No announcement yet.

Trinity (206)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He blew up a solar system for crying out loud! (ok, to be fair, 5/6 of one) He kinda deserved it for letting his pig-headedness once again get the better of him. And had his worst-case scenario come out, the entire Universe coulda been in jeapordy. He deserved every word he got, public or no.
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

And at any time Weir et al could have ordered him to stop and didn't. Instead of ranting at Rodney after the fact, they could easily have just ordered him to stop. And why? Because if it had worked they would have got everything they wanted.

Comment

Weir might not have had a choice. Remember what Caldwell threatened. Weir could have pulled the plug right then and there, yes, but somebody else could have ordered her to plug it right back in again. If she had just said no, it could have been no more than a stalling measure. Remember, she still has superiors to answer to.
        Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
          He blew up a solar system for crying out loud! (ok, to be fair, 5/6 of one) He kinda deserved it for letting his pig-headedness once again get the better of him. And had his worst-case scenario come out, the entire Universe coulda been in jeapordy. He deserved every word he got, public or no.
          He deserved some consequences too.
          School is overrated.

Comment

He deserved some consequences too for his actions.
            School is overrated.

Comment

i didn't like this episode any bit as the atlantis team got nothing good out of it

Comment

Weir might not have had a choice. Remember what Caldwell threatened. Weir could have pulled the plug right then and there, yes, but somebody else could have ordered her to plug it right back in again. If she had just said no, it could have been no more than a stalling measure. Remember, she still has superiors to answer to.
                In which case, there was even less reason to scream at Rodney.

Comment

this is the best exmaple of rodney ego getting the best of him

and he blew up a solar system

sam only blew up a sun
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Plus, she meant to do it. He didn't.

Comment

I had to look up "Trinity" when this episode first aired to understand the reference. Wil Wheaton wrote in his blog today about Joshua Ellis, an independent journalist who wrote a story about his visit to the Trinity test site, opened to the public only twice a year. Very interesting stuff.

My kind of guy:
                      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer
                        He deserved some consequences too.
                        Unfortunatly, the Big Red Reset Button was hit at the end of the episode, thereby removing any growth or implications for characters. A sad fact of S2, I say.

Originally posted by andrelage
                        i didn't like this episode any bit as the atlantis team got nothing good out of it
                        Oddly enough, I like this episode for just that reason. It shows that the Good Guys don't always win in the end and that sometimes, people make mistakes in a big way.

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
                        this is the best exmaple of rodney ego getting the best of him

and he blew up a solar system

sam only blew up a sun
                        And this is why McKay is a far better, more believable character than Sam has ever been. He makes mistakes. He allows his flaws to consume him. Sam doesn't, since she apparently doesn't have any.
                        sigpic
                        http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

*ahem, ahem *K'tau*ahem, ahem*.

Comment

I have at last seen this episode, now I have the DVD, and on first viewing I am quite disappointed, though maybe I will like it better second time round. I think it would have worked better if there was some reason for Rodney's sense of urgency, as normally he only gets into the kind of state he was in if he has urgently got to save everybody or at least somebody; otherwise he will take plenty of time for research and keep safety in mind. Maybe "Home" is something of an exception, but the Stargate is his main field of expertise, so he was on pretty safe ground there. I just can't see why anybody acted as they did in the main storyline, but I have to say I liked the Teyla / Ronan plot better (and considering my favourite thing about the series is the Sheppard / McKay relationship, that is a bit strange!)
                            I don't think anybody has mentioned this, though:

MATTAS: Your friend is not Athosian?

TEYLA: No. Ronon is the only survivor of a world known as Sateda. He saved the life of a friend of mine. In return, we offered him sanctuary.

I was really surprised to hear her say that, because it seemed that nobody was ever going to mention that he saved Rodney's life in "Runner". I was really pleased to hear it mentioned at last! I don't think she is right about that being the reason they "offered him sanctuary", though, because surely Shep had already done that before Ronon saved Rodney's life anyway?

I was also pleased to hear Teyla admitting that she believes in dishing out summary justice too, as that seems to tie in very well with her behaviour to Sora's father in "Underground".

Lastly, I do hope the Daedalus popping up just in time to save the day is not going to become as regular and tiresome as Shran doing the same in Enterprise (though I loved Shran). I was just saying to my OH that the Daedalus should have flown over to be ready to transport Shep and Rodney out if need be, when it appeared! But why on earth didn't they arrange to meet the Daedalus there in the first place? Oh well, maybe it will all make more sense on a second viewing, but for now it seems like yet another of those stand-alone episodes that are best forgotten. If only Martin Gero had written it!
                            Please... leave the touching to the experts.

Comment

I really, really love this episode and I think this is the best episode for McKay and Sheppard and there friendship. I think it's really great to see McKay fail because it makes him human and eventually his ego would get in the way and cause a problem. It's also great because as Damian Kindler says McKay is kicked were it hurts, in science. It isn't about him not being able to run fast or shoot a gun, but being wrong in his own field were he feels he can do no wrong. It's also kind of like the in Grace Under Pressure
                              McKay: I'm not crazy. I just have another consciousness in my brain.

McKay: Yeah Anubis this is your agent. You're playing it WAY over the top. Could you get serious please!!

Carter: You know you blow up one sun, and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.

McKay: Come on how offten do you get to travel to an alien planet?
                              Beckett: I was already on an alien planet

Comment

Originally posted by Catsitter
                                I have at last seen this episode, now I have the DVD, and on first viewing I am quite disappointed, though maybe I will like it better second time round. I think it would have worked better if there was some reason for Rodney's sense of urgency, as normally he only gets into the kind of state he was in if he has urgently got to save everybody or at least somebody; otherwise he will take plenty of time for research and keep safety in mind. Maybe "Home" is something of an exception, but the Stargate is his main field of expertise, so he was on pretty safe ground there. I just can't see why anybody acted as they did in the main storyline, but I have to say I liked the Teyla / Ronan plot better (and considering my favourite thing about the series is the Sheppard / McKay relationship, that is a bit strange!)
                                I don't think anybody has mentioned this, though:

MATTAS: Your friend is not Athosian?

TEYLA: No. Ronon is the only survivor of a world known as Sateda. He saved the life of a friend of mine. In return, we offered him sanctuary.

I was really surprised to hear her say that, because it seemed that nobody was ever going to mention that he saved Rodney's life in "Runner". I was really pleased to hear it mentioned at last! I don't think she is right about that being the reason they "offered him sanctuary", though, because surely Shep had already done that before Ronon saved Rodney's life anyway?

I was also pleased to hear Teyla admitting that she believes in dishing out summary justice too, as that seems to tie in very well with her behaviour to Sora's father in "Underground".

Lastly, I do hope the Daedalus popping up just in time to save the day is not going to become as regular and tiresome as Shran doing the same in Enterprise (though I loved Shran). I was just saying to my OH that the Daedalus should have flown over to be ready to transport Shep and Rodney out if need be, when it appeared! But why on earth didn't they arrange to meet the Daedalus there in the first place? Oh well, maybe it will all make more sense on a second viewing, but for now it seems like yet another of those stand-alone episodes that are best forgotten. If only Martin Gero had written it!
                                I think McKay was quick to jump in because there was the ability to have this massive source of power and the wraith are still a traet so the sooner they had that ability to defend Atlantis and use the power to activate outher system in Atlantis then the more thime they would have to find a soulution to deal with the Wraith. As as Damien Kindler says the carrot dangling in front of McKay of this kind of power and the oppotunity is presents is just to big for his ego to back down from and McKay has said a number of times that he thinks himself smarter than the anctients.

It's bad but i do sometimes forget about the Teyla and Ronon story in this episode because I get so wrapped up with what's going on with McKay and Sheppard. But this episode is also good for Teyla and Ronon
                                McKay: I'm not crazy. I just have another consciousness in my brain.

McKay: Yeah Anubis this is your agent. You're playing it WAY over the top. Could you get serious please!!

Carter: You know you blow up one sun, and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.

McKay: Come on how offten do you get to travel to an alien planet?
                                Beckett: I was already on an alien planet

Comment

Working...
                                X