Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
    Latest Joe Mallozzi/Martin Gero intercepted IM transcript:

JM: Marty, you see the Conversion thread @ GW?
    MG: *shaking head* Hot fan convo.
    JM: Ratings are gonna be smokin!
    MG: What ice cream ya got?
    JM: Cherry “Smooch”
    MG: *ROTFL*
    JM: Think Flanigan will do a relapse episode?
    MG: No way, he had hives for a month w/the makeup
    Ooh! I hope not! Hives? Maybe a different brand of makeup? Or was it the latex? I hope he's having the same problem that Stait and the blue woman from Farscape? That makeup looked so cool!

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
      No, I didn't really like those bugs.
      I like bugs.

Dung beetles are cool.
      Oh, oh, you mean the bugs in the SGA episode. Ick, those were creepy. Bleh. Sheppard as a bug was ugly too.

Comment

Hi guys!

I have been lurking around in this forum for quite some time now and I decided now is a good time to finally sign up..

I think this episode was the best ever and Joe's acting was just beyond breathtaking, I am still so caught up in the whole story

To be honest, I expected the ratings to go way up for this episode, but it turns out that Atlantis even had the lowest ratings that night (not by far, but still...)

I am a bit disappointed
        *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
          I believe that if RDA was still a part of SG-1, Season 9 would be better than it is right now.
          Yeah, my faith in Stargate is dropping like a rock (I can't stand Vala, no O'Neill, wishy-washy new enemy, crappy general, etc, etc, etc), but Atlantis is impressing me to no end. Everything that they're turning out is mature, beautiful, and well-done television and "Conversion" was an amazing feat for all involved. Acting, drama, writing, and angst were at their peak all around.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

I have to say, I think Joe was absolutely brilliant in that role. At last he got something to really stretch him, and he played all the emotions so well. Struggling with the inner animal that was taking over...it definitely ranks alongside Paul McGillion's acting in 'Poisoning the Well' for me...I hope it attracts the same level of recognition that did for Paul...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
            "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
              Some people really seemed to go for the buggy Sheppard. Don't understand this myself, but heck, whatever fluffs your bunny, right?
              I prefer non-buggy Shep, but once was fine as you got to see him go 'dark side'. However, the gray makeup made me thinking of a moldy orange I'd once had in the fridge...

Comment

Is anyone else bothered about people barging into people's rooms without knocking. Ronan did it to Teyla. Of course, that was understandable. But Weir doing it to Shep, twice. It's as if walking into his quarters is a daily activity. Also, in season 1, "The Gift" I think, Teyla barged into Shep's quarters in the middle of the night. But that was a dream sequence. So maybe it doesn't count. Can't remember if she knocked/buzzed first.

Still, it's rather rude to barge into people's quarters. What if you catch them coming out of the shower?

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                  I prefer non-buggy Shep, but once was fine as you got to see him go 'dark side'. However, the gray makeup made me thinking of a moldy orange I'd once had in the fridge...
                  I loved the makeup! But in another thread, I read that JF had hives for a month. So, it's unlikely we'll see a reprise. If we do, they probably won't take it so far, or they will clip the scenes, or air scenes they shot but didn't use in Conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by mgbland
                    Is anyone else bothered about people barging into people's rooms without knocking. Ronan did it to Teyla. Of course, that was understandable. But Weir doing it to Shep, twice. It's as if walking into his quarters is a daily activity. Also, in season 1, "The Gift" I think, Teyla barged into Shep's quarters in the middle of the night. But that was a dream sequence. So maybe it doesn't count. Can't remember if she knocked/buzzed first.

Still, it's rather rude to barge into people's quarters. What if you catch them coming out of the shower?
                    Well, Ronon doesn't quite have the whole manners thing down...the guy likes to eat Jello with his hands, so I guess we can cut him a break. And the thing with Weir...I don't know. When the guy is an agressive, largely unreasonable, and dangerous bug, I'd think that you'd want to announce yourself before entering and bring some Marines along for good measure. As far as Teyla in "The Gift", it was a dream like you said, but she was also incredibly frightened and went to someone she could trust for help. I'm sure if it was in real life Shep would have forgiven her (and she did call for him before going in).

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Yes. that is exactly what I thought and wrote in another forum...
                      Nobody seems to mind knocking before entering, except Sheppard...
                      You mentioned the scenes in 'Conversion' where Weir did it twice..
                      I remember in 'Hide and Seek' Shep did knock on Ford's door when they were about to look for Jinto.

Shep needs to teach them some manners
                      *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

I loved the makeup! But in another thread, I read that JF had hives for a month. So, it's unlikely we'll see a reprise. If we do, they probably won't take it so far, or they will clip the scenes, or air scenes they shot but didn't use in Conversion.
                        Er, I read that Hives remark and it was fictitious IM between the writers, (see below)

Latest Joe Mallozzi/Martin Gero intercepted IM transcript:

JM: Marty, you see the Conversion thread @ GW?
                        MG: *shaking head* Hot fan convo.
                        JM: Ratings are gonna be smokin!
                        MG: What ice cream ya got?
                        JM: Cherry “Smooch”
                        MG: *ROTFL*
                        JM: Think Flanigan will do a relapse episode?
                        MG: No way, he had hives for a month w/the makeup

So, no hives.

Comment

Glad no hives. I have to watch certain cosmetics due to skin reactions.

Have heard no mention of the music. I really think the Atlantis series does so well with their music. It really sets the tone. In Conversion, the music's grand.
                          Spoiler:
                          Especially the cave scene with Shep.
                          Last edited by mgbland; 15 September 2005, 05:10 AM.

Comment

I too have been wondering about entry to other people's rooms. In "Duet", Rodney seemed to just approach Katie's door and it opened. It seems as if you could be wandering down the side of a corridor and everyone's door would open as you passed!

I suppose it's possible that you can set the door to open on approach or to stay closed until you open it from the inside - but that'd be easy to forget and could be really embarrassing if you're having a romantic night with a friend, or have just wandered naked out of the shower.

If I was on Atlantis, I'd definitely spend my nights wandering around the corridors in the hope of getting a quick flash of someone interesting ... ;-)

Comment

Another weird thought.
                              Spoiler:
                              Sheppard obviously got infected by an exchange of body fluids. Or at the least, Ilia (can't spell sorry) injected him with the infected enzyme. Later when Carson gave Shep the diagnosis. Shep happened to be in denial. It's interesting to see him go from saying the wound hurt like hell, to denying it completely mere hours later. Then he said that she spit a lot. Now my question. If he thought Ilia had infected him by spitting on him, why didn't he report kissing Teyla? He had a lot more contact than just spitting. Why wasn't he worried about infecting Teyla? Had he already forgotten?

I can see why Teyla didn't report it. She probably didn't make the connection between saliva and infection, but Shep should have.

Comment

Originally posted by Callie
                                I too have been wondering about entry to other people's rooms. In "Duet", Rodney seemed to just approach Katie's door and it opened. It seems as if you could be wandering down the side of a corridor and everyone's door would open as you passed!

I suppose it's possible that you can set the door to open on approach or to stay closed until you open it from the inside - but that'd be easy to forget and could be really embarrassing if you're having a romantic night with a friend, or have just wandered naked out of the shower.

If I was on Atlantis, I'd definitely spend my nights wandering around the corridors in the hope of getting a quick flash of someone interesting ... ;-)
                                Maybe the doors can be locked from the inside. Then, maybe the rooms are so sound proofed, that you can't hear someone knock. That would explain why they just barge in. Still, it would be rather fun for Teyla or Weir to barge in on Shep as he stepping out of the shower. I loved the scene in Battlestar last week, where Lucy Lawless got Lee Adama to drop the towel.

Actually, how many times in Stargate have there been steamy bed scenes? We saw Daniel in bed with his wife in the episode where she died. Carter in bed with her boyfriend. And O'Neill in bed with that woman in season 8. From the spoilers,
                                Spoiler:
                                I think someone's supposed to try to seduce Shep later this season. I wonder if he'll go through with it.

Back to the subject. I think Weir walked into Shep's room in this episode was a little different. But from the way she refrained from scoping his room out, I got the impression she'd been there before. But again, the no lights issue made it hard to see anyway. Everything was dark but that photo.
                                Last edited by mgbland; 15 September 2005, 05:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X