No announcement yet.

The Lost Boys (210)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also don't believe Ford's "I want to go home" speech was a lie. That was really the only time I felt like we were actually talking to Aiden. There is definitely a Jekyll and Hyde relationship between Aiden and SuperFord, Oh, and before everyone goes dooming Ford because of their capture, the Wraith know that a lot of the expedition made it to the Alpha Site, so there's no reason to think that just because they find a few Terrans running around they'll assume the city is still exists.

It would seem like the female Wraith are the one's with the most powerful telepathic abilities, so possibly if she is able to read Shep's mind, the jig is up. I'm guessing something happens to free him before she is able to do that.

Great episode! The fact that Teyla and Ronon (and Rodney) are on the drug bodes well for an eventually Ford recovery. Since we know that Teyla and Rodney (maybe Ronon) will be cured from the drug, maybe the same procedure would work for Aiden.

I'm not entirely sure Rodney is really on the drug (or maybe his artificially-imposed ATA gene is blocking its effects) because he isn't behaving at all like like the others. Well, Jace seems pretty well-adjusted so maybe if you start out a genius you don't get quite as aggressive. Too bad Jace had to die. I liked him.
    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I think the "cure" for the enzyme is to simply wean your way off of it or go cold turkey like sarcophagi addition... it sucks but that’s what you have to do. I imagine that Ronan and Teyla will have a couple of bad weeks... I think they stopped giving McKay the drug before he got too addicted (if he ever was) or he could have some type of natural immunity like he did with the retroviruses or maybe because he’s allergic to citrus or something. To me he was just acting like stressed McKay, which is really no different then he ever acts, except he wasn’t thinking as clearly.
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Well we saw another wraith female

Are the females considered queens?
        Do the males serve the female?
        Is there one to a hive ship?
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

My guess is that the females are the most powerful telepathically, and if they continue with the insect analogy, there really should be only one per ship. I don't know if she's in charge per se, but she is very important.
          Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

How borg like!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
              The last scene shows that the Wraith can obviously manipulate part of Shep's mind, indicating that telepathy can probably also be used like it was on Colonel Sumner in "Rising". In that case, it is entirely possible that the Wraith will find out that Atlantis wasn't destroyed, so it will be interesting to see how that plays out. Also, Jace (?) mentioned that Teyla seems to be largely responsible for the restructuring of the Wraith fleet because they don't want to risk her tapping into the system.
              Back in "Siege" our friend Bob told Sheppard that the others would know what he had done. I figured the "Queen" Wraith was checking out his mind/memories. . they will probably want to do something "special" to our dear Sheppard after that.

The whole bit about Teyla fracturing the Shadows, er, um. .Lyta confusing the Wraith fleet, ah, Lyta/Teyla finding more people like themselves to help. . . ah. . .*cough*Babylon5*cough*. Oh yeah, TEYLA and the WRAITH. I got it straight now. Well, we've seen this scenario done before. And why the heck didn't Teyla "feel" the Wraith prisoners Ford had in the cave?

I'm with Shadow - there IS a part of Ford that wants to go home. I have queasy feeling that he never will.

Best line of the night: "Artoo, turn off the autopilot" *LOL*

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I would consider them queens I suppose. It makes sense, as they seems to be few and far between, and also always seem to be in some position of power.

but,

>>>

Comment

Wtf?
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                    Back in "Siege" our friend Bob told Sheppard that the others would know what he had done. I figured the "Queen" Wraith was checking out his mind/memories. . they will probably want to do something "special" to our dear Sheppard after that.

The whole bit about Teyla fracturing the Shadows, er, um. .Lyta confusing the Wraith fleet, ah, Lyta/Teyla finding more people like themselves to help. . . ah. . .*cough*Babylon5*cough*. Oh yeah, TEYLA and the WRAITH. I got it straight now. Well, we've seen this scenario done before. And why the heck didn't Teyla "feel" the Wraith prisoners Ford had in the cave?

I'm with Shadow - there IS a part of Ford that wants to go home. I have queasy feeling that he never will.

Best line of the night: "Artoo, turn off the autopilot" *LOL*
                    Poor Shep! I think we're going to get in some major character whumping by the time the night is through in January! And the Teyla thing -- could be interesting, but yes, the scenario is kind of recycled. TPTB have to throw in some new ideas to make it seem novel to the audience. And maybe she couldn't detect them because they were unconscious -- Ford said that it prevented them from sending, so maybe she had nothing to pick up on as a result. And Ford...sigh. The scene with Shep really broke my heart. As much as he may have been checking Shep's loyalties, that was really convincing acting on his part, so much so that I also think part of him is lost and frightened. He does want to go home, but I don't think he'll ever make it there. LOL! Loved the Star Wars reference -- Shep had me on the floor laughing!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                      My guess is that the females are the most powerful telepathically, and if they continue with the insect analogy, there really should be only one per ship. I don't know if she's in charge per se, but she is very important.
                      The whole situation with the Wraith female does seem to echo back to "Rising", which makes me think that the females are maybe the "caretakers" of the hive ships and that they are more telepathically aggressive or powerful.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

How does Ellia fit into this theory? She wasn't found on a downed hive ship, are they not important until they are adults?
                        It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

An interesting episode. First,
                          Spoiler:
                          I'm afraid Teyla and Ronan will always want the enzyme, which should create some interesting dynamics in future episodes. At this point, I have to side with Caldwell on Ford. I hope he ends up dying heroicly saving Sheppard and his team.
                          Of course, once they ween Ford off the drug, they can play the under alien influence card. Still, it's going to be hard for Ford to go from SuperFord to a man in his forties. Unfortunately, there are things one can't do at forty that they can do at twenty. People don't bounce back as fast, and Ford's going to hate that. How are they going to explain his altered appearance back on Earth? Tortured POW?

Back to The Lost Boys,
                          Spoiler:
                          People on the enzyme can't be trusted. First, take the geniii, he attacked his own people. So loyalty goes out the window. Interesting point about Teyla not sensing the wraiths. Does she only sense them when they're conscious? Of course, Sheppard didn't tell Ford about the autopilot, he had no intention of flying to the hive ship. So, with HIS plan, it wouldn't have been a problem.

I like to speculate how they get out of this mess.

We don't know how much time passed while Sheppard was
                          Spoiler:
                          unconscious. Did Lorne get lucky and catch up with McKay and take out his guards?

Somewhere on this board, they mentioned that "The Hive" would have a huge space battle. So I wonder if Lorne summons Caldwell's ship.

How does Sheppard manage to survive, and does he get fed upon? From that one second January preview, we can determine that if he gets aged, it's not much. Because there is no grey in his beard.

Can Teyla manage to mentally connect with a wraith, take him over and save Sheppard? Can Teyla manage to convince their wraith guard that they've escaped their cell and overpower them when they go to investigate.

Of one thing I'm pretty sure. This Hive ship will need to be
                          Spoiler:
                          destroyed, to protect their cover.

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
                            How does Ellia fit into this theory? She wasn't found on a downed hive ship, are they not important until they are adults?
                            After Rising I always subscribed to the queen theory but Ellia didnt fit

But Lost Boys indicates 'queen'
                            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                              It's hard to tell just where the females fit in with the wraith. The purple haired keeper obviously was sorta running the ship in "Rising," and it's hard to tell if purple was her real hair color or if she got so bored she was dying it with Koolaid

But the female wraith that had Shep on his knees at the end of LOST BOYs, well, she sure does seem interested in him.....

They show mostly male wraith (maybe it's a costuming thing, who knows) but "Instinct" showed that the wraith are sorta human before they go totally suck-the-life-out-of you in puberty.

Comment

An interesting episode. First,
                                Spoiler:
                                I'm afraid Teyla and Ronan will always want the enzyme, which should create some interesting dynamics in future episodes. At this point, I have to side with Caldwell on Ford. I hope he ends up dying heroicly saving Sheppard and his team.
                                Of course, once they ween Ford off the drug, they can play the under alien influence card. Still, it's going to be hard for Ford to go from SuperFord to a man in his forties. Unfortunately, there are things one can't do at forty that they can do at twenty. People don't bounce back as fast, and Ford's going to hate that. How are they going to explain his altered appearance back on Earth? Tortured POW?

I dont' think they're going to get Ford back. My theory is that Ford will redeem himself, to a degree, by somehow saving Shep's team by sacrificing hismelf/staying behind so that Shep and the others can escape (at least I'd like to see something noble come out of it). Killing Ford would be a mistake (at least for TPTB) but leaving his fate up in the air is okay.

I like to speculate how they get out of this mess.

How does Sheppard manage to survive, and does he get fed upon? From that one second January preview, we can determine that if he gets aged, it's not much. Because there is no grey in his beard.

The beard shot is not from "The Hive." It's from a future episode, but I won't say why as that would be a spoiler....

Can Teyla manage to mentally connect with a wraith, take him over and save Sheppard? Can Teyla manage to convince their wraith guard that they've escaped their cell and overpower them when they go to investigate

You mean the wraith who has Shep on his knees? Female wraith Probably not. They can block her (remember "The Siege").

Comment

Working...
                                X