No announcement yet.

Critical Mass (213)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for that! Here's another question for is technologically retarded folk...how do you a) convert it into an iTunes file to put onto an iPos; and b) how do you remove the video so it's an audio file only?

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus Carter View Post
      Thanks for that! Here's another question for is technologically retarded folk...how do you a) convert it into an iTunes file to put onto an iPos; and b) how do you remove the video so it's an audio file only?
      LOL! Well, to answer your first question, I use a program called "Videora iPod Converter" which I got off a PC magazine cover-disc. I'm not sure if you can download it off the internet or not. You're welcome to go and look if you want. But sometimes it either doesn't convert the files at all or the video doesn't quite sync with the audio for some reason. There are of course various options you can tweak though which may correct this.

To answer your second question, I'm afraid I don't know how to do so. But I would imagine such a thing would be illegal and go against the creators rights and wishes. All I can say is that both myself and various other fans (especially on Joel's official web forum) are constantly asking for more Stargate (SG-1 & Atlantis) soundtracks to be released, including music like "Beyond The Night" and "Camelot". All they say is that they thank us for our continued input and support for such projects, but such plans are currently held-up because they've got to negotiate for the rights from the show's producers, production companies or whoever else is involved in such things. So, I'm afraid you're going to have to wait like the rest of us for a proper recording of the music. I would love to have it all ASAP though, obviously. LOL!
      sigpic

Comment

i did'nt believe it was rachael singing the whole time i watched this.. i got on this forum to find out if it was really her and it turned out to be her.. Looking back on this episode after seeing every episode up to Season 5 Episode 10 i can honostly say this is in my top 10..
        Jason Elmore
        [email protected]
        Gamertag: Got Seven
        www.myspace.com/jasonmelmore
        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
          i liked it when hermiod told kavanagh to shut up and when zelenka was in paint that was sooo funny =)

Was a very good episode had me guessing till the end
          Tst

Comment

Originally posted by spinny magee View Post
            Spoiler:
            i liked it when hermiod told kavanagh to shut up and when zelenka was in paint that was sooo funny =)

Was a very good episode had me guessing till the end
            asgard will personalty is great
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I personally love Kavaneugh, or however you spell it.

"There no need for The Trust to blow it up when Doctor Weir's at the helm!"

Hahaha, I always got a kick out of that. I'd be his friend.

Comment

I loved Teyla's song in this episode. It didn't seem out of place at all for me. I loved the juxtaposition of the song and the other action in Atlantis.

I too was shocked that it really was Rachel!
                WEIR: We wouldn’t be having this problem if the damn Alpha site that we’d picked hadn’t been marked by the Wraith.
                SHEPPARD: They’re a real pain in the ass, aren’t they?!
                WEIR: Yes they are!

Comment

I enjoyed this ep

it was funny (twilight bark/lotr thing had me chuckling for hours (geeky i know))
                  It was sae ( poor teyla charon dying)
                  It had important decisions (moral- to torture or not to torture)
                  it had a twist ( caldwell evil ?! )

ok so it was kinda obvious caldwell was bad but hey, i still enjoyed it

: )
                  SGA is cool.

Cancellation is not

Comment

Originally posted by spinny magee View Post
                    Spoiler:

hahaha zelinka - he is awesome
                    and hermoid - "crap indeed "
                    SGA is cool.

Cancellation is not

Comment

i wish ronan had the chance
                      Spoiler:
                      to kick kavanagh's arse when he had the chance
                      he is so annoying. i liked teyla singing in this ep too, great episode

Comment

Just saw this episode.

I give it a solid 8 out of 10.

I found the Dr. Lee scene extremely funny. Something no one has commented on is he indicated he has children, which implies he is (or was) married as well. I got the dalmation reference immediately (anyone who has children has seen the movie countless times!) but I laughed that all the geeks only got it on the LOTR reference.

I also enjoyed the crossover of characters. Another fine scene was Hermiod telling Kavanagh to shut up. However, Weir & Co were totally off base in accusing Kavanagh, they lacked even circumstantial evidence - I think this was a thin attempt to mirror certain events in the USA. The writers best leave that to the BSG team, they do it far better and it is more in theme with their show then SGA.

Any scenes with Dr Zalenka are also welcome, I just don't feel he ever really got his due in this series, although there is one episode where he improves on Rodney's encryption routines, and of course in the finale, he succeeds in implementing Rodney's draft work on the wormhole drive.

I would be all for an offshoot series featuring Zalenka and other secondary characters - I believe it would do quite well.

Rachel has a wonderful voice, but that whole scene was to long, and the dubbing was truly awful.
                        ---------------------
                        sigpic
                        Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
                          I personally love Kavaneugh, or however you spell it.

"There no need for The Trust to blow it up when Doctor Weir's at the helm!"

Hahaha, I always got a kick out of that. I'd be his friend.
                          I really don't like Kavanagh, he is too bound up with procedures and conventions; I hoped to see him guilty, but it wuold have been too foregone.

Originally posted by PenguinFF View Post
                          I loved Teyla's song in this episode. It didn't seem out of place at all for me. I loved the juxtaposition of the song and the other action in Atlantis.

I too was shocked that it really was Rachel!
                          I agree. I loved seeing Teyla singing a song of hope while the rest of the team was frustrated and in dispair.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by RogueRanger

Comment

I'm not sure whether anyone's already answered this question so apologies if they have, but was Colonel Caldwell under the influence of the Goa'uld even back when the Daedalus showed up in 'The Siege - Part 3' or is it only more recently, because in the episode 'Critical Mass' when confronting Caldwell, Weir says:

"Your identification code was used to identify this city's operating system! You copied it, took it back to The Trust, whose Goa'uld scientists then rewrote the programme to overload the ZPM! You then brought it back here and uploaded it into the Atlantis computers!"
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bobsenior View Post
                              I'm not sure whether anyone's already answered this question so apologies if they have, but was Colonel Caldwell under the influence of the Goa'uld even back when the Daedalus showed up in 'The Siege - Part 3' or is it only more recently, because in the episode 'Critical Mass' when confronting Caldwell, Weir says:

"Your identification code was used to identify this city's operating system! You copied it, took it back to The Trust, whose Goa'uld scientists then rewrote the programme to overload the ZPM! You then brought it back here and uploaded it into the Atlantis computers!"
                              I think more recently, because the Daedalus was travelling non-stop from Earth to Atlantis...
                              sigpic
                              Sig by RogueRanger

Comment

when i saw this i was like OMG Caldwell is evil and then his eyes glowed....crazy

Comment

Working...
                                X