No announcement yet.

Duet (204)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to see this episode so badly! I don't think I'll get to until I can buy the DVDs though, oh well I'll wait!

"Victory... should be naked!" - The Slitheen

Comment

gosh! i got to watch it here via internet downloads. WOW. Me and my dad were laughing so hard that we almost fell off the chair, and that scene where McKay was talking to Beckett in the infirmary and he was acting so strangely funnily gay. )
      sigpic
      Stargate Atlantis Rocks My World Back Here in the Milky Way I sooo love Sheppard/Flanigan and McKay/Hewlett

Comment

What a truely terrible episode. The character of Rodney is really turning me off Atlantis all together. He is embarrassingly unfunny. The whining bufoonery just goes too far to the point that is seems to overshadow everything else in the show-and frankly it's boring.TPTB don't really know when to stop with this character.
        Absolutely no light or shade to the character whatsoever. It's all just verbal diarrhoea shouted at breakneck speed on one note and one noise level. They obviously are trying to make him the quasi "Dr Smith" type on Antlantis, but Johnathan Harris was a consumate actor and knew about nuance.
        This Mackay doesn't have a clue what that means.
        If this rubbish of an episode is any judge to go by, then Atlantis' future is grim past 4 seasons.
        I would be embarrassed to show an ep like this if I were introducing anyone to Atlantis. .
        The episode was absolute garbage, but of course fans will scream...hilarious...best ep ever!
        And they wonder why viewing numbers are dropping off.
        Last edited by david2708; 15 December 2006, 07:35 PM.

Comment

I thought this episode was HILARIOUS. Was it perfect? No. I've been trying to recall shows/movies where a man was "playing" a woman (a la "All of Me" as opposed to "Some Like It Hot") and it's true - there tends to be hand gestures and such indicating femininity. Not always perfect for the character (though in "All of Me" it was appropriate). But I didn't find it too overdone. The dplain fact of the matter is that I laughed myself silly watching this episode. I thought David Hewlitt's shifts between characters were great. I especially liked how they shot the scene in Dr. Heitmeyer's office (different camera angles for McKay and Cadman so you didn't see David Hewlitt whipping his head left and right to indicate a different character). And the kisses - ha!

I'll be interested to see how long Ronan stays a sort of neanderthal man. I mean, I don't expect him to change overnight, but watching him shovel food into his mouth, kick the butts of his sparring partners and be generally unresponsive in conversations is going to get old for me pretty quick.
          sigpic
          Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

I did enjoy the ep, but I think it would have worked better if a main character had been switched with another main. With Cadman, I recall seeing her in very few eps, and it's hard enough to imitate a regular character without having to do a relativel minor and unknown person. I found David's acting to be a little over the top at times, but with the material he was given, what could you do? If he'd underplayed it, the ep probably wouldn't have played as well as it did. I was in a few school productions, and when you had people that weren't willing to give it their best shot and risk looking like fools, the audience wouldn't buy the performance and felt cheated. At least in this case, no matter what faults people find in David's impersonation, it definitely seemed like he gave it his all.

Personally, I find more problems with the script. If I were stuck in another person's body, I would be more concerned with helping them get me out of that situation, not annoying them silly and distracting them from finding a solution. Cadman reminded me of Urgo, really [from Stargate's ep 'Urgo'. Whoa, that looks really obvious, but I thought I should clarify anyway], except he had a reason, because he didn't want to be returned to his owner and 'killed'. So constantly bugging Carter aided his survival. What Cadman does is directly reducing her chances of survival. And her tactics for dealing with McKay's dating situation- goodness sake, was that sabotage? True, he wasn't doing so great with the communication, but the girl liked him anyway. What Cadman did was totally out of character for him, and would've confused the poor girl and left her wondering what on earth was going on with him. On the one hand, I can see the humor, but these things bother me afterwards. Why is Cadman trying to ruin his life? She's supposedly helping him, but makes it worse. How does bringing Carson along do anything to further McKay's relationship with the woman [whose name I can't remember, which is why she's 'the woman']? It doesn't, just lets her spend more time with him, or that's my theory, anyway. And the kisses. The writers said that since she kissed a woman for him, it was only fair that he kiss a guy for her. But firstly, I would feel violated if someone kissed another person in my body for me when I would be more comfortable handling that kind of thing *on my own*, thank you very much. Secondly, he didn't ask her to do it, she forged on ahead without his permission [what kind of Doctor is Kate anyway, focusing on letting Cadman control McKay? I don't see how that helps. It certainly strained their interaction]. Thirdly, Carson's his friend, how're they supposed to react to the kiss between them? She didn't seem to be thinking of other people at all throughout the ep, and came off as rather shallow and selfish. I didn't really find myself caring whether she died or not, in fact, it would have been refreshing had they let her 'slip away' into the light. No offense to any fans of hers.
            'I am frightened that the flame of hate will burn me
            will scorch my pride, scar my heart
            It will burn and I cannot put it out...'

Sig by Falcon Horus- thank you!

my LJ of squee *myspace of angst * my fic of random

My OTP forever, by Stef, who is awesome:
            Spoiler:

Thanks, Stef!

Comment

Hilarious episode , I really liked the scenes where Cadman took over Rodneys body.
              spoilers for unending:
              Spoiler:

Comment

I absolutly adore this episode, almost beyond description. David did such a great job switching between characters- and it was just as wonderful to watch the second time, and with the commentary. And that kiss.....loved it.

And LOVED the Tim Horton's coffee mug. That made my day. (and the touque, and the Canadarm)

Comment

This episode is HILARIOUS! I think David Hewlett did a great job.
                  Newbiegater

Save Stargate Sg-1!

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16, NIV

Comment

GREAT episode. David Hewlett did such a wonderful job in here...playing both Rodney's role and also Jaime's role (after Rodney fell asleep and she took over his body). The commentary on this episode was just sooooo hilarious. The kiss at the end caught me offguard and I just loved Sheppards' facial expression.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubisjackel View Post
                      GREAT episode. David Hewlett did such a wonderful job in here...playing both Rodney's role and also Jaime's role (after Rodney fell asleep and she took over his body). The commentary on this episode was just sooooo hilarious. The kiss at the end caught me offguard and I just loved Sheppards' facial expression.
                      I just loved everyone's facial expressions.

Including those of the family members watching with me.

Comment

this is one of my favourite episodes. i love mckay, he is sooooooo funny (especially in tao of rodney)
                        Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
                        sigpic
                        sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

I loved this episode I couldn't stop laughing. Mckay did a wonderful job playing both parts. The scenes that Cadman were in, when she told over his body were Hilarious. I have seen this episode 5 times so far......Is one of my many favorites from season 2.

http://galaxygate.freeforums.org/index.php
                          Come and join My Doctor Who fourm....
                          http://galactictraveler.proboards.com/index.cgi

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                            I just loved everyone's facial expressions.

Including those of the family members watching with me.
                            I agree with you, I just loved everyone's facial expressions and looks given to mckay, when he was talking to himself.

http://galaxygate.freeforums.org/index.php
                            Come and join My Doctor Who fourm....
                            http://galactictraveler.proboards.com/index.cgi

Comment

Hey all! I'm brand new to Stargate Atlantis. I recently got both Seasons 1 and 2 on DVD. I watched Duet just last night. What a great episode! I'm a huge McKay fan to begin with and he always makes me laugh but last night I was howling. Hewlett gave an amazing performance. I was also glad to see his basic decency coming through near the end when Cadman said she was less important than Rodney and would let herself slip away.

The Ronan/Sheppard scenes were also quite funny.

God, I love this show.

Comment

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
                                Hey all! I'm brand new to Stargate Atlantis. I recently got both Seasons 1 and 2 on DVD. I watched Duet just last night. What a great episode! I'm a huge McKay fan to begin with and he always makes me laugh but last night I was howling. Hewlett gave an amazing performance. I was also glad to see his basic decency coming through near the end when Cadman said she was less important than Rodney and would let herself slip away.

The Ronan/Sheppard scenes were also quite funny.

God, I love this show.
                                This was a great episode. McKay can be pretty annoying (understatement), but DH's versatility is amazing. His veering back and forth between the McKay and Cadman personalities was great. But for me, the highlight was the kiss. That's the part I will never, ever forget. LOL.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X