No announcement yet.

Aurora (209)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they had such powers then they would have known there was a wraith amongst them.And no all Ancients are super-evolved, Thor said it after Jack had used the Ancient repository that his brain was not intended or evolved enough to be able to handle it.

http://www.savestargatesg-1.com
    Originally posted by Unnamed due to Risk of Offending person
    the processor of the gate thats what it is in plainsmen therm
    Strangest thing Iv read on the forum so far!

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
    The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

They were in a Virtual Reality realm, they can't use their powers as they were all in stasis. I also doubt that their powers would manifest itself inside to what amounts to a First-Person view video game with awesome real to life graphics.
      http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
      http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Actually if they couldn't use their powers in that virtually reality realm, I'm sure they'd notice that something wasn't right.

Comment

They didnt even know they were in virtual reality so obviously everything had to be the same as it was outside.

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Comment

the wraith that was on the ship did alter the system so the ancients wouldn't know. its possible to assume that the wraith also 'numbed' there minds. by only alowing the statis to activte certain parts of there brains. so the wraith could just get what she/he wanted. so the ancients didn't know they were in stasis, and to them, they had only just discovered the 'wraith weakness' a few weeks ago, and were on there way back to atlantis. they had no idea that 10k years had passed.
            Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
            (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

I know if I had the power to heal by touching, or move stuff with my mind... I'd do it all the time.

Maybe it's a good thing I'm not an Ancient...........

Comment

Originally posted by Harekin
                If they had such powers then they would have known there was a wraith amongst them.And no all Ancients are super-evolved, Thor said it after Jack had used the Ancient repository that his brain was not intended or evolved enough to be able to handle it.
                Super-evolved yes, actively seeking ascension not so much.

Comment

Never said they were actively seeking ascension, I said they didnt have the super powers they should have given their degree of advanced evolution.They were too human and could not even consider the fact Sheppard was telling the truth.Given that they are so advanced technologically and physically they should have either checked out Sheppards story or just got one of the crew to read his mind!

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
                    I know if I had the power to heal by touching, or move stuff with my mind... I'd do it all the time.

Maybe it's a good thing I'm not an Ancient...........
                    And you'll die doing it...very soon.

Comment

I'm willing to bet that the Ancients, on their own, haven't developed those nifty psychic powers yet. I'd say that only Ancients who went through the DNA resequencer, as seen in Prototype and therefore evolved to 80-90% total brain capacity would have access to them.

From Hide & Seek:
                      McKay: (talking about Ascention and the energy creature) This is the first indication that there may have been evolutionary intervention to get there.
                      Sheppard: A little gene therapy of their own?
                      sigpic
                      http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Still i thought this was the biggest plot hole so far and certainly the biggest disappointment. The ancients for some reason showed no sign of their super-evolved 50-million-year-more-advanced abilities. Very disappointing indeed that they were waaaaaay to human to be ancient.

Comment

I loved this episode, is one of my favorites from the season. Was surprised by there technology and was surprised to find out that they were in in stasis. I actually liked the ending.
                          Last edited by teal'c2006; 12 March 2007, 06:01 PM.

http://galaxygate.freeforums.org/index.php
                          Come and join My Doctor Who fourm....
                          http://galactictraveler.proboards.com/index.cgi

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post
                            Apparently, I'm in the minority on this one. I loved Aurora and hated The Lost Boys.

We saw character growth on McKay's part, and the writers developed the wounded trust between McKay and Sheppard from the end of Trinity. Ronon and Teyla stalling for more time worked as well.

The episode had humor, action, and character development. Yes, I figured out the first officer was evil quickly, but overall, the episode worked.
                            Don't know about Lost Boys in comparison because I haven't seen it yet, but I agree with the rest of your comments. I really enjoyed the McKay/Sheppard interaction and the interaction among all four members of the team. Rodney once again shows that bravery(going in after Sheppard) and that fear(when the Wraith came out of stasis). The combination of the two is so endearing. And, the Sheppard/McKay frienship seems back on track after Trinity.
                            There were a lot of funny moments to enjoy.

I liked the virtual environment concept too.

Comment

I really liked this episode.
                              Maybe that's because I like episodes with 'ancienty' stuff .

Except the part that the ancient character didn't have enough complexity, it was great. Interesting idea.
                              sigpic

Comment

Whle i agree they could have explored the ancients in the VR environ a little more, i still liked it. Especially that nice little touch at the end when the team was toasting them back on atlantis.

Comment

Working...
                                X