No announcement yet.

Duet (204)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol poor rodney indeed atho i would hate to be the one stuck inside his mind
    sigpic

Comment

I loved this episode. It had some of the best Rodney/Carson moments in it and some great acting from David.
      sigpic
      Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

i agree
        sigpic

Comment

Duet is one of my favourite episodes as well. David H., Paul & David N. all do a fabulously hilarious job. Some of Joe's bits are also very funny. My favourite moments are: Carson's "Oh crap" & dive for cover from the crashing dart, Rodney's conversation with Carson in the infirmary after first waking up, Cadman in Rodney's body having the conversation with Carson in the infirmary, the dinner scene, & of course the scene with "The Kiss"! All comedy gold!

Feel the love.
          dolfyn.
          Dr. Carson Beckett: The Heart of Atlantis

Comment

lol the kiss is great
            sigpic

Comment

why didnt they continue to study the wraith beaming device. the possibilities are endless if people can be stored in as small a container as that, it could be used as an amazingly efficient storage system, an evacuation method, a vaccum cleaner...
              R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

This episode is absolutely hilarious!!! Cadman being stuck in McKay's body was so funny! The date with Katie was great, as was the debates between between Rodney and Cadman where they keep switching back and forth. Hewlett did a good job of portraying the changes in character.
                Signature by Glitch33.
                sigpic
                Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

Originally posted by dolfyn View Post
                  Duet is one of my favourite episodes as well. David H., Paul & David N. all do a fabulously hilarious job. Some of Joe's bits are also very funny. My favourite moments are: Carson's "Oh crap" & dive for cover from the crashing dart, Rodney's conversation with Carson in the infirmary after first waking up, Cadman in Rodney's body having the conversation with Carson in the infirmary, the dinner scene, & of course the scene with "The Kiss"! All comedy gold!

Feel the love.
                  dolfyn.
                  I agree, great episode, one of my favorites.
                  sigpic

Comment

Great ep, even if a bit of a filler storywise. Still, it had the best comedic moments of the show so far, and definitely showed DH's acting to best advantage. And the kiss was great, as was Beckett patting Cadman's hand once she was back in her own body. I wish they'd explore Wraith beaming tech further.
                    sigpic

Comment

This episode reminded me of a Star Trek Voyager episode when two crew members got merged together in the transporter. Though despite the similar theme the SGA episode was miles better. Possibly the funniest one to date and it was very interesting to see them get a hang of wraith beaming technology. I hope they can use this new knowledge to their advantage in the future.
                      At the moment it is Phobos (though time is limited; it is suppose to crash into Mars in the next 100 million years )

Comment

I love this episode. DH is amazing as Cadman takes over his body.
                        Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
                          I love this episode. DH is amazing as Cadman takes over his body.
                          He is! He did an amazing job on this episode!
                          sigpic

Comment

Having just rewatched this episode again for the 5th or so time, I just wanted to comment on the excellent acting skills of David Hewlett, who shows once again that he is a very versatile and talented actor. I get the impression that he had an immense amount of fun with this episode, and just ran away with everything. It was good to see him interacting with people on a non-professional level. A lot of the time he's present for his knowledge of tech, but this time, Zelenka told him off and put him in the naughty corner, which meant we got to explore a bit more of Rodney's personality away from his lab.

On the subject of Ronon, I found that he is much more aloof and calm in these earlier episodes than in later ones. In both Runner and Duet, even when he's violent it's in a very controlled and quiet way, whereas he seems to spend more time being louder and angrier in later seasons.

This seemed to quite clearly be a McKay/Beckett/Ronon episode. Other characters, in the form of Sheppard, Zelenka and Ms Psychologist (I forget how to spell her name) are present and quite active, but in more supportive roles rather than the spotlight. Weir and Teyla's roles were incredibly diminished. It seemed Teyla was only present to be used as a prop for Ronon, to show his 'softer' side when he comes to apologise to her. And I think Weir was mostly around to remind us all that she's still leader.

I do think it's a shame that Lorne is such a crap shot with a rocket launcher though. Heheh.
                            Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

Originally posted by The Urban Spaceman View Post
                              ...Ms Psychologist (I forget how to spell her name)...
                              Type it with me -> Heightmeyer

Or just check my location.

Originally posted by The Urban Spaceman View Post
                              I do think it's a shame that Lorne is such a crap shot with a rocket launcher though. Heheh.
                              Ah, but that screencap has sparked many fun captions.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I think I'm afraid to think about the possibilities.
                                Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

Working...
                                X