No announcement yet.

Critical Mass (213)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed. I would love to see her sing again.

Comment

Never before had I even imanged Rachel having such a voice! Lovely, just lovely!

I was shocked when Caldwell turned out to have a Goa'uld in him! I had not seen that coming at all!

I would of loved to see Kavenaugh have a Goa'uld in him!

Comment

Part of me was hoping it was him... but i do agree, having it being in cadwell was a shocker..

Comment

I liked this ep, I really did. BUT. It's like the writers built up this wonderful suspense complete with red herrings and twists and seeming inevitable destruction, then suddenly realized that 'Damn, we only have ten minutes left, quick, let's make up something, anything, to end this ep'.

I mean, seriously- Goa'uld!Caldwell, 'I must warn you...I have the strength of many men...', and then proceeds to get his butt kicked by Ronan without putting up any resistance at all. I know the Goa'uld are frequently represented as arrogant imbeciles, but how hard is it for one that's been fooling them so competently all along to fake surprise, maintain it's not *him* and keep the Atlantis team guessing and debating and angsting. After the near miss with Kavanaugh, I don't think they would have leapt straight into a torture session and besides, the Goa'uld can heal the host, so whatever they did to him, he could've moaned and whined and been giggling inside at how he's manipulating them still. There was only ten minutes, he could've faked them out for ten more minutes. It's just inconsistent with the character that all season, he's pulled the wool over their eyes and then at the crucial moment, he messes up and declares that it was him all along.

Also, he could've said he was set up. Someone had stolen his codes. It's not too hard to make a defense that 'why would I be dumb enough to use my own codes, huh? As you said, Dr Weir, when you have a ship full of geniuses, any one of them could do something like this, they could have conceivably stolen my access codes or faked my authorization'. It was a lazy finish, that's all I'm saying. The ep appealed to me emotionally, and I loved the singing and the mounting tension as things kept going wrong, but the Caldwell thing was lame.
          'I am frightened that the flame of hate will burn me
          will scorch my pride, scar my heart
          It will burn and I cannot put it out...'

Sig by Falcon Horus- thank you!

my LJ of squee *myspace of angst * my fic of random

My OTP forever, by Stef, who is awesome:
          Spoiler:

Thanks, Stef!

Comment

Originally posted by borgprincess View Post
            I liked this ep, I really did. BUT. It's like the writers built up this wonderful suspense complete with red herrings and twists and seeming inevitable destruction, then suddenly realized that 'Damn, we only have ten minutes left, quick, let's make up something, anything, to end this ep'.
            I got that feeling a few times this season. It's really too bad when episodes are mostly great, but then get rushed at the end.

Comment

I have to agree, they way they had cadwell 'give up' was way out of character imo for a gou'ald..

Comment

I would not have minded for this episode to go for longer.

Comment

Originally posted by HyperCaz View Post
                  I would not have minded for this episode to go for longer.
                  Heck, i could have easily seen this pushed into being a 2 parter.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                    I just watched this ep again and I still love it. I thought it was a great ep and really loved the ring ceremony with Teyla singing. Rachel can really sing very well. Am I the only one who liked that part?
                    I liked that part (my hubby did too, but he likes anything she does ). I always find it interesting when the actors are able to bring in their own talents, outside of acting, to the small screen.
                    sigpic
                    Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

I wonder if she has an actual album out..

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode, I watched it again the other day…i love the Teyla-singing-as-they-found-out-caldwell-was-a-goa'uld-bit! I thought it was well done..
                        sigpic

Comment

A pretty good episode, but not my favorite. Caldwell a Goa'uld was a surprise and that's good.

It was interesting to see Kavanaugh again. He's a jerk but that doesn't mean that all his views are wrong.

The hiccouphing woman was cute.

Dr. Beckett is such a dear. But Teyla's subplot, while providing us a closer look at Athosian culture and Rachel a chance to show more emotion, didn't fit.
                          She has a pretty voice, though.

The Zelenka ribbing by sheppard and McKay was funny.

Comment

i have recently bought the s2 boxset so sat down and watched this the other day , good to see some glowing eyes action again it has been quite some time since saw a goa'uld next thing there will be a hatak decending over atlantis

good ep and teyla has a nice singing voice

Comment

Hubby watched this one with me. He got all excited when he saw Dr. Lee. Apparently he's worked with the guy years ago. It would've been in Ontario because my hubby's never been to BC. But every once in awhile he recognizes someone.
                              Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Re-watched this ep the other day, and I have to say that with the second viewing it structurally sat a lot better with me. And it's still a great ep.

Comment

Working...
                                X