far, "Michael" is the best (and my fav) episode.
          Not only because of good story, but mostly thanks to Connor Trieenner, who did exelent job on Michaels character (duh, I became a fan>.<).

Dunno how about you, but I felt so sorry about MK.
          He was turned against his will. Treated as the guinea-pig. Ok, it is Wraith, but after all even it will be possible to talk to them. Entirely the ill-considered decision resulted in awful consequences.
          Now the Michael cannot attach neither to people, nor to Wraith. Humans will always be afraid of him on account of his strong constitution, instinct and the possibility of the return transformation (what as a matter of fact happened), and Wraith treat him now like the second-class person, worse than human.
          It's terrible cos both species are very social. Someone can say that he or she is loner, but in fact we can't live without other people.

The second sad thing, which make me mad, that Weir decided to do it again to Michael. Just come on! How can you be so cruel?!

I understand him and I'm absolving him from his proceedings.
          '- Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!
          - Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth.
          - Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?
          - Yes.
          [long pause] - Friend!!'

Comment

Michael was a great episode. Like a bunch of ones later in the show, it displayed the ethical implications of what they were doing - you can see how ashamed they feel sometimes, and it makes the characters feel more human.

Comment

That's why I started to like SGA. First season wasn't that good. But in second they develope team characters and showed more Wraith which stopped being walking cosmic vampires
              - Yes.
              [long pause] - Friend!!'

Comment

Originally posted by diana6echo View Post
                The second sad thing, which make me mad, that Weir decided to do it again to Michael. Just come on! How can you be so cruel?!
                In war - everything is fair game. He wouldn't have tought twice about doing it to her if the roles were reversed.
                Last edited by Falcon Horus; 23 April 2009, 10:50 AM.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

ok, but still I think that if they weren't change him into human he'd never start his work with hybrids
                  besides, he'd suck them out to dry if he had a chance to do it before they turned him
                  - Yes.
                  [long pause] - Friend!!'

Comment

Making "Michael" human was very weird. The poor guy was scared, had bad dreams ...After that, his own people - including the Queen - rejected him.

Comment

why did they even bother trying to convince him he was human why not tell him that he could help millions of innocent people in the galaxy...maybe his wraitheness wouldnt allow him to be human even if he wanted to

Comment

I have recently been re-watching all the Michael episodes, and I have to say this is still his best.

Although I am not a big fan of the fact that we can turn the Wrath into Humans, I still really like this episode because of the moral questions it answers and the rare perspective we get from the Wrath's point of view. This is the first real time we actually feel for a Wrath character and to some extent even sympathize with his point of view. With the most interesting argument being "is it wrong to be a Wrath, do you cure it", with Michael making a good and very true point that him being a Wrath is not something you can "Cure" as its not a disease, its just who he is.

I think this epsiode is the closest we get towards seeing the Team as the bad guys. Which is great.
                        sigpic
                        Banner Made By Me for Me
                        The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
                          I have recently been re-watching all the Michael episodes, and I have to say this is still his best.

Although I am not a big fan of the fact that we can turn the Wrath into Humans, I still really like this episode because of the moral questions it answers and the rare perspective we get from the Wrath's point of view. This is the first real time we actually feel for a Wrath character and to some extent even sympathize with his point of view. With the most interesting argument being "is it wrong to be a Wrath, do you cure it", with Michael making a good and very true point that him being a Wrath is not something you can "Cure" as its not a disease, its just who he is.

I think this epsiode is the closest we get towards seeing the Team as the bad guys. Which is great.
                          i agree with u this is a great episode i will have to watch it again
                          sigpic

Comment

Michael is a very good ep, I can't stop watching it and don't want to stop.
                            Todd: There is much about wraith that you do not know.

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post

The fact that this episode raises such moral dilemma reminds me of Star Trek. The essence of the entire franchise is well grounded in morality, and challenging your ethics. The way in which this episode deals with these dilemma makes this episode so great.

Comment

Anyone notice that when Michael was sparring with Teyla, and he took her down, his hand was in feeding position on her chest?
                                Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
                                ---
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X