X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mgbland
    In the cave scene,
    Spoiler:
    how did Sheppard manage to anchor himself to the egg sack? He still had his shoes on, and his hands were occupied with securing the eggs.
    Or perhaps it was a bug-like ability to cling to things.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard
      Or perhaps it was a bug-like ability to cling to things.
      That would be a reasonable assumption had Shep not being wearing clothes or shoes... *salacious fangirl tendencies in overdrive*

Just another plothole me thinks...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
      "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

I know! Use his evil mutant hand to shoot some spider web up to the eggs . . .

No, been done before . . .

Sheppard just needed to take off his shoes, maybe make some transparent shoes for JF, so it just looks like he's barefoot. He did look like he was wrapping his legs around the egg sack though.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
          zero.point.snark has the review for "Conversion" now up:

http://www.livejournal.com/community...nark/4543.html

Late due to Ms. Pooh engaged in something called "Defense of a Master's Thesis". Personally, I don't find that a reasonable excuse. .but.

Remember - not for kiddies!

Oh yeah. . .Pooh is now a Master of Sciences!

ROTFL. After reading this, I probably got to go to confession! Loved the evil mutating hand!

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
            zero.point.snark has the review for "Conversion" now up:

http://www.livejournal.com/community...nark/4543.html

Late due to Ms. Pooh engaged in something called "Defense of a Master's Thesis". Personally, I don't find that a reasonable excuse. .but.

Remember - not for kiddies!

Oh yeah. . .Pooh is now a Master of Sciences!
            LOL. I'm still laughing at that an hour later...

ZPS is brilliant...can't wait for next two at some stage in the future...especially the one for Aurora...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
            "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by mgbland
              In the cave scene, how did Sheppard manage to anchor himself to the egg sack? He still had his shoes on, and his hands were occupied with securing the eggs.
              Heck, could just press his legs together. Sounds silly, but that's part of hte way you hang onto a horse! Since he's already demonstrated superstrength, he probably just squeezed his legs together and hung on. After all, we have no idea how sticky the actual outside of the egg sack was either. Everything in scifi tends to be gooey and sticky.

Comment

3 more hours...then I can actually use the Atlantis forum again w/out worrying about having the mid-season finale being blown for me

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                  Heck, could just press his legs together. Sounds silly, but that's part of hte way you hang onto a horse! Since he's already demonstrated superstrength, he probably just squeezed his legs together and hung on. After all, we have no idea how sticky the actual outside of the egg sack was either. Everything in scifi tends to be gooey and sticky.
                  He did look like he had his legs wrapped around the egg sack.

Comment

Remember that pane of glass Sheppard broke? How did the Expedition Team repair it? I'm sure it wasen't just regular glass. Im sure the Ancients has some kind of special super glass lol. Thoughts?
                    302's lead the way!

Comment

Question, I can't find the names of the actors that played Walker and Stevens (died in cave) anywhere. All I can find is Todd Hann as Bravo leader and Andy Nez as soldier but that was the dude guarding Sheppards door. Can anybody help me?

Comment

Have you tried the credits at the end of the episode? Sometimes they're useful and list people as to what role it was (dead soldier in cave) rather than a name.

Comment

Conversion aired in the UK last night and I must say that it was much better than Instinct. Joe was brilliant and I kept imagining what it must have been like to have to go through make up for every scene. Admittidly the conversion was slightly, shall we say, creepy he became the exact opposite of how he normally is. The smashing glass scene didn't work as you could see latter on when they were in Weirs Office talking about how to get a egg you could tell that there was glass in there! Great Acting by all cast members and the Caldwell Weir scenes were perfect!

Conversion Recieves a S.G.C rating of 8 out of 9 Chevrons

Comment

I absolutely loved Conversion.
                            Firstly, credit must go to Joe Flanigan here. He always does such alot with the little he's given, but here he was given more and rose to the challenge brilliantly.
                            It would have been so easy to ham his conversion up,like so many supposedly good actor's do, to go OTT, but he didn't. His performance was subtle and frightening. I could really see and feel Sheppard's struggle to hold on to his humanity. Hope TPTB realise what a brillliant actor he is and how lucky they were to get him.
                            I liked Weir here, a solid performance.
                            Caldwell was suitably opportunistic , but I like him as an antagonist very much.
                            The make-up was brilliant, the stunt work and cgi excellent too.
                            It was a tense and well-paced episode and credit must go to Martin Gero for handling this story so well. Nice to know Mr Gero can write exciting stuff for Sheppard too!
                            Now, the 'kiss'. I can't not mention this. IMO, it was not shippy, or romantic, but neither was it a sexual assault. To be honest I can't understand all the fuss generated by it. Sheppard snogged Teyla when his body was turning into a bug. I suppose it was meant to show how out of character and primally he was acting, and it did succeeed in showing that. Whether it was vital to the plot is a moot point. I certainly believe if it had gone any further Teyla would have kneed Shep somewhere nasty: she can take care of herself and IS NOT some poor defenseless little lady, she's a fighter and a damn good one too.
                            I also don't see Sheppard as a sexual predator here, his body was undergoing a metamorphisis and he hadn't got a clue why he'd done it. They certainly both seemed shocked and embarrassed afterwards!
                            Conversion is definitely my favourite season 2 episode so far, though I've honestly enjoyed them all, though I found Duet irritating in places, so that's my least favourite so far.
                            Conversion scores 10 out of 10 for me! More like that please!
                            sigpic

Comment

How much did I love this episode? Lots and lots! That's how much!

Joe was fantastic. You could see Shep's struggle not to get manic at the beginning of his conversion and then finally succumbing and turning into a monster. He scared the hell out of me anyway! The make-up was great, although I'm very glad 'The Hair' didn't convert to wraith tresses! That would've been sacrilege I tell you!!

Lovely to see Torri used more here also and she was darned good. Caldwell is really trying it on isn't he? SO wants Shep's job, but Liz sorted him out that's for sure! I like the dynamic between Shep/Liz/Caldwell very much.

I liked how all through the story it showed how the team cared about Shep. Right down to the ending, where they wanted to stay in the infirmary when he was recovering. Ahhh!!

Noticed a guitar and a boogie board (was it?) in Shep's quarters. Now, to me, that screams out for a 'beach party' episode! I mean, why let us see this stuff if they're not going to use it at some point in time?!!!

Anyway, fave episode so far this season!!

Comment

I enjoyed this episode as much as Instict, great emotional acting as the rushed to save his life and the kiss with Teyla looked good .

Couldnt believe Col Caldwell trying to take over before they were aware of Sheppard's fate.

Overall a well written episode of Atlantis.

STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
                                legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                                X