The Lost Boys (210)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
    He clearly pwns Vader and Vader is a badass who could kill like a thousand Wraith
    He pawns Vader? How much did he get for him?
    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
      He pawns Vader? How much did he get for him?
      The word pwn, (past tense: "pwned" or "pwnt") as used by the Internet gaming subculture, means to beat or dominate an opponent. While it probably originated as a typing error of the word "own", it is now used intentionally by many members of the subculture. The term has become so ubiquitous in Internet circles that it is often used outside of gaming contexts; for example, "he just got pwned in that debate" or "the hunters pwned that bear
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
        I didn't even notice the thread title...

Ford always seemed to me to have the potential for snotty chip-on-the-shoulder brattiness. It certainly came out in The Storm/The Eye and Hot Zone. To me the enzyme brings out the worst traits in people and it brings out all the resentful uncertainty in Ford that he wouldn't normally display, that he probably wouldn't even be aware that he has.
        That was my thought as well. Remember that nasty look Ford gave when Sheppard wasn't looking in Seige 2? He's been pretty "Me" focussed. Here Sheppard was depressed about Sumner, and Ford was talking about an apartment with an ocean view.

I didn't see disloyalty in Ronan and Teyla when they were hyped up on the enzyme. Though they didn't react too much to Sheppard getting an elbow in the jaw.

Comment

Originally posted by mgbland
          I didn't see disloyalty in Ronan and Teyla when they were hyped up on the enzyme. Though they didn't react too much to Sheppard getting an elbow in the jaw.
          It was more like two naughty children fighting, then accidently hitting their dad...sort of 'Ooops, did we do that?' before moving quickly back to what they were doing...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
          "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Remember that nasty look Ford gave when Sheppard wasn't looking in Seige 2?
            That was after he was the bait in a trap and got tossed around by a Wraith! I'd've given Shep a dirty look, too! Apparently Ford hatas don't look at context.

Comment

He's been pretty "Me" focused.
              "Me" focused?! [Expletive] that!

Yeah, he was really "me focused" when he went back for Sheppard in Rising. Yeah, he was so "me focused" when he saved Stackhouse from the energy creature in Hide & Seek, knowing full-well that he was going to get hit. Really "me focused" when he opened the rear hatch in 38 Minutes, exposing himself to hard vacuum to save his friends. He was especially "me focused" when he was willing to risk his life and fly through a super-storm to save Shep in Storm/Eye.

Those are all the "me focused" moments I can think of off the top of my head.

"Me" focused...

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                Is it possible that the queen represses the other females?
                That's a good theory. I would hate it if there's just 1 female wraith per hive. Maybe there's lots of other female wraith not they weren't in that part of the hive ship. Prehaps females dominant the males in wraith soc and that's why they are ruled by a female wraith. Possibly the keeper was a queen apprendice. I agree that the possible reason Elia didn't seem like a queen might had been her upbringing, but maybe there's just normal females or they all have extra powers but not all have high positions.
                sigpic

Comment

My DVR failed to record the last minute or so of this episode. I saw Shep walking to a dark, high ceilinged room after leaving the prison cell, then it cut off.
                  What did I miss?
                  Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
                  Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

Comment

I thought it was a good ep, did enjoy just wish more of it was spent on the hive ship and not in a cave. It was interesting to learn more about wraith technology and a little more about how their soc works. God knows how the wraith can read the info on the ship with the way it's shown. Even through I found most of the ep where most of team were being forcibly druged entertaining, it was quite a weird story line, expsecially as they were keeping live wraith there! How dangerous and crazy! Ford came across as being totally messed up and so did his friends and I found the effect of the drug on Teyla and Ronon distrubing. I learned more about Weir feelings towards Shep, how she wasn't going to give up searching for Shep and she found it hard to include in her report that he and his team might be dead. I feel this shows she does like him. Couldn't understand why Lorne was so willing to give up! It was cool to see the inside of a hive ship, exspecially where the ships land but not so much the rest of it, why is it so dark? At least there was another female wraith (at last)!!! Even through all she did was say kneel and make Shep do just that, it was the best part of the ep as it made a change from the usual male wraith on the show. Can't wait to find out what happens next, have read spoilers but I want to know what happens just after!!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

He was taken to see a wraith female and then it ended
                      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by TheObiJuan
                        My DVR failed to record the last minute or so of this episode. I saw Shep walking to a dark, high ceilinged room after leaving the prison cell, then it cut off.
                        What did I miss?
                        You have to watch it again, it was the best part of the ep. This is what happened:

Shep is approched by the hive queen:

She looks at him (probably deciding what to do with him):

She then repeats in a strange voice kneel non stop and he starts to kneel:

He struggles but can't help kneeling:

And then:

Hope that helps, took me ages to get all the pics the right size and upload them etc but just discovered how to do this and it's a good part of the ep you missed so thought you should see what happened.

Another thing I want to add is that in the wraith journal that was on the scifi site the writer said he or she had a female friend who was a scientist. So either she was like the queen and keeper in terms of power and status and also a scientist or as he referred to her as being just a friend, maybe she wasn't like them and more like the male wraith.
                        sigpic

Comment

^ Well they vanished - they have 50 addresses to check but nothing says that whoever took them just didn't stop off on multiple planets on the way to their destination. The trails quickly growing cold and even with the Daedalus its unlikely that they'll find anything.

My moneys on Rodney finding them
                          sigpic

Comment

But it's not like they were searching for ages, if it takes a month, then a team should be part a side to find them. Atlantis just can't forget about ppl because they might be impossible to find, they should at least try.
                            sigpic

Comment

Lorne wasn't giving up he was just being a realist about their chances of finding the team. He was stating the facts to Weir not trying to convince her to give up.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                              Spoiler:

Comment

[QUOTE]
                                Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                                Sheppard couldn't take on Ford or his friends physically, so he had to come up with a plan of his own - play along, scoop up his team, and get outta Dodge. He didn't "allow" Teyla and Ronon to take the drug - it was in their food to begin with, and he had no choice. We aren't sure Shep was even aware they were being injected later. He was also probably thinking Beckett can do something for them when they get back to Atlantis.
                                True...I agree with you on this..I guess since he always has the attitude of not giving up so easily or without a good fight...I thought he just gave in too easily...even Rodney picked up on it! But, yes...you do have a point...

I rather liked Teyla in this episode. We saw her inhibitions dropped a bit. .heck, she actually LAUGHED (at/with Ronon, no less). We have never seen her outright laugh, even around Sheppard. I'm thinking she does sort of "notice" Ronon, and he obviously notices her, so the drug made them drop their guard a bit. Neither of them has taken the drug for long, so I wouldn't consider them "addicts" just yet. No one seemed to have the upper hand in the "salad fight" - Teyla was holding her own with Ronon it seemed. It was nothing like the Sheppard "kiss" last week where she was obviously frightened

I like Teyla as well...all I'm stating is that her character was not her usual self, whether it be due to the drugs or just her showing a different side...but you are right again...not necessarily a bad thing....didn't quite like the whole drug thing though....

Its well known around here that you can't stand the character of Weir. Any chance you get. . .you'll take.
                                Well, here we go again....My opinion of Weir is very simple....she needs to excersise her leadership skills better...It has nothing to do with whether I like her or not...I have posted on several threads the positive points that I have found in her character as well as her negative points...It doesn't automatically mean that I dislike this character... I loved her in Conversion...but it is just dissapointing that now we see her having a break down because of Shep and his team...that is weakness in my part...has she done this with the other characters? Even Major Lorne notice the exxageration on her part...clearly the writers were emphasizing this.... And if you read some of my other threads..I am also very critical about my favorite characters as well...Shep and Teyla....Last time I checked there is nothing wrong with stating someone's opinion...and to conclude..I critique every character based on what I see in their performance and their character development...not on whether I like or dislike the character...
                                Last edited by Jeyla4ever; 25 September 2005, 01:30 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X