No announcement yet.

Duet (204)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was GREAT! Most excellent, very funny at times, too. And I agree that McKay is definately back

I really like Ronon, I really do. He's quite an interesting character and I hope we gets lots of development, plus it's easy to understand why he doesn't say much.

I dunno about the rest of you but I can see the possibility, moreso now, of something between Teyla and Ronon, like.. a good friendship, a least. I think it would probably work better that way, to be honest, because I'm afraid that shippyness will get handled the same way it did in SG1. And everyone (or TPTB anyway) seems to be of the opinion that romance doesn't belong in SciFi as a regular episode-to-episode subplot. I dont really agree but.. eh, I'd rather not see it at all then see it turn out like the Jack/Sam thing did.

Anyway, I have to give David Hewlett props for his superb acting skillz throughout this episode, he did an excellent job of fighting with "himself" and of playing Cadmen when she had control.

Cadmen was also pretty cool, loved her banter with McKay

Hmm.. can't think of much else to say... so..

Most excellent episode ^__^ Loved it lots and lots Really like Mr. Gero's work ^_^

10/10. GW Poll Rating: Outstanding

Comment

Something I didn't understand about the episode, Sheppard was worried about the Wraith finding out about Atlantis, but the Wraith are connected through a psychic network, everything one Wraith see's, the others immediately know, so other than retrieving Rodney and Cadman, what was the point of shooting down the Dart, the Wraith saw them, and now they should be attacking, or did I miss something, from another episode, that explains why they weren't worried about this psychic network?

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
        Something I didn't understand about the episode, Sheppard was worried about the Wraith finding out about Atlantis, but the Wraith are connected through a psychic network, everything one Wraith see's, the others immediately know, so other than retrieving Rodney and Cadman, what was the point of shooting down the Dart, the Wraith saw them, and now they should be attacking, or did I miss something, from another episode, that explains why they weren't worried about this psychic network?
        Didn't they mention once that the link only works when they're in proximity?

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
          Maybe it has something to do with the distance, maybe the psychic network was out of range, Tyla doesn't feel the wraith untill a certain point.

greetzzz

Comment

Great episode. Very funny with McKay. Amazing how the previews didn't give any idea at all about the main plot.
            Last edited by QuiGonJohn; 08 August 2005, 06:04 PM.

Comment

It was a good episode. (I guess I'm more of a action gal). I loved 'The Kiss' scene between McKay and Beckett, near the end, and their individual reaction to it.

Comment

Duet was a wonderful mix of humor and drama. I loved it. What a nice change from SG-1 this week.

Duet was a pretty decent distilation of that old Steve Martin/Lily Tomlin movie, All of Me. Kudos to DH!

I like Ronan Dex; he seems a decent sort, but, oh my, what a terrific scene he and Weir had together. I was intimidated.

Methinks Dex is gonna give the command structure some grief. Sheppard is gonna get a taste of his own medicine. I can just see the "now you know how it feels" looks from Weir and Teyla.
                Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by GateFanTLH
                  I really hope Cadman comes back in more episodes please, I really liked her and I would like to see if she becomes a friend with McKay after their ordeal, and I would like to see if Beckett and her form a relationship, that would be nice.
                  So do I.
                  I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

Don't worry Cadman will be back soon. She'll be returning for "Critical Mass"

Here check a link to this interview where she talks about the episode
                    http://www.ledelirium.com/forum/sutra17676.html#17676
                    sigpic

Comment

I liked this ep. Rodney was great acting all girly I actually enjoyed this more than the new sg-1 ep..

Comment

At the risk of sounding like a fangirl...

I love David Hewlett!!

Enough said.

His interpretation and portrayal of Cadman just totally rocked.

Comment

Great episode. DH is marvelous, isn't he? Loved his interaction with Zelenka and Beckett. Could have used a little more banter with Sheppard, but at least there was some obvious concern in there. I've been missing that Sheppard and McKay interaction -- it's my favorite part of the show!
                          Last edited by ChiliCheezDip; 08 August 2005, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Loved this episode. Probably my favorite one so far. David Hewlett is just Hilarious. The kiss btw him and Beckett was the best part of the episode. Also loved all the banter btw Mckay and Zelenka.
                            *AtlantisFan*

McKay: Oh, believe me that's not the first thing we tried.
                            Sheppard: I shot him.... In the leg.

Ford: How can something as big as Atlantis just sink?
                            Sheppard: I'm sure the passengers on the Titanic were asking themselves the same question?!

McKay: You're right- if only we had a magical tool that could slow down time. I foolishly left mine on Earth - did you bring yours?

McKay: I will try, but despite what you all may think, I am not Superman

Comment

I was laughing my butt off through the entire episode. I dare say that this was probably my favorite episode to date of SGA.

Comment

How could the director let a slip like this get through.

Dr. Weir called Sheppard by his old rank Major.

At least in "Zero Hour" Dr. Jackson corrected himself right away when he called O'Neill Colonel instead of General in front of the Russian.

Comment

Working...
                                X