No announcement yet.

Aurora (209)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, love Teyla's technobabble. Goodness the wraith was creepy, though.
    sigpic

Comment

To bad you didn't see much of him however. Wanted to see more of the wraith. I kinda skipped to the point were he finally showed up. And it was almost at the end. The whole ancient thing didn't really interest me. But hey, I'm a wraithfan. (As you must've found out by now.)
      On your knees human!! *hiss*

Comment

This was an awesome episode!!

But some things are not perfectly clear to me:

1. The Aurora was so heavily damaged, how could they have enough energy to keep so many pods active. Why would they go into stasis in the first place. If you have such an important message I'm sure there are safer ways to protect it than going into stasis, rendering the whole ship helpless in space.

2. Why was the wraith all alone out there. This is an important mission. So either you have other guys protecting you or you make sure you cover your tracks by choosing a pod higher up and disposing the body.

3. McKay was able to manipulate the environment so fast (e.g. opening the prison door) but the wraith according to McKay "By the looks of it, they must have found Aurora a long time ago, certainly long enough to figure out how to access and reconfigure the system." They fighted the ancients for 100 years, I'm sure they are as familiar with the technique as the lanteans.

4. The Deadalus sees the two wraith cruiser but they don't see the Deadalus? They should have easily been able to contact other wraith ships that the Deadalus and therefore Atlantis was not destroyed.

5. The telepathic range of the wraith. In THE GIFT Teyla is able to connect to a hive ship which is still 1 week away by hyperdrive. Now those two cruiser are about an hour away and suddenly it's too fare a distance.

6. Where was the wraiths weapon? Shouldn't he have one, especially if he is alone on the ship.

7. The weakness of the wraith
        Spoiler:
        It's a shame they never go into it. Yes, they mention it in EATG, but, come on, that was just some plot device for the ZPM. They never said before that they found out about the weakness, being the inefficient power generation. If that really would be it, the ancients would have found out during the war. If your enemy has not enough power, that's not something you would miss in a 100-year-war.

Probably am to picky, other than that it was a great episode.
        Blue is such a nice color, especially if you have wings.

Comment

If it was an Ancient vessel, would it have a ZPM? You'd think they would try to get that before blowing up the ship.
          Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
            If it was an Ancient vessel, would it have a ZPM? You'd think they would try to get that before blowing up the ship.
            Ups, you found another plot hole.
            No wait the wraith took it and replaced it with an energy source of their own. That would have made a nice twist, if only TPTB would have been a bit more inventive ...
            Blue is such a nice color, especially if you have wings.

Comment

The orion is an Aurora class ship.. and no. we have not seen their lengths mentioned yet. Though at a guess i would put it around 600m.

Comment

I have an idea. Why don't they get the "puddle jumper/time machine" from the SGC and go back in time to get the information about the weakness in wraith technology.

The Aurora has been floating in empty space for thousands of years, all they have to do is pick a date, get in, download the data and get out. There's minimum risk of contaminating the timeline.
                Last edited by Czab; 28 November 2011, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Czab View Post
                  I have an idea. Why don't they get the "puddle jumper/time machine" from the SGC and go back in time to get the information about the weakness in wraith technology.

The Aurora has been floating in empty space for thousands of years, all they have to do is pick a date, get in, download the data and get out. There's minimum risk of contaminating the timeline.
                  The time jumper was lost in time in Moebius
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Joe Mallozzi's thoughts from his Blog:
                    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...the-lost-boys/
                    AURORA (109)

I love a good scifi story and this episode was brimming with cool, SF concepts: time distortion, virtual reality, time travel (of sorts) – and a new (technically Ancient) space ship. A great premise and an equally great ending (for those of us who, as I’ve already said, prefer our endings like we prefer our chocolate: bittersweet). The Aurora set was a redress of the weapons platform from Trinity. We did A LOT of redressing on both shows as a way to keep costs down. Boy, did we get good mileage out of that village.

My fondest memory of this episode had nothing do with the actual episode per se but a behind-the-scenes problem wardrobe came up against. Turned out the helmet on those environmental suits were too small for a dreadlocked Ronon. After some consideration, the obvious solution presented itself: Have Jason’s double take his place in the suit. Anyone notice?

And, finally, the question that everybody asks after the conclusion of this episode: What WAS that crucial piece of data pertaining to a weakness in the wraith that apparently went down with the ship? The answer: You’ll have to ask the writer, Carl Binder.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
                      I know I'm not suppose to say this, but

I can't wait to download this (or maybe I'll wait till friday)

yeah, if SciFi had aired it Last friday, Canada would've seen it second, instead of us
                      Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
                      Just watched it and it was pretty good. Using GateWorld's Episode rating system, I'd rate it a **1/2 to *** (I can't choose between the two)

Good parts:
                      Ronon Watching the two guys playing chess
                      Sheppard's team already ready for the mission
                      The ending (the toast)
                      Post #3 Wow, this is my 4th post in this thread.

Agreed with myself 100%. That chick was hot.

Tomorrow, Ford returns.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                        The answer: You’ll have to ask the writer, Carl Binder.[/I]
                        Does anyone know if binder ever "Gave up the goods""??

Comment

Even though we get to see some Ancients in action and what their ships looked like it was still a boring episode for me. They could have been the crew of the Daedalus running the ship with the way they talked and approached things.

Plus we never find out what the vital information was.

Caldwell is getting more irritable in recent episodes. Never noticed first time round, but it all makes sense when we get to 'Critical Mass.'

Comment

Personally i would have loved it if right near the end of the series, they had a little snip where say Mccay goes over some data from somewhere and then realizes That it was the 'weakness' mentioned in Aurora...

Comment

MIdweek, another ep of Atlantis...

1. Another ep I came to associate with a cool music vid which I can't find anymore.

2. Forgot how much of a mess the ship was in.

3. Forgot about the shootout with the Wraith.

4. Interesting how Caldwell was played here.

Good ep.
                              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode. Loved that the wraith was able to get in and manipulate the environment to gain what info he needed and Shep was able to get in save the day. I thought the ending with the champagne(?) was a nice touch as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X