Trinity (206)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Camy
    Being in a "boss" position, I can say with experience that I have had my share of people yelling at me and in front of others....I think that there is a time and a place and it's done for a purpose...I've only "raised" my voice, once....and that was really painful and it was more to send a message to the person since I had just been recently appointed in that position....but, I have to say, my approach is to let the person yell, it demeans them and shows their true character...I lay low and respond in private and within reason...Effective leadership requires so much self-control and so much discipline since so many are relying and depending on you...It is a huge responsibility and one that not many can do effectively thus, the consequences that come with a big price.

In Weir's case, I really believe it was totally out of character...I think she could have done it more privately and I don't think that she was fair with Rodney considering that Sheppard has screwed up more than he has....I just didn't even understand the entire scene or its purpose...I think that scene would have been very effective if it was on its own. But, I don't doubt for a minute that there are people that rely to such actions in the real world. But, for me, it was an appropriate action on her part, but the way that the writers chosed to film it was kind of demeaning to Rodney's character....and even to Weir. JMO

Good points. It's my experience that when one gets yelled at in public, it's often the reputation of the yeller that drops. Sadly, I've had a lot of experience with public humiliation. Of course, with Weir's fishbowl office, people would have seen the exchange even if they didn't hear it.

Comment

They've been building on Rodney's never wrong streak all season. I believe there was a comment in "Runner" Shep to Rodney. It was such a strong episode! Loved the Shep and Rodney dynamics. Loved the apology of Rodney to Shep. And Shep's reply.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        In regards to McKay... Super intelligent people have less reason to defend their ego, but only if they have the confidence to support it. McKay, I think, is very insecure and as smart as he is, he's always afraid there will be someone smarter who will make him obsolete and worthless.
        He's an intellectual giant and a social reject. From his reaction when Lt. Cadmen
        Spoiler:
        to waking up nude, I suspect he's a virgin. Or probably a bunch of his fellow scientists set him up. I just loved seeing that dynamic of him. On the other hand, I suspect Shep would have been ticked off, but not embarrassed.

Comment

The selling point for me in this ep was Ronon and Teyla getting into a heated discussion on negotiation and obviously McKay's obsessive compulsive behavior. The whole "trust" issue between Shep and McKay was very well done.
          All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
          Pay it forward

Comment

Just seen Trinity, and I really liked this episode.
            I liked McKay here. He was not as OTT as usual, and the end scene was really quite sad.
            I liked that McKay let his arrogance get the better of him, but was saddened that Sheppard's trust in him was shattered, though obviously McKay will be able to earn this trust back.
            Teyla and Ronon's part of the episode was obviously a similar theme, how someone can abuse the trust you put in them. Though not the most thrilling of 'b' storylines, I liked the character development here.
            The main storyline of the Ancient's weapon was sound, and I loved seeing the McKay/Sheppard dynamic I've missed a bit in this season alive and well again!
            Obviously as a Sheppard fan I thought JF was brilliant here, (when don't I?), but I loved the bit where Shep shows he understands more than McKay thinks he can,(the firing blurb on the weapon) and adored it when Sheppard said about pilots not ejecting soon enough. Very persuasive argument!
            I've not been disappointed this season so far, though some episodes I've obviously enjoyed more than others. Trinity - I enjoyed.
            sigpic

Comment

OK...

1. Rodney McKay you overcocky loonhead! Well it's PG at least. Nothing quite like a guy running at 100mph right off a cliff! Having said that, part of me is relating to the guy more than I'd like.

2. Ronan Dex, I'm starting to actually like this guy. From the moment we saw him interrupting his old mate with "liar" we saw the side that actually flips back and grabs some booze in celebration that he's not alone. OK, we have the whole deal with his old mentor who it sounds like he was a deserter. Now we have a solid character.

3. This is also the best Teyla ep in S2 at the very least.

And this is definately the best ep since Siege part 3...no scratch that make it best of S2 so far, I'm in a good mood. THe whole thing just bursting with energy.
              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

This was an episode in which felt good to me, Mckay was him usual self in the adventure of gaining technology which could do wonders and as Caldwell said reduce fossil fuels on Earth. As has been mentioned I think this epiosde would have been better before Condemend as in that episode you could feel the non-trust like realtionship between Mckay and Sheppard and after this epsiode you would have been able to see why. Ronan is starting to grow on me as a character who brings more of what Teal'c brought to SG-1. Did Beckket actuall say anything in this episode he was there for a moment and then gone Teyla was her normaly realxed slef up and to the point where the knife came out and she threatened Ronan! Top stuff!!!

Trinity recieves a S.G.C rating of 8 out of 9 Chevrons!

Comment

I really enjoyed the episode I thought the trust issue was very well done, and I liked the scene at the begining where their telling Sheppard what they might have discovered and his face lights up.

STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
                  legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by bcfc
                    I really enjoyed the episode I thought the trust issue was very well done, and I liked the scene at the begining where their telling Sheppard what they might have discovered and his face lights up.

That bit was lovely, wasn't it?
                    I also loved the look on Rodney's face when he realised Sheppard understood about the firing of the weapon! Classic stuff!
                    sigpic

Comment

Another good episode. Not awesomely good but well...just good!

Nice idea to have the two stories ticking along. I don't think the Teyla/Ronon one was particularly interesting, but I like those two together. It was nice they had a bit more to do than usual. Do I see another 'ship' coming in?!!

I was much more interested in what was happening between Shep and McKay. Joe and David work so well together. Top marks to Joe for portraying Shep's excitedness at finding the weapon, putting himself on the line for McKay and then his anger at him and to David for showing McKay's blatant arrogance and then disappointment at letting his friend down. The Shep/McKay 'friendship' is very unusual and very interesting. Also, David Nykl (Zalenka) deserves a mention to. I loved how he showed his frustration and disbelief at McKay's attitude.

Best bit of the whole eppy for me was Shep's little laugh at McKay when they were talking about the weapon at the beginning and when he slammed the desk when he was angry near the end! Wow!

I'm sorry...I can't help it! I'm such a fangirl!!

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor

Best bit of the whole eppy for me was Shep's little laugh at McKay when they were talking about the weapon at the beginning and when he slammed the desk when he was angry near the end! Wow!

I'm sorry...I can't help it! I'm such a fangirl!!

Yep, fangirl here too! I went into complete meltdown when Shep slammed his fist on the desk! How embarrassing is that to admit?
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm not really sure about this episode.....I mean I loved the whole dead armada but it just didn't seem to settle right with me. Seeing McKay wrong was interesting and seems like there is now a new dynamic between him and Sheppard...one which might prove..problematic.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

"Big Honkin' Spaceguns," that was good.

At last, Rodney fails ... bigtime. Good ending between McKay and Shepperd. Loved Zelenka (as always ... see, he's at least as smart as McKay, and doesn't get the credit for it). Liked the fact Teyla got something to do. Also liking Ronon. Oh yeah ... and Weir berating McKay in the background.

Very, very good. My favourite so far out of the 7 eps of S9 and 6 of S3 i've seen so far.
                            I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
                              Just seen Trinity, and I really liked this episode.
                              I liked McKay here. He was not as OTT as usual, and the end scene was really quite sad.

I loved the bit where Shep shows he understands more than McKay thinks he can,(the firing blurb on the weapon)
                              Yup, McKay and Shep were both on form here, and I was surprised by how sad I felt at the end. And I like the attitude Shep has to scientific stuff - he doesn't affect disdain for it or treat it like it doesn't concern him cos he's a soldier.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by jonno
                                Oh yeah ... and Weir berating McKay in the background.
                                I was actually pretty horrified at Weir berating McKay. Sure, tell the guy off but don't do it where everyone on the base can overhear you. I'd not put her in charge of any team at all just on that basis alone. It's poor supervisory skills.

Comment

Working...
                                X